Help required (1 Viewer)

Jan 19, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Just leaving our site in Argeles Gazost in the Pyrenees and our crankshaft pulley has dropped off our Ford Transit. Currently waiting for assistance but need to know if there is somewhere local we can get the pulley and a new belt. We own garage at home so hubby is able to replace them if we can get them???
We were heading towards St Malo over the weekend for our crossing on Tuesday.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
And just in case the above doesn't open, here are the details;

Parc d'Activité de Cognac, D817, 65000 Tarbes, France
Broken Link Removed
+33 826 10 31 15

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jill
Jan 19, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks yes we've located that. Just wondering if there was a motor factors (or equivalent) closer as they can be after market parts.

OP
OP
Jill
Jan 19, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
No there are a few manufacturers, Gates being one, but it's obtaining one out here. Just been recovered to a garage that will try and locate on after lunch.
Thanks anyway,
Jill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jill
Jan 19, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks for all your suggestions.

We have European breakdown cover (RAC) through Comfort and they were very good. Initially a breakdown truck came & towed us to a local garage. They sourced the parts that weren't available till the next day (Saturday) when the garage owner went & collected them and fitted them by lunchtime. We were on our way by 1pm.

The RAC called us on the Friday night and asked if we needed a hotel. They'd been in touch with the garage and were aware that we had a delay. I've just had a call from them checking everything went to plan so they can close the case and they're sending me a claim form so I can recover the labour costs.

At the time I was having a right wobbly but I don't think things could have worked out any better. And I couldn't fault their service..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back