Rally Chat How much do rally's cost? (1 Viewer)

elfish

Free Member
Dec 16, 2014
london
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
I'm new to the site and am picking up my first motor home on Wednesday.

Can anyone give me a ballpark figure on how much rally's on here cost? With the exception of the infracombe one, I see no real way of finding out - except to ask here - or to run in blind.

Thanks in advance.

X

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Difficult question to answer...

They all vary, but a ball park figure I would guess, from £5 up to approx £15 - 16 a night..

Depends if it is a basic field or a full blown site.. :xThumb:

Most organised Rally`s/Meet`s are sorted months in advance and usually give the price in the itinary..

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
First, :welc:

It all depends on what is available on the site and if there's an outlay for say professional entertainment.
I'm the Marshal for Ilfracombe ( volunteered in a moment of madness and just hope everyone's very patient with me!)
You can look at Roger's (Wildman's) site here: http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=13818#maphere

Plans so far are welcome drinks and cakes.
Dog agility contest.
Fun dog show.
Fishing trip ( which you pay for)
Clay Pigeon shooting ( ditto)
Musical entertainment if I get any volunteers!

If you want any more info on the rally in August just ask.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
some rallies are on private sites and cost usually given, other rallies are part of a larger motorhomeshow and the organisers display the rates on their web site. If you book then remember to say you are with fun or select it from the drop down list to get the club discount.

OP
OP
elfish

elfish

Free Member
Dec 16, 2014
london
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
First, :welc:

It all depends on what is available on the site and if there's an outlay for say professional entertainment.
I'm the Marshal for Ilfracombe ( volunteered in a moment of madness and just hope everyone's very patient with me!)
You can look at Roger's (Wildman's) site here: http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=13818#maphere

Plans so far are welcome drinks and cakes.
Dog agility contest.
Fun dog show.
Fishing trip ( which you pay for)
Clay Pigeon shooting ( ditto)
Musical entertainment if I get any volunteers!

If you want any more info on the rally in August just ask.

Thanks holly,

I had no problem finding out the facilities of the campsite & you had the cost on your rally sign-up page so no financial surprises.

See u in August.

x

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Elfish, there are so many offering different things a quick approx idea.

The Fun rally's on the Warnes (the big show rally's) are approx £56 Thursday to Monday and will include some entertainment and all the usual stalls.

Rally's run by different funsters will depend if it's just a field or if a hall/ and or entertainment is in with it these vary between £7 and £15 a night usually.

The one I am Marshalling at Chester includes unlimited access into the Food fair is over the Easter period always a bit more expensive and the price is set by the people running the Festival not Fun.

Before any rally's as things are firmed up everyone is given the price of the rally so you are not just turning up without knowing the cost.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
You could look at local campsites to learn your van, then a bit further afield. If you join camping and caravan club, they have lots of small sites, some with electric. It can be as cheap or expensive as you want it to be. If you can get used to camping without electric, the possibilities are huge.
just try and use the van as much as possible. Also, leave stuff in the van, so you're not moving bits back to your home, like kitchen stuff, bedding, even some clothes. It will make things easier when you do use it.
Enjoy and good luck (y)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
the cost should be explained in the initial rally post.

OP
OP
elfish

elfish

Free Member
Dec 16, 2014
london
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
You could look at local campsites to learn your van, then a bit further afield. If you join camping and caravan club, they have lots of small sites, some with electric. It can be as cheap or expensive as you want it to be. If you can get used to camping without electric, the possibilities are huge.
just try and use the van as much as possible. Also, leave stuff in the van, so you're not moving bits back to your home, like kitchen stuff, bedding, even some clothes. It will make things easier when you do use it.
Enjoy and good luck (y)

The question was specifically about rally's.

OP
OP
elfish

elfish

Free Member
Dec 16, 2014
london
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
the cost should be explained in the initial rally post.

I think i was just unlucky with the few rally's i was interested in - they didn't show a price in the initial post.

I've signed up for a few now... so i'm ok now.

x

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Our goth Whitby meet was £10 pn for the last few years, but will be increasing this year as college are increasing the charges, have still got to inform us yet

OP
OP
elfish

elfish

Free Member
Dec 16, 2014
london
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
Our goth Whitby meet was £10 pn for the last few years, but will be increasing this year as college are increasing the charges, have still got to inform us yet

Thanks for the info 'weekenders'. Now i don't feel i've added my name blindly.

Crossing my fingers that i make it from the reserved to the main list.... ;-)

x

OP
OP
elfish

elfish

Free Member
Dec 16, 2014
london
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
As you said you were picking up your first mh, just trying to be helpful ::bigsmile:

Sorry with the way i may have come across in my post.

I owned a 6.6m converted sprinter (9 seats/table/dvd etc) for 7 years as driver/sound engineer. Spent many a night on the road either in a hotel or in the back sleeping on a mattress at festivals.

This will be the first time sleeping in a van with a loo, shower & cooker though - and deciding the destination and duration.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs

Join us or log in to post a reply.