I can't Find any LPG (2 Viewers)

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I remember popping into The Texaco Garage on The A303 at Sparkford to top up The LPG tanks,en-route to The West country, it had been a while since the van had been used on a fun meet for 4 days. I had the hot water on for showers & washing up, used the hob and the outside BBQ point so I guessed it needed topping up a bit.
Well the LPG pump sprang into action, then almost immediately slowed down and stopped, it had cost me a painful £3.75 to fill up. the guy in the checkout laughed, I was too embarrassed at the time, but I did buy some diesel so could have been worse.
LES
That one’s gone completely now as of last year. It was my go to fill up rather than Podimore as the one at Podimore was always a fiddle. Mind you Podimore is out of action still, I’m checking daily.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
81870665-A9C5-482D-9A30-9FE43807705F.png

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
That one’s gone completely now as of last year. It was my go to fill up rather than Podimore as the one at Podimore was always a fiddle. Mind you Podimore is out of action still, I’m checking daily.
Since the closure of Flogas at Glastonbury and Salisbury, that was my nearest. I've never needed to use it, I've got a secret supplier. Never used that, either!! Well, just the once.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Griff097

LIFE MEMBER
May 19, 2021
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Another Cardiff member here. Just fitted a refillable in my van, where did you eventually find some please?
Morrisons in Barry, that was after trying Morrisons, in Cardiff, Risca, Bargoed and Cardiff Gas, also another Cardiff LPG supplier for taxis in Riverside, but that was too narrow to get the camper down the lane with parked vehicles, nothing bigger than a car down there.
This was at a time of shortages and things seem much better now though.

Jun 7, 2014
Cleethorpes
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Just yesterday I filled my new 11kg gaslow bottle at the Morrison store at Anlaby on the outskirts of Hull.
Got 21 lts for the princely sum of £16.77.
Granted, I had to cross the Humber bridge but I was heading in that direction anyway.
Probably should of got refillable years ago.
Mike

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Morrisons in Barry, that was after trying Morrisons, in Cardiff, Risca, Bargoed and Cardiff Gas, also another Cardiff LPG supplier for taxis in Riverside, but that was too narrow to get the camper down the lane with parked vehicles, nothing bigger than a car down there.
This was at a time of shortages and things seem much better now though.
They deliver the gas in 18t tankers so surprised you can only get a car in

Apr 13, 2023
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
ADRIA MATRIX 600SL
Exp
1st timer since Jan 2023
Cheap - Cheap - Cheap 👉Only 73p last top up for cash, let me have 16 litres for £12 so not complaining there . . . Main A5 near Wheatsheaf Gailey island, it's a little tight around lane but doable, just go steady as not far. They also diagnose and offer repairs, so worth bearing in mind if you travelling up or down M6
MMS Gas Croft lane ST19 5PY . . .

Screenshot_20230531-083014_Chrome.jpg

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Podimore on the A303 has been repaired by the way but had run out yesterday, damn. At least it looks like they’re carrying on selling it which is a relief. Thornfalcon garage which also sells motorhomes and is only about 2- 3 miles off the Taunton junction of M5 has just installed a new LPG tank and according to the app it’s up and running. I don’t go that way usually to M5 but worth knowing especially if you’re visiting eddievanbitz .

Jun 25, 2021
Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Reverting back to bottles is easy, if you can find any. I cant see why anyone would want to though. More expensive, heavy, Calor unobtainable outside UK, and currently difficult to find even here.
Very true about finding any,I live in Nottingham, I went to my local Morrisons to exchange one of my 6kg bottle ,fellah in the kiosk said they haven't had a delivery this year.I managed to get one from my local hardware store.Thinking about a safefill bottle.

Apr 7, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLI 580
Exp
Since 2002
Last Sunday we “filled” up at Morrisons at Sittingbourne on our way down from Lancashire to Canterbury to Dover for a ferry. 79p a litre and the princely sum of £3.76 for the “fill”. Mind you, we did spend another £60 on diesel.

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
What a load of bull****
Just motorhome clickbate.
Unbelievable lack of technical knowledge but yet another example of the so called bloggers / influencers that have no regard for accurate technical information and don’t do any proper research before releasing these articles.
It beggars belief what we see in the workshop now and many of them state that they watched the great YouTube video on gas installation ⚠️

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Unbelievable lack of technical knowledge but yet another example of the so called bloggers / influencers that have no regard for accurate technical information and don’t do any proper research before releasing these articles.
It beggars belief what we see in the workshop now and many of them state that they watched the great YouTube video on gas installation ⚠️
Don't worry I don't do utube, so everyone is safe

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Then they have the nerve to tell you that you don’t know what you’re talking about because it’s been like that for years 🫣
Just amazing how much they get away with.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back