Hi I just found out that my mh has got a chattel mortgage on it can anyone advise me& (5 Viewers)

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Having purchased vehicles from banks and other lender as repossessed subject to mortgage security, might I suggest you contact the mortgagor and ask the outstanding loan figure. They will undoubtedly ask for its location! Do not lie but be economical with the truth.
They may settle for half or even less of the outstanding redemption figure.
Keep calm or even ask a solicitor or trusted friend to do this.
The unpalatable truth from what you say is you do not own the motorhome unfortunately.
If your suspicion is correct it's a matter of mitigation.
I know this may go against the grain but they may even loan you the balance. The last thing they want is recovery costs, storage and auction fees etc.
It's not the end of the road and requires skillful calm handling.
Think it through and ensure they prove good title before making any offer or accepting one from them.

Upvote 1

Pjdow

Free Member
Jun 29, 2020
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape
Exp
I’m a newbie
From the insolvency article it appears that the only vehicles that could be affected are Chausson.

And there could be lots out there, as already reported.

Hopefully this situation is a one off..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 1
Apr 12, 2017
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 140
Exp
Legal cover through your MH insurance has been mentioned, but also see if you are covered for this on your house insurance.
We did this after what happened to Robert because of an incident in his job as a paramedic and what the Scottish Ambulance Service did to him.
Suffice to say the Insurance appointed an impressive law firm and we won an out of court settlement against them.
So in short if you can win against something big as the SAS/NHS you can take on these crooks.
I wish you the best of luck.
Good advice, I took on my own insurance company several years ago when they tried to renege on a policy I had with them, the irony being I used the legal protection supplied as part of the policy! Got advice re ombudsman findings previously which I quoted to them chapter and verse and they reversed their decision within 5 minutes of receipt. Keeping my fingers crossed Dolly that somewhere you have an out and the real culprits at Unbeatable are brought to book.

Upvote 1

Maluisarot

Free Member
Mar 29, 2021
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 25
Hey swifter

I trawled through the companies House website, checking for out vin on each of the chattels registered and the one with ours on states it had been settled. Why there isn't a more simple process where you cab just put a VIN in I don't know!

It's been over a year now and haven't heard anything so I'm guessing were in the clear. :whew:

Upvote 1

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
What is chattel mortgage / what does it mean? This thread sounds strange.
A chattel is a personal belonging other than land and/or buildings. Apply the concept of a mortgage to a Motorhome and you have the position where a dealer has borrowed money from a lender and the lender has secured the loan by taking out a chattel mortgage on the Motorhome. If dealer does not pay off the chattel mortgage when you buy the Motorhome then he had no right to sell it and it can be repossessed from you or you have to pay off the mortgage and reclaim your money back from the dealer who is usually either broke or disappeared by this time leaving you substantially out of pocket!

Upvote 1
Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
It was also included at length as part of a radio 4 programme yesterday - about 1200 ish cannot recall the actual program. Just found it.
1218 on ‘you and yours’ Radio 4.

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Hi welcome. I am sorry to hear about your problem.

I would certainly say proper legal advice is the way forward. Preferably with a legal who is familiar with business and sales contract legalities.
I hope you can find the right help

Upvote 0

Shegs

Free Member
Jan 10, 2021
Funster No
MH
Mercedes sprinter
Hi just found out that my my has a chattel mortgage on it
Can anybody help with advice
I was thinking about moving up. But after the radio 4 program . I think you will find theres a lot out there... and it seems your fxxxxd

Upvote 0
Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
UNBEATABLEHIRE LIMITED
Company number 04306649
Follow this company File for this company

Filter charges

Filter charges Outstanding / part satisfied

810 charges registered 466 outstanding, 343 satisfied, 1 part satisfied

466 unhappy people who invested their money.

"If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is"

Limited Liability so suspect they walk off into the sunset!

Upvote 0

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
If it got stolen who get spaid off ? the finance company ?

Upvote 0

Realist

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 4, 2018
Wales last time I checked.
Funster No
MH
Caravan: Buccaneer
Exp
Caravan before 2000 / Motorhome From 2018 to 22 / Now Caravan again.
The fist van on the list is a WHITE CHAUSSON ZFA25000002532982 reg ending EYM is sorn taxed and mot and not listed as stolen and it has a charge against it to Mr William Cowe.

Poor sod

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back