Hole In My Table Top (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
I opened one of my overhead type lockers over the weekend and a plastic folding travel mirror took a dive straight onto my table. :mad: It's put a half inch hole straight through the veneer. The blooming hinge part of the mirror punched its way through no problem.
Now, how the hell do I mend it? :(
I don't mind paying someone to do a professional job on it to get it back like new but can't seem to find anyone that does it.
Anyone got any ideas as to how to sort it? (n)

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Do you have a picture of the damage, it will help when it comes to advising the best way to repair it.
Dave

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I know that @Jac Sprat had her table repaired on her Hymer.
Some say it's like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted, :rolleyes: but we have a piece of vinyl flooring cut to shape on our table to stop that happening. (y) Bob.

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
We paid a lot for people called plastic surgeon.
http://www.plastic-surgeon.co.uk/casestudy/caravan-repair-service/
They were expensive but we were selling the van. However there was another hole on the granite effect veneer that no one (including them) would do because there was no way it could be colour matched. We persuaded a mechanic to just give it a go in the end because we waited a flat surface not a crumbling hole and his job looked as good as the professionals. If you are DIY savvy have a look at my thread on it as someone talked me through step by step fixing it yourself.

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
I opened one of my overhead type lockers over the weekend and a plastic folding travel mirror took a dive straight onto my table. :mad: It's put a half inch hole straight through the veneer. The blooming hinge part of the mirror punched its way through no problem.
Now, how the hell do I mend it? :(
I don't mind paying someone to do a professional job on it to get it back like new but can't seem to find anyone that does it.
Anyone got any ideas as to how to sort it? (n)
Google laminate repair and it should bring up places to buy ColorFill.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Same happened to our table. I filled it with car bodywork filler and it's hardly noticeable, luckily it's a similar grey colour, we always use a table cloth anyway.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 26, 2018
Ormskilrk
Funster No
MH
Swift Voyager 685FB
If there is a dent associated with the hole ie. The veneer has been pushed in, then a steam iron may help.

Bear in mind that veneer is often stuck with temp sensitive glue so once the dent starts to come out keep pressure on the veneer until it cools.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back