Rally Dorset Fun Rally 2015 (1 Viewer)

D

DM14742

Deleted User
D:cooler:RSET 22nd to 29th June.
Well it’s time to start looking forward to the long balmy days of next year’s Summer & therefore time to post details of the Dorset Fun Rally from Monday 22nd to Monday 29th June (Sunday 28th being the last night)

So it starts the day after Stratford and unfortunately overlaps at the Weekend with Misterton but I’ve put this by Runrig & we think that as they are well separated in terms of distance it shouldn’t affect either one.

The limit is 40 Vans plus 3 who are organising, stewarding or managing catering. If need be I’ll post a reserve list.

Ourselves and Pat & Trish (Pat1951) will be stewarding, Keith & Sue (Pikeman) are kindly overseeing the catering, and I can guarantee that it will be a vast improvement on the Restaurants effort this year.

The Rally will run a similar course to this year’s however we intend to do our own catering and provide a Marquee. I have arranged for Matt Black a local Comedian / Pianist as entertainment on the Saturday Night, I am confident he’ll have your sides splitting. We will be arranging something for Friday as well plus all the informal gatherings, food, quizzes and silly games as per this year.

I will be asking for a £10 deposit per head to cover Saturday Night’s food and entertainment, this will need to be paid by March 31st 2015. I will set up a paypal account for this in the coming weeks. If you can no longer come to the Rally having put your name down please let me know then I can offer your place to someone else, I will contact anyone who hasn’t paid the deposit by the end of March to see if they are still coming.

The prices are £14 per night inc. EHU, £11 per night on the top field and concessions for Solo’s. As per this year.There are 16 EHU’s but I need to hold 2 back for essential users. Sorry but initially I can only accept bookings for a minimum of 5 nights so please take this into account before booking as you can see its a week long Rally & therefore having a large number just coming for the weekend would result in a lot of empty spaces for the rest of the time.

For those who are unfamiliar with the area the site is centered in the beautiful Purbeck countryside with fantastic walks and cycling direct from the site, it’s a 20 minute walk to Corfe with all its quaint Pubs and lovely beer gardens. The seaside resorts of Studland and Swanage are close by as is the Market town of Wareham.

Buses are directly outside the site entrance and there is the Swanage steam Railway only a couple of hundred yards away.

Here is the link to Norden Farm Campsite, it is dog friendly and very laid back & still a working Farm. Toilet & shower facilities (included in price) are very good and it has a well stocked reasonably priced shop with excellent BBQ food.

www.nordenfarm.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
SORRY JEZ,
COULD WE ALSO ASK FOR EHU ???

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Brilliant! 5 nights arriving Wednesday leaving on Monday with EHU please plus 3 for the Saturday night do:) Only change will be if our son has any AS Level exams then but hopefully should all be done. Looking forward to meeting up with everyone again.

kaybee

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2012
Full week and EHu please. Will look forward to this one. Thanks Lynn and Jez
Kath

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Can't believe that this isn't fully booked by now - great site, lovely location & fab Funsters! Would especially encourage those Funsters thinking about their first rally as you would be assured of a warm welcome:)

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Can't believe that this isn't fully booked by now - great site, lovely location & fab Funsters! Would especially encourage those Funsters thinking about their first rally as you would be assured of a warm welcome:)

A few faces from this year havn't booked - (yet ?) Steve and Denise, are you out there ??

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Sorry we can't make this one, we'll be in France during the week of the rally.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Only just spotted this thread, I saw first hand what a fabulous time these reprobates funsters had last time, and wished I could have stayed longer so next year I'm going to be there just to keep Old Mo away from those Farm Animals.

I'll be there for the duration, with EHU if there is one free still.

Looking forward to it already...........Jacky and Griff

OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
Will post a list of those coming in the next few days, however there are only 2 EHU's left now.
There are another 2 hook up points on the top field but one will be in use for the Marquee mainly on an evening.
If you have no alternative other than EHU to recharge your leisure's these 2 can be used as a recharge facility but hey it will be the longest days of the year, your solars should manage and we can live with the odd quiet generator through the day. (y)

simply

Free Member
Apr 24, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Renault Trafic
Exp
Newcomer
I won't be needing EHU thanks, can manage with all that sunshine Jez is promising us again !!

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Steve is too busy slagging off Auto Trails on another thread :D

No PAT only the one we had I am sure you will not have any problems with your new van.
When the list for Corfe comes out can you make sure we are on it thanks.
S&D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back