How's the search going @duffs (1 Viewer)

Sep 14, 2017
The Fens
Funster No
MH
Ford Duetto, 1995
Exp
Hello you two, well I'm trying to keep myself motivated but another person down the pub has declared that he has sold his MH and bought a caravan as it was too costly to keep it on the road, tax ins maintenance etc. so I've been silent on the Hymer front and only occasionally showing him posts on the Classic Hymer pages.

It's been awful I can see my dream slipping away, he is really keen on getting a twin cab pick up with an enclosed back, that way I can just load everything in and we won't need a roofbox.

Which is brilliant, apart from the fact, the whole point of a MH was so that it was easier for me as I do all the pitching etc. grrrrr.

So I've been very compliant and been to look at Nissan Navaras :D:D:D.

He's not the easiest person to talk to sometimes, he gets very aireated (can't spell it) if I suggest something and I get shouted down, after his stroke he seems to have lost his listening and compromising side of him, he didn't used to be so bad.

He did say that maybe two more camps, a few months ago it was one more camp lol, then I can do what I like and get a Hymer if I must, by then our inheritance will be spent.

I need counselling I think as everyday I see lovely vans come up for sale, lots of people going to view them and buy them and I get to have a twin cab pick up.:heartbreak::heartbreak:

So that's where I am at the moment, Aunties house has fallen through the lady buying it changed her mind, so it is back on the market again, so until it's sold nothing is going to happen :rollingeyes::rollingeyes::rollingeyes:

Thank you for asking and I hope your still enjoying yours xxx:h::h::h:

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
IMG_1772.JPG

Chin up, keep the faith

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Paul and Kate

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Have you thought of hiring one for a weekend
It amazed us how quick and easy it was to get pitched and to pack up

Sep 14, 2017
The Fens
Funster No
MH
Ford Duetto, 1995
Exp
Have you thought of hiring one for a weekend
It amazed us how quick and easy it was to get pitched and to pack up
Hmm I've a few points on my license eek don't think they'd be too happy, I don't really want malc driving, when we've got the funds I will ring and find out.

That sounds awful doesn't it, local speed cameras and mobile ones only nothing horrendous, not near schools not that it makes it any better

He's not a confident driver any more so I do all the long distance and overseas driving now.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
But it's not all about him, is it? Think you should 'develop' a bad back, or really sore wrist or something just to make him ,'think' about you a little. We really had the same dilemma re MH or Caravan, MH won over because of hitching and pushing and pulling with a caravan, and the lugging of the water etc. As I do it all it had to be as easy as possible!

Sep 14, 2017
The Fens
Funster No
MH
Ford Duetto, 1995
Exp
But it's not all about him, is it? Think you should 'develop' a bad back, or really sore wrist or something just to make him ,'think' about you a little. We really had the same dilemma re MH or Caravan, MH won over because of hitching and pushing and pulling with a caravan, and the lugging of the water etc. As I do it all it had to be as easy as possible!
Thank you

:D I do have a bad back sadly, he's become very selfish as he ages and any compromise is now me having to.

I will keep talking about pick ups keeps him sweet, but introduce my aches and pains more, he really has become narrow minded the older he gets. A MH would be ideal, every other week I get a 3day weekend off so we can go away more. Our tents so big it's too much for anything less than we week pitching etc.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Sounds like you need a marriage counsellor or divorce lawyer more then a Motorhome.....:whistle:

:):D2

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Thank you

:D I do have a bad back sadly, he's become very selfish as he ages and any compromise is now me having to.

I will keep talking about pick ups keeps him sweet, but introduce my aches and pains more, he really has become narrow minded the older he gets. A MH would be ideal, every other week I get a 3day weekend off so we can go away more. Our tents so big it's too much for anything less than we week pitching etc.

Who's inheriting? You or him. If it's you.....then just go and buy a Motorhome, because he will come round and IF he doesn't, well you can get away on your own. Sometimes we girls have to be pro active and put our foot down...hard!

Sep 14, 2017
The Fens
Funster No
MH
Ford Duetto, 1995
Exp
Sounds like you need a marriage counsellor or divorce lawyer more then a Motorhome.....:whistle:

:):D2
I think you're right

I've just seen some newer Hymers on eBay under the 15k and a Burstner A class I will show him them, they look more modern inside, I'd prefer the older ones as they look like so fabby, maybe I'll change tack and look at later models to show him the difference, might help my cause x

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
You need to keep him out of that pub too !
He's mixing with the wrong crowd.
Isn't it strange how different we all are ?
I love my motorhome, wife barely tolerates it.
Next year will be a crunch time, I'll be 60 and want to fulfill a long held dream to tour Europe (3 months unpaid leave saved up for,)
I'm under pressure to call it off but that would leave me forever regretful.
To go and it might be the end ?
Seems everyone has dilemmas, just different ones.

