Help with Huawei 5577C please (1 Viewer)

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
I am struggling to use the Huawei Hi-Link app with my 5577C modem. I can connect, but then the app asks me to log in as admidistrator to continue.
The only passwords I know of are the default admin/admin, or the numerical login used by devices connecting to the modem. None of these seem to work, any ideas?

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
There's a small reset button on the bottom of the router. It may be worth trying that to factory reset and using admin / admin again on 192.168.8.1. Any existing settings may be lost for your SIM data provider but these can be setup from their information

Nov 9, 2015
North Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MC-I B 580
Exp
Since 2005
I have only just received my wifi (E5577C) so have not used it but reading the booklet all I can see for problems "try restoring the device to factory settings.
I tried to access web interface 192.168.8.1 but that doesnt work for me.
Not much help sorry.

OP
OP
E
Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
I've reset it, although AFAIK I've never changed the default settings, but it still doesn't work on the app.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
As stated above use admin/admin all lower case to log in.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
The App should give you the 'forgetten password' option at login. Have you tried to reset from there?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I am struggling to use the Huawei Hi-Link app with my 5577C modem. I can connect, but then the app asks me to log in as admidistrator to continue.
The only passwords I know of are the default admin/admin, or the numerical login used by devices connecting to the modem. None of these seem to work, any ideas?
The password is shown on the screen, it will be an 8 digit number. 😀

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I’m having similar difficulty with my E5377 so at the moment am linking to I phone which seems to work ok but will try reset.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Probably talking rubbish here but nothing ventured.... :blusher:

Doesn't the device you are using the Huawei Hi-Link app on, have to be switched to wifi and the correct mifi you want to connect to selected? ie could it be picking up another mifi?

Make sure it is connecting through your 5577C.

Sorry if this is a load of tosh!!:blusher:

Phil 748

Free Member
May 21, 2019
Newark Notts
Funster No
MH
AS Nuevo ES 06
Exp
Hi the Mifi and the device that is used to monitor it has to on the same Mifi network, the user and password for default is admin/admin, this is under the battery, the 8 digit number on the screen is SSID password, to be able to get on the no network, once connected open the app then use the default user/password to login to the Mifi, hope this helps

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
The code you enter to log onto the WiFi is the same thing that you need to log on as administrator. It is displayed on the screen unless you have turned that function off.

Reactions: DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I am struggling to use the Huawei Hi-Link app with my 5577C modem. I can connect, but then the app asks me to log in as administrator to continue.
I don't know if you've sorted it yet but as has been said, if you are using the app the admin/admin combination won't work. When switched on the MiFi should look something like this:

1593272285463.png

The default user name is admin and the password is the 8 digit number you can see on the screen opposite the key symbol. The writing above this next to the WiFi symbol is the SSID of the network. This is what you will see when you try to log in to the WiFi network from a device. The same 8 digit code is what you also need to log in by WiFi.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Mine has fallen over a couple of time logging on with the password sorted it.
Once I changed the password that gave me all sorts of grief had to do a factory reset to get it up and running again.

Last edited:
Reactions: DBK

Phil 748

Free Member
May 21, 2019
Newark Notts
Funster No
MH
AS Nuevo ES 06
Exp
Hi the 8 digit number is not the admin password, it is the password to login to the router network, if you remove the battery you see the attached photo, I had to reset mine this once when the app would not let me login as admin

Attachments

• IMG_20200627_174251.jpg
    IMG_20200627_174251.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
I'm not familiar with your model of HUAWEI modem but on our HUAWEI Mifi modem, that I use with the HUAWEI link app, the password is inside the lid of the modem. As you say the user name is admin and the passwordis in our case, an 8 digit alphanumeric code on the inside of the lid.

OP
OP
E
Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Thanks for all your suggestions

Just to recap, device has 3 data sim fitted with ample data left. Phones, laptops and tablets connect seamlessly and access internet.
I reset the device using the recessed button under the lid, I double checked the 8 digit number on the screen and confirmed it's what I've been using all along. Tablet is connected to dongle for wifi

The Huwawei app on a modern android tablet asks for a password (no user name). Neither 'admin' nor the 8 digit number works.
Logging on to Link Removed asks for username and password. admin/admin doesn't work

I'm going to take the advice boxtraveller gave and contact their support Monday, It's a matter of principle now:confused:

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
I've had a look at the manual that came with our now ancient HUAWEI Mifi. If you haven't tried this already (as I see you may have) I'd suggest the following.
Make sure your Huawei device is connected to wifi. On the connected device enter Link Removed into the browser bar. That brings up the Huawei home page. Then go to the help section. There is a heading 'accessing if password forgotten'
This is the cut and paste of the next bit:
Login IP Address for the Management Page Is Forgotten
Procedure
  1. Restore the default settings.
  2. Enter the following default login IP address: 192.168.8.1.
Parent topic: Link Removed

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
The Huwawei app on a modern android tablet asks for a password (no user name). Neither 'admin' nor the 8 digit number works.
Maybe the Huawei App needs to run as administrator on your android tablet, and it's the administrator password for the android tablet that it wants, nothing to do with the mifi device.

I'm not sure about this, but maybe during the installation procedure there should have been an option to 'Run As Administrator'. You could try any password you know for the android tablet.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
admin is the password and as has already been said press reset button for 10 seconds And previous passwords are reset

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
With regards to the username/password this confirmed on a sticker on the underside of the unit behind battery, this is usually admin for the username and admin for the password. Do check this, as some previously network locked devices are supplied with a different combination.

The first time the Huawei HiLink app is used, it will prompt you to change the password. If you don't change specify a password this will automatically change to the WiFi password.

The process to reset the device is with the device turned on and the battery inserted, press and hold the reset PIN until the Huawei logo is displayed on the screen. At this point the admin/admin password will work.

Ensure you are using the HiLink app, that you have not 'saved' the password in your iPhone resulting it being overtyped/replaced by your phone without your knowledge. If any doubt, visit 192.168.8.1 using a laptop and type in there to see if either of the above combinations is accepted.

I can't imagine Huawei UK would be any more helpful, especially with a device now 3 years old.

OP
OP
E
Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Thankyou Addie. I don't I was holding down the reset button for long enough. After following your insructions exactly althogh I still couldn't log on to the Hi=Link pp as administrator, I could log on to the web portal using the default user name and PW. Once I had done that I returned to the app and discovered I was logged on!

Thanks again, a satisfied customer of yours since your first wifi booster, now with iBoost and 5g antenna. I don't understand why some people struggle to put together DIY systems just to save a couple of bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back