Ian and helga go south !! (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Right people,got off the ferry about 8am and it was like being in a David Attenborough documentary,,where the herd all tear away leaving the old boy at the back to get slaughtered! But I survived,,helga was great,,I'm an now parked on my very first aire in casalareinwaiting with coffee for nige
ano pamelaaaaaa to turn up later,,thanks to their excellent directions I found the place straight away,,again very cool people to sort me out and for that I will thank them ,, ANYWAY THERE IS A PIC OF HELGA AND I WILL DO ONE OF US TOGETHER SOON,, I know have a story to tell...on the ferry I met a woman who heard me talking to someone saying I was a builder,who has bought a finca in the hills and some village 20 mins from the coast in southern Spain, she asked me to have a look at it for her and advise as to what she can do,,she has recently divorced as well and has the final and nothing else,,bit like me and helga!, so I said I would have a look in a couple of days and I will maybe do a bit of volunteering for her,,gives me something to do for a couple of days and she has 6 acres there so no drama about parking helga! I met some nice people on the ferry,it was weird though ,,I left the UK on a French boat,spoke my best French to the crew and have landed in spain, ,tata UK. .aurevoir france,OLA ESPANIOLA..lol I have been in spain about 5 hours and haven't been robbed yet,always a good sign !, and for those who are wondering what I look like for I believe it was said a sprightly old boy!, I will get pamelaaaaaa to take a pic and then I will post,,,,,,,chat soon,,Ian ( the sprightly old BOY ) lol

now thats posh two of em which is the toad
:xlaugh::cheers::clap2::notworthy2::rofl:
forgot to put me goggles on

AND
BY
THE
WAY
THAT
MAN
ENJOY
YOUR
FREEDOM

mutley 150

Free Member
Dec 15, 2015
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
6 months
Right people,got off the ferry about 8am and it was like being in a David Attenborough documentary,,where the herd all tear away leaving the old boy at the back to get slaughtered! But I survived,,helga was great,,I'm an now parked on my very first aire in casalareinwaiting with coffee for nige
ano pamelaaaaaa to turn up later,,thanks to their excellent directions I found the place straight away,,again very cool people to sort me out and for that I will thank them ,, ANYWAY THERE IS A PIC OF HELGA AND I WILL DO ONE OF US TOGETHER SOON,, I know have a story to tell...on the ferry I met a woman who heard me talking to someone saying I was a builder,who has bought a finca in the hills and some village 20 mins from the coast in southern Spain, she asked me to have a look at it for her and advise as to what she can do,,she has recently divorced as well and has the final and nothing else,,bit like me and helga!, so I said I would have a look in a couple of days and I will maybe do a bit of volunteering for her,,gives me something to do for a couple of days and she has 6 acres there so no drama about parking helga! I met some nice people on the ferry,it was weird though ,,I left the UK on a French boat,spoke my best French to the crew and have landed in spain, ,tata UK. .aurevoir france,OLA ESPANIOLA..lol I have been in spain about 5 hours and haven't been robbed yet,always a good sign !, and for those who are wondering what I look like for I believe it was said a sprightly old boy!, I will get pamelaaaaaa to take a pic and then I will post,,,,,,,chat soon,,Ian ( the sprightly old BOY ) lol
I can so relate to your exiting the ferry comment! Lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Just to let you know we have made our rendezvous with Ian. We think he is up for it. Make take a while but he will get there, very eager to learn.

He seems to be doing everything rather quickly!! Like a whirling dervish
images

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
OLA amigos !! Hello from sunny spain,,well what a day only just filled my tiny brain with info from the happiest pair of people I could ever meet! Stepping into there world was like being at Glastonbury! Lol once again best people in the world I have met already, this morning managed to convince a Spaniards into chauffeuring me round in his new Mercedes mpv to a selection of shops to try and get gas connection,,no good,, it took nigel and pamelaaaaaa twenty secs and nigel a couple of hours with me driving round to get sorted,,finally can relax about gas! Just chilling on the same aire again reading the all the airs book and map that has been gratefully received from these two stars ( not really i stole it when they were asleep) ........ anyway I'm off tomorrow to help jobs set up home bless her , she said she froze last night,couldn't start the fire bless her so a couple of days their I think and then further south for some sun! Much needed! Amazing how relaxed I feel only after 2 days of being an honorary Spaniard ! Also met Jim and Carol who go by the names of rosie and Jim on here,,lovely couple also heading to Portugal, ,I think I may have to investigate Portugal because everybody is telling me how nice it is ,,,,,, sor a few voluntary days of work with will be nice and then the sunny coast...... if anybody could recommend a couple of campsites back from the benidorm coast a bit (not on the front) I would be grateful... oh and for the curious ones on here ( notice I didn't say nosey) a picture of me and helga will be posted ,,,,, HAVE A GOOD DAY ALL CHAT SOON...