Sep 14, 2017
The Fens
Funster No
MH
Ford Duetto, 1995
Exp
Who's inheriting? You or him. If it's you.....then just go and buy a Motorhome, because he will come round and IF he doesn't, well you can get away on your own. Sometimes we girls have to be pro active and put our foot down...hard!
Sadly him :swear2:

Years ago when we were looking to buy a house Berks too expensive, so he said find a house get a mortgage and he'll move to another area, so I did and he had to move to the Fens :roflmto: he was too old to be get a mortgage then, we would of had to get a 10yr mortgage. But now he's not so pliable :banghead:

OP
OP
Paul and Kate

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Duffs I know all about big inflatable polycotton tents :whistle:
I'd not like to lift your Croyde into the back of a pick
Our old Eden weighed 70 kilos and I could just lift that chin height and dump it into the octavia
Not sure what the hire company would say about points you can only ring and ask
Once you've done your first pitch in a motorhome you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner
Keep your chin up

Sep 14, 2017
The Fens
Funster No
MH
Ford Duetto, 1995
Exp
You need to keep him out of that pub too !
He's mixing with the wrong crowd.
Isn't it strange how different we all are ?
I love my motorhome, wife barely tolerates it.
Next year will be a crunch time, I'll be 60 and want to fulfill a long held dream to tour Europe (3 months unpaid leave saved up for,)
I'm under pressure to call it off but that would leave me forever regretful.
To go and it might be the end ?
Seems everyone has dilemmas, just different ones.
I agree, the route is to all evil.

A dilemma for you Figaro, hope you won't that one x

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Have you looked at demountable vans for your pickup, not cheap but would seem to fit in with both your plans.

Sep 14, 2017
The Fens
Funster No
MH
Ford Duetto, 1995
Exp
Yes I've seen a couple advertised, not shown them to him, I might just do that and see what the response is
A bit too expensive, just looked :cry:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the tub covers or hard tops for pickup trucks are notorious for leaking like a sieve. I know because I have owned several and currently a navara and all leaked. taking the hard top off and back on takes 4 reasonably strong men if you wanted to use a demountable

Sep 14, 2017
The Fens
Funster No
MH
Ford Duetto, 1995
Exp
the tub covers or hard tops for pickup trucks are notorious for leaking like a sieve. I know because I have owned several and currently a navara and all leaked. taking the hard top off and back on takes 4 reasonably strong men if you wanted to use a demountable

That's what we have been looking at, that's a bit of ammunition, thank you

I just need someone down the pub to tell him that :sneaky::sneaky: now.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I hadn't seen your previous posts @duffs .

Just wanted to say all the best really & hope your man sees sense.

Pity it's this time of year otherwise I'd suggest having a wander to one of the shows when there's a fun rally & get talking to a few Funsters.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
That's what we have been looking at, that's a bit of ammunition, thank you

I just need someone down the pub to tell him that :sneaky::sneaky: now.
also tell him that there is a known problem with the chassis that they can snap if towing a lot or if you overload the tub

Sep 14, 2017
The Fens
Funster No
MH
Ford Duetto, 1995
Exp
also tell him that there is a known problem with the chassis that they can snap if towing a lot or if you overload the tub

Well it was between the L200 Mitsubishi, the Hi lux and Isuzu and although reviews give the L200 a better write up, because it will become our main car, the Navara had the better review for comfort.

But I really want a Classic Hymer :pray:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
oh the navara is by far the most comfortable to drive and superior road handling and load capacity, just wanted to offer a negative, like the electric issues on the l200

Sep 14, 2017
The Fens
Funster No
MH
Ford Duetto, 1995
Exp
oh the navara is by far the most comfortable to drive and superior road handling and load capacity, just wanted to offer a negative, like the electric issues on the l200

now I've looked online and the amount of complaints about leaking, there's loads.

Oh well still months to turn it around I hope x

Sep 14, 2017
The Fens
Funster No
MH
Ford Duetto, 1995
Exp
So now I have told him about the possible leaks in the back of them, and he has now said, I was only thinking of making it easier for you, loading camping stuff in, apparently he wants to leave our tent permanently in the back of the pick up @Paul and Kate , not happy if it's leaky.

I'm just confused.com now.:(:(

He then added, we can just use the money to go away to cottages, grrrr that's not the same, no community spirit, no sitting outside saying hello to peops as they pass etc etc:cry::cry::cry:

I think we need to do a pro's and con's on each scenario, it was his idea about getting a MH to start with.

Thanks guys for listening xxx

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
There are loads of cheap motorhomes about, no need to have a new one, why not have both , we have , ours are a compass avantguard about £15,000 and a ford ranger about a grand.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
So now I have told him about the possible leaks in the back of them, and he has now said, I was only thinking of making it easier for you, loading camping stuff in, apparently he wants to leave our tent permanently in the back of the pick up @Paul and Kate , not happy if it's leaky.

Thanks guys for listening xxx
I'm speechless!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back