Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
I have just emptied absolutely everything out of the camper and the living room is full to bursting. I am sorting stuff out ready for the reload and Judy is cleaning all the insides.

95% of the time there is just the two of us. So, my question. How many do you cater for? During the emptying process I notices 9 knives and forks, 8 plates, 8 bowls, 5 beer glasses, 2 frying pans... the list goes on and on.

I think it should be 2 of all the pottery/cutlery stuff for me and Judy and 2 more for potential visitors. I need help on this coz there is an opinion in the household that we should take 8 of everything.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
8????????
There are either 2 or 3 of us depending on if the brat is gracing us with his presence. We have 4 of everything, pretty much only because things seem to come in sets of 4.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We originally packed for 4 people but now have reduced this to two...
We also removed the mattress from the over cab area and use this extra space for storage
It's easy to fill you can with 'stuff' but we're learning that 'less is more'

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
There is two of us but we carry 4 of everything + 2 extra mugs, we do have 2 frying pans 2 Skillets and good griddle but we don't have a oven. Though it's amazing what a good sort out can do.

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
2 of us, 4 plates 4 sets cutlery 4 wine glasses, 2 shampoo glasses 1 beer glass. 2 mugs, 2 smaller coffe mugs. 2 saucepans, 1 frying pan, 1 small wok, 1 George foreman hotplate, brilliant for outdoor grilling. 2 chairs. Extras only to save washing up too often. There are shops and visitors can bring their own tackle.

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
I have just emptied absolutely everything out of the camper and the living room is full to bursting. I am sorting stuff out ready for the reload and Judy is cleaning all the insides.

95% of the time there is just the two of us. So, my question. How many do you cater for? During the emptying process I notices 9 knives and forks, 8 plates, 8 bowls, 5 beer glasses, 2 frying pans... the list goes on and on.

I think it should be 2 of all the pottery/cutlery stuff for me and Judy and 2 more for potential visitors. I need help on this coz there is an opinion in the household that we should take 8 of everything.
I reckon you are a bit short of beer and wine glasses only 5
Need many more than that for a good shindig
:cheers::drink::wine:

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
We carry too much decluttered when we changed van then another this year then I saw some nice stuff it looks really nice in the van always afraid will need something
thats at home

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 of pretty much everything, only 2 of us, but we break things and like spares etc...

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Basically 4 of everything although theres only 2 of us. Only two champagne glasses, 2 beer glasses, 2 brandy glasses and just one port glass.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Basically 4 of everything although theres only 2 of us. Only two champagne glasses, 2 beer glasses, 2 brandy glasses and just one port glass.
Snap but minus the brandy glass, and add a whisky !

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

Just 2. It is all weight. Or use paper.
I asked the wife one day why we had 17 mugs in the house ?:D

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
There are 2 of us and we carry 4 of everything crockery and glasses wise but 6 cutlery wise. I must admit I feel a tad guilty at not having 2 spare chairs for when guests call in but as most visitors are based on the same site it's not often a problem. Our folding step makes a great stool so I have decided to get a second one as they fold flat and weigh next to nothing, that way we'll always have seating outside for 4 (y) and then when we don't have guests I can get Glynn to stand on them and wash the Motorhome :rofl:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We have 4 of each cutlery and crockery plus a bunch of paper plates and plastic cutlery which I use for when mums not around to do the dishes :D

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
3 or 4 of everything crockery and cutlery plus a couple of spare cups with lids. Also a part pack of paper plates left over from Christmas and some serviettes.

Works for us.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
When we cleared out when changing the van, had 17 Tea towels 7 sets if specs (mine) can see out most of them. we carry 4 wine glasses 4 tumblers and 4 dumpy glasses for spirits, all polycarbonate, i am ms clumsy and getting shards of glass out upholstery is not easy. We filled the spare room and part of the garage, have much less inside storage in this van and have to be careful what goes in the garage in case it touches his bike !

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
We have four of everything but 10 tea spoons as SWMBO likes to use a new one every time she makes a cup of tea. Have just reduce our chairs from four to two, which gives us more room. (y)

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Thank god.
Not guilty anymore as we have 4 of all and only 2 of us.... well 3 when you count the pooch !
Seems the "standard" setup for most of us is 4.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
We probably have 6 dinner plates but only 3 dishes I think, definitely 4 tea plates. I dread to think how much cutlery - but if I move it out of the van what will I do with it? - the house is already equally over-supplied, with 2 cutlery drawers, plus we have a canteen that I don't believe I have ever used. Cutlery wise I could probably run to about 30 place settings at home plus another 10 or 12 in the van ! Ridiculous.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Where do I start! Er ... here goes:

6 x '1970s' glass mugs with removable plastic bases which double up as tumblers
2 x thermal lidded mugs
1 x large beer glass
2 x plastic tumblers (for use outside)
2 x jugs (1 large, 1 small)
4 x large melamine plates
4 x small melamine plates
2 x large oval raised side plates
2 x small oval raised side plates
2 x metal bowls (for hot stuff like Shepherd pies which go under the grill!)
2 x plastic bowls (for cold stuff like cereal, ice-cream etc)
lots of paper plates (small and large)
2 x small plastic chopping boards
1 x large plastic chopping board
1 x pressure cooker
1 x old fashioned milk pan/jug with removable handle
2 x non-stick saucepans* (small & medium)
3 x frying pans* (1 small, 1 medium, 1 large with high sides)
1 x aluminium saucepan (small - for boiling eggs/use as a mixing bowl)
pan lids of various sizes
1 x Oxo Good Grips small salad spinner
6 x knives & forks
4 x desert & soup spoons
2 x butter knives
quite a few teaspoons!
various sharp knives, other utensils etc including a boiled egg top lopper-off thing!

(* Tefal Ingenio with clip on handles)

As its all been emptied out along with everything else due to us changing van next week it will all be sorted to ensure that nothing goes in that isn't needed, likely to be used ... if it hasn't been used in the last year it won't go back!!! .... That's the plan anyway! :D

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We have four of everything but 10 tea spoons as SWMBO likes to use a new one every time she makes a cup of tea. Have just reduce our chairs from four to two, which gives us more room. (y)
We re-use ours several times along with the mugs ... saves washing up! :rolleyes:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
We probably have 6 dinner plates but only 3 dishes I think, definitely 4 tea plates. I dread to think how much cutlery - but if I move it out of the van what will I do with it? - the house is already equally over-supplied, with 2 cutlery drawers, plus we have a canteen that I don't believe I have ever used. Cutlery wise I could probably run to about 30 place settings at home plus another 10 or 12 in the van ! Ridiculous.
... same here ... except we bought a static caravan and the 'extras' came in handy for kitting it out ...

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Oh and I forgot to add that I might only have 4 plates but I have a giant paella pan that feeds 12!! Unless of course Munchie (@Munchie) is on your guest list :rofl:

Oi! It was Soggie who kept going back for more @coolbeaz!!!!!

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
4 plates, side plates & bowls, 4 cutlery & 2 butter knives, 8 teaspoons, 3 wine glasses & 3 tumblers (for when daughter comes with us), 3 pans, 1 frying pan, 4 mugs, bread board, chopping board, measuring jug, 2 egg cups, 4 poach pods. 2 chairs, 1 table for outside (cos MH table can't be used outside) & 1 small table.

We have always travelled light and most of my cupboards are empty!

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
I'll bring a teaspoon and a chair next time then :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back