Help needed! Broken down in 35C France... Turbocharger maybe?? (5 Viewers)

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
ebay UK lists several universal oil separator tanks to fit ducato , so seems there is a need for them 2 port and 3 port .

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi All!
I require all your attention here.
France is a pain in August because nearly everything is closed for hols; and if not shut then they have little staff to work which makes things difficult.
Now the garage which has taken Dave's Moho in charge will shut on the 14th of August to only re-open on the 1st of september.
We have to be really quick !!!
The Lady in charge of finding the 3 parts needed, found someone who can help , but here we need the exact references of the parts, therefore we need an English Fiat garage or an English junkyard may be ..??(BTW , yes, we do have those here too , and it's on the must call list of the lady .... If OPEN, and if yes, not overbooked with clients' queries, and I must tell you this is far far from being a win win!)

So Dave's MoHo was on the road for the 1st time on the 12/07/93

We need 1) the ref of : the 1993 catch can on this FIAT Ducato 2,5l TD
2) ref of : the cylinder head cover gasket (google translation here, but to me it sounds correct, if not, say it!)
3) stcyr (j'ai vraiment besoin de toi sur ce coup-là , j'ai beaucoup de mal à déterminer si la traduction n'est pas mauvaise , MERCI !)
ref of : Breather hose which goes from the crankcase to the catch can . I can't be sure that the translation is correct, really hoping that stcyr can help as he is the bilingual one on here!

If anyone finds it of course let us know on here so I can text it to the garage and the man who said he might be able to help will know whether he stands right or not.
If not then the parts will have to be found in England and then be shipped to the garage as quick as possible.
So today is the 5th , it has to arrive at the garage by the 12th , maximum by the 13th .
That give to this funsters 1 or 2 days to help finding all this.

Let's this challenge begin ... Thanks all in anticipation for any help you can provide!

Frankie;)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
YoungDave

YoungDave

Free Member
Jan 14, 2020
Funster No
MH
'95 Hymer B644
Exp
Current van since Feb '20, before that fulltimed in London for 18 months c. 2014
OP
OP
YoungDave

YoungDave

Free Member
Jan 14, 2020
Funster No
MH
'95 Hymer B644
Exp
Current van since Feb '20, before that fulltimed in London for 18 months c. 2014

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Hi All!
I require all your attention here.
France is a pain in August because nearly everything is closed for hols; and if not shut then they have little staff to work which makes things difficult.
Now the garage which has taken Dave's Moho in charge will shut on the 14th of August to only re-open on the 1st of september.
We have to be really quick !!!
The Lady in charge of finding the 3 parts needed, found someone who can help , but here we need the exact references of the parts, therefore we need an English Fiat garage or an English junkyard may be ..??(BTW , yes, we do have those here too , and it's on the must call list of the lady .... If OPEN, and if yes, not overbooked with clients' queries, and I must tell you this is far far from being a win win!)

So Dave's MoHo was on the road for the 1st time on the 12/07/93

We need 1) the ref of : the 1993 catch can on this FIAT Ducato 2,5l TD
2) ref of : the cylinder head cover gasket (google translation here, but to me it sounds correct, if not, say it!)
3) stcyr (j'ai vraiment besoin de toi sur ce coup-là , j'ai beaucoup de mal à déterminer si la traduction n'est pas mauvaise , MERCI !)
ref of : Breather hose which goes from the crankcase to the catch can . I can't be sure that the translation is correct, really hoping that stcyr can help as he is the bilingual one on here!

If anyone finds it of course let us know on here so I can text it to the garage and the man who said he might be able to help will know whether he stands right or not.
If not then the parts will have to be found in England and then be shipped to the garage as quick as possible.
So today is the 5th , it has to arrive at the garage by the 12th , maximum by the 13th .
That give to this funsters 1 or 2 days to help finding all this.

Let's this challenge begin ... Thanks all in anticipation for any help you can provide!

Frankie;)(y)
Happy to help if I can, I presume the gasket required is the cam cover(AKA rocker cover) & Not the head gasket. There appears to be 2 breather hoses, which one is required.

Have you tried coastal motorhomes?
: (+44) 01202978554
DP

Oct 14, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-line I4.9
Exp
Since 2018
Hi YoungDave, do you need a cylinder head gasket or a cam cover (aka rocker cover) gasket?

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Thing is , I don't think he knows as I have it in French. This is the main issue indeed , as I am not a mecanic so I don't know what's the difference. Anyone knows how to contact stcyr??
I presume the gasket required is the cam cover(AKA rocker cover) & Not the head gasket.

