I’m told I can’t convert my van on my driveway? (1 Viewer)

Donut

Free Member
Jun 11, 2018
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Van conversion (? Class)
Exp
Hi all, I’m Nigel, I helped a friend convert a T4 caravet in to a camper last year and I got the bug, now I’ve just stared on a Citroen Relay for myself.
So my problem.
A neighbour 2 doors down has given me so much grief about everything (I think I’m to blame for bad wether too), he’s told me I am not allowed to convert my van in to a Motorhome on my drive way, is this true?
I don’t do anything in unsociable hours and don’t make a mess or take up any area on the road in front of my property or on any pavement or other persons property. So am I allowed?
I’d appreciate some knowledge on this matter.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
I once went to Herts....but it was shut:ROFLMAO:

Can you please tell me how you managed to cross the border ? We have standards and clearly, there is a break in the barbed wire and machine gun nests that requires fixing. :gum:

Upvote 0

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Further,I need this information urgently please. The Very @old-mo TypeFellow sets off today and knowing a way in, he might head south, and we certainly can’t have that. :sneaky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Give us his address and maybe we could all pop around and help you out for the day?.

I have a neighbour who had motorhomes and caravans. Then his wife made him sell the last caravan.

Then we got our first motorhome and the green eyed monster came out.

I have a special name for him "TWUNTY" and they are both known as "THE TWUNTS"

They are the old age thugs from hell, real thug family. They are both in their 80's and there is a least an F, C, T or W in every sentence.

Picked on the wrong family they have.

Upvote 0

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Hi all, I’m Nigel, I helped a friend convert a T4 caravet in to a camper last year and I got the bug, now I’ve just stared on a Citroen Relay for myself.
So my problem.
A neighbour 2 doors down has given me so much grief about everything (I think I’m to blame for bad wether too), he’s told me I am not allowed to convert my van in to a Motorhome on my drive way, is this true?
I don’t do anything in unsociable hours and don’t make a mess or take up any area on the road in front of my property or on any pavement or other persons property. So am I allowed?
I’d appreciate some knowledge on this matter.
For ever the diplomat me.. I would start with rotten eggs if he bitches, and if that not not a preemptive strike with fire bombs spread liberally in their garden

Upvote 0
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Ralph converted Pug on ours . He spent many an hour out there doing it . Though he left the noisiest bits to mid day . Never started too early and although he worked late into the night sometimes it wasn’t doing anything that would upset the neighbors.
Good luck with your project.

Upvote 0
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
You could of course stick it outside his house as long as it’s taxed and insured and there would be absolutely nothing he could do about it providing you were not blocking his driveway. :whistle:
Nope.... you can park it on his driveway, the police won't get involved, he will have to get a court order to get you to remove it. If he damages it that's criminal damage :)

Upvote 0
D

DL42846

Deleted User
I personally would just ignore him as if he wasn't there. Don't acknowledge him or speak to him or even listen to what he has to say. He sounds as if he has a screw loose somewhere himself. I wouldn't play into his hands. Doesn't sound like the sort of person you would want to know anyway.

Upvote 0

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
For ever the diplomat me.. I would start with rotten eggs if he bitches, and if that not not a preemptive strike with fire bombs spread liberally in their garden

You’ve certainly mellowed as you got older:)

Upvote 0

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
I don’t have much advice but just want to say how hellish it must be having neighbours like that and that I really feel sorry for your situation. I hope it sorts itself out soon.

I too have been a fan of the knocking on the door for a brew and a chat but in your case it does sound as through there is no reasoning with them. For this reason you do right to check your legal position as much as you can. If you’re certain you’re in the right then crack on and then it’s up to them to prove otherwise.

I only had bad neighbours once in my life and for those two years it dominated my life and I still feel the horror of it. Thoughts are with you.

Upvote 0
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Both our neighbours on both sides are hell :( Every time I pop round for a chat or whatever, they kidnap us and make us drunk :(

And when they come here they nick all our booze and make us feell poorly in the morning :(

Upvote 0

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Both our neighbours on both sides are hell :( Every time I pop round for a chat or whatever, they kidnap us and make us drunk :(

And when they come here they nick all our booze and make us feell poorly in the morning :(

Anyone would think that you've been gassed - nicking stuff and you waking up groggy in the morning. Do you have a DM pose to share?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Donut

Donut

Free Member
Jun 11, 2018
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Van conversion (? Class)
Exp
So really, reading between the lines, your basically saying, play it nice and politely

Upvote 0

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
I am sure there will be a Motorhome Upgrade Department at your local council who would issue you with the required permit :)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back