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
OLA amigos !! Hello from sunny spain,,well what a day only just filled my tiny brain with info from the happiest pair of people I could ever meet! Stepping into there world was like being at Glastonbury! Lol once again best people in the world I have met already, this morning managed to convince a Spaniards into chauffeuring me round in his new Mercedes mpv to a selection of shops to try and get gas connection,,no good,, it took nigel and pamelaaaaaa twenty secs and nigel a couple of hours with me driving round to get sorted,,finally can relax about gas! Just chilling on the same aire again reading the all the airs book and map that has been gratefully received from these two stars ( not really i stole it when they were asleep) ........ anyway I'm off tomorrow to help jobs set up home bless her , she said she froze last night,couldn't start the fire bless her so a couple of days their I think and then further south for some sun! Much needed! Amazing how relaxed I feel only after 2 days of being an honorary Spaniard ! Also met Jim and Carol who go by the names of rosie and Jim on here,,lovely couple also heading to Portugal, ,I think I may have to investigate Portugal because everybody is telling me how nice it is ,,,,,, sor a few voluntary days of work with will be nice and then the sunny coast...... if anybody could recommend a couple of campsites back from the benidorm coast a bit (not on the front) I would be grateful... oh and for the curious ones on here ( notice I didn't say nosey) a picture of me and helga will be posted ,,,,, HAVE A GOOD DAY ALL CHAT SOON...
Now don't get working to hard,keep all that strengh for ya travels,Enjoy your time what ever you Do:xcool::xThumb:

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Hello matey. Soon you "pulled" on the ferry then !! Well done ;)..
And all you have to do is light her fire !!! Oh yeah.. I've heard it called some things mate.. Well I hope it goes well for you Ian and you enjoy your stay (y)(y)(y).
Spain looks like it suits you..
YeeeeeHa..
Mitch.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We parted ways this morning with Ian and Helga, he turned left and we turned right. We scrambled his head with lot's of information, but he is a quick learner. He's off to help a damsel in distress for a couple of days, will test the water and who knows where the road will take him.

He's like a kid in a sweet shop, and enjoying every minute. But it's time for him to take a breather and slow down a bit, it will take time as he seems to still be in the working mode.

He has been using our wifi, as soon as he has sorted something out he will be back on-line to fill you in.

He wants to thank one and all for their encouragement and support in getting him on the road to his new life.

He has done well in getting Helga, we can't fault it. We are sure they will spend many happy hours together.

We are on our way to our beloved Portugal, looking forward to getting there in the next couple of days. The sun is shining and we have pulled in early to a lovely aire just outside Palencia next to a cemetery, so a quiet night for us.

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
He's off to help a damsel in distress for a couple of days, will test the water and who knows where the road will take him..

Didn't anyone tell him not to fall for the damsel in distress scam????

So glad Helga passed your inspection, he certainly does seem to have picked a good 'un.

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
been following ian the builder's threads form start to date. brave man, wish i was as brave and could run off to the sun. see what next year brings.
all the best in the world ian and enjoy your travels

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
Hi Eve - the damsel in distress being referred to is not Bridget but a lady he met on the ferry who wanted a builder to look at her finca in S Spain, I'm sure we will hear more when he gets there.

Apr 7, 2008
Garstang, Lancashire, UK.
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RB
Exp
Since 1968.
Right we are at the ferry port and there's loads of people! Anyone on here from fun I wonder? Hit lots of traffick on m25 accident! But helga kept a cool head while those around her were loosing theirs,,, she never missed a beat . Stopped for a bit of diesel and got robbed for 9 quid for a coffe cup, coffee and sausage roll!! BUT NO MORE Next stop onto the ferry and then espaniola ! Some people in caravans tried to talk to me but I ain't having none of it!! Lolol. Will someone tell me how to put pictures on this thread please? Chat soon. Ian and h. X
Hey up sithee.
I was on the ferry last Sunday. We left the M/H in Spain when we returned to the UK so we were in the car. You might have seen us in our little 'porker' but then again it's so bloody small.
We're over here now until the end of May. When we arrived on Tuesday first thing we did was to check out the M/H and it's just fine. Just wandering where to go for Christmas or the New Year. As we live near to Vinaros, Benicarlo or Peniscola we give them a miss but sometimes go down to Rio Mar near Denia.

Attachments

• IMG_3406.JPG
    IMG_3406.JPG
    199.2 KB · Views: 77
OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Hello all. I'm still alive!!! Came to see Jo at the finca ( shack) and it's a mess. Dry luckily but a mess so I had a good chat with her and I am working to get it livable. No water no electric but she's as mad as me so she will be fine. What I am doing is building a house inside it for her, and all is well so far! First job I did was build her a bed!! She was on a mattress on the stone floor bloody freezing, got fireplace sorted and alls good she cooked me a vegetarian stew over the real fire last night. It was hot but bloody horrible. I NEED MEAT !! Of course I didn't tell her cause she is a very brave lovely woman who like me wants to put some time behind her' Mind you when I got here I could have throttled her. It's in the mountains and poor old helga got molested by a load of olive trees she now looks like she's been dropped into a war zone by a helicopter !! I will make it up to her but. She ain't happy! On the ferry I had a milk bottle split( plastic) and I lost a pint from it. Now I think it went under the fridge cause it wasn't on the carpet now the fridge won't ignite on gas so I think the milk has drowned the gas somehow??? Anyway I bought a lovely generator at a ferraterua for a cracking price so to help solar I'm running that as well, and I'm busy eating my way through the contents of fridge as I hate waste ! And now the gory bit Have to empty cassette tomorrow into a hole I have to dig on here somewhere! At least on an site I don't get to look at it when it goes!! Lol. So Sunday tomorrow and I will post again cause I have bitten the bullet and spent £3.00 on Internet but has to be used in 24 hrs! I hope all you lot are having as much fun as me! Oh by the way I had my first load of tapas today and managed to throw a bit of fish over a lovely man in an expensive suit! Lol. He took it well though and only blacked one eye!! Night all. See you tomorrow. Ian and (a very sad) helga!! Xxxx.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back