DP+JAY I have the french word CULASSE which is cylinder head

And we need the cover gasket of it
EDIT : And of course I'd rather have someone being a native to call coastal... First it is just impossible for me while I'm working to have a peaceful chat and second it is quite expensive from France.... if you don't mind me saying

OP
OP
YoungDave

YoungDave

Free Member
Jan 14, 2020
Funster No
MH
'95 Hymer B644
Exp
DP+JAY & 2CVer honestly I am not sure. I would be tempted to by both, it never hurts to have spares, to be safe. The trouble we are having is translating mechanical parts.

Just to be clear it is a 1990-1994 Ducato 2.5 TD.

EDIT I see yodeli has confirmed it is the cylinder head

OP
OP
YoungDave

YoungDave

Free Member
Jan 14, 2020
Funster No
MH
'95 Hymer B644
Exp
ebay UK lists several universal oil separator tanks to fit ducato , so seems there is a need for them 2 port and 3 port .
Thanks tacr2man

yodeli maybe we can use a universal catch can rather than a model-specific one; perhaps if you speak to the garage next time you could ask?

OP
OP
YoungDave

YoungDave

Free Member
Jan 14, 2020
Funster No
MH
'95 Hymer B644
Exp
This is who we use for parts There are many others.

What is the French term for what you are looking for? If you let me know the engine you have and the part you looking for I'll try on a French forum I'm a member of if anybody knows a stockist.

Also yodeli if you are part of a French camping car forum maybe people on their with similar engines etc. will tell you who the best suppliers are.
WJACC thanks for this - I missed it. I don't know which model (specifically) the van is built on; I will try to find out from the VIN...

Oct 14, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-line I4.9
Exp
Since 2018
Hi yodeli The cylinder head gasket is "joint de culasse" and the rocker cover gasket is "joint de cache culbuteur". Does this help understanding which gasket is required?

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
I have just send a text message to the garage to ask them which one it is couvre culasse or cache culbuteur .
BUT as you might know ... French people have lunch... yes I know .... eating? what for?
So they will answer at about 2.00pm if they take some time to answer.

Second, they looking already for an answer about a universal catch can... But the man who might know the answer is ... is ... Yep ... is eating as well ! :giggler: :giggler:

Oct 14, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-line I4.9
Exp
Since 2018
The technical dictionaries are not clear on this term, but indicate that it is the rocker cover gasket. This makes more sense than them needing a cylinder head gasket - the rocker cover may need to be removed to get access to the pipe connections on the catch tank and they won't want to meddle with the rocker cover unless they've got a replacement gasket.

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
Selection of hoses on Broken Link Removed. Extensive listing of parts for what seems to be the correct engine. I'll keep looking for the 'catch can' - haven't the foggiest idea of the French for it! :giggle:

Edited to add Broken Link Removed

Oct 14, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-line I4.9
Exp
Since 2018
I've initiated a search of UK vehicle dismantlers (breakerlink.com) for the catch can and crankcase breather to catch can pipe. If I get a response today I'll let you know.

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Whey hey ! They answered ! SO .... it's the same thing lol ! We call it both ways joint de couvre-culasse or joint de cache culbuteur
Also DP+JAY the diagram you sent with a link doesn't show the wanted hose!

Oct 14, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-line I4.9
Exp
Since 2018
It looks like there are 2 types - one with a straight end and one with an angled end. A conversation with Coastal Motorhomes ((+44) 01202 978 554) might be needed. They may also be able to help with the catch tank and pipe.

OP
OP
YoungDave

YoungDave

Free Member
Jan 14, 2020
Funster No
MH
'95 Hymer B644
Exp
Selection of hoses on Broken Link Removed. Extensive listing of parts for what seems to be the correct engine. I'll keep looking for the 'catch can' - haven't the foggiest idea of the French for it! :giggle:

Edited to add Broken Link Removed
Thanks Pete5996!

yodeli we could be on to a winner... Do you know the French for catch can? Have they told you?

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Thanks Pete5996!

yodeli we could be on to a winner... Do you know the French for catch can? Have they told you?

Yep ! The word for catch can is décanteur also called Vanne EGR.
I always use (and so do they) Décanteur coz I'm terrible with letters which don't mean anything to me !

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
It looks like there are 2 types - one with a straight end and one with an angled end. A conversation with Coastal Motorhomes ((+44) 01202 978 554) might be needed. They may also be able to help with the catch tank and pipe.
There are indeed 2 types, one rubber & one Composite with screw holes,Spoken to coastal, neither in stock

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Answer will come later in the afternoon as per the gasket. The mecanic is having his pause... I'll have a little one as well ... I'm french ... I eat too LOL !

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
from ebay looks like french for the catch tank is
Séparateur d'huile :)

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
from ebay looks like french for the catch tank is
Séparateur d'huile :)

May also be 'récupérateur d'huile' - seem to be plenty of universals available on Ebay.fr and Amazon.fr. I think your earlier suggestion of somehow fitting a universal replacement may be the only viable option, given the lack of info on the fitted item on the internet - probably just no longer available....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back