Heating in rear of Lyseo with Fixed Beds (1 Viewer)

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Yes, I fitted the pipe insulation from underneath the the hot air pipes.
There is no insulation in the floor of the garage so that any warm air coming into contact with the cold floor condensates .
I do have jigsaw mat sponge on the floor but it more likely that I've not used my van in the winter.
Do you think the warmth is coming from the underside of the beds?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I didn't know about your preferences for black knobs in bed. :rofl:

I'm not sure what Carthago do but I assume they fit the metal heating vents along the side of the bed and the knob is where the heating pipe joins it.

Just been out and taken a pic of it in my van.
View attachment 707344
I hate to disappoint you Lenny but our Carthago ain't got no knobs, not even rainbow coloured ones, it just has corrugated 'cardboard type' heater pipes running at the bottom and side with cuts in them every so often to allow the warm air out. We don't have metal vents so I suspect your Carthago won't either. :imoutahere:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I hate to disappoint you Lenny but our Carthago just has corrugated 'cardboard type' heater pipes running at the bottom and side with cuts in them every so often to allow the warm air out. We don't have metal vents so I suspect your Carthago won't either. :imoutahere:
Flipping cheapskates.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 17, 2018
Sunny Poole
Funster No
MH
Low profile Burstner
Exp
3 years and learning
I do have jigsaw mat sponge on the floor but it more likely that I've not used my van in the winter.
Do you think the warmth is coming from the underside of the beds?
I know weā€™re hotšŸ˜€ but not that hot! No, itā€™s coming from the heater vent which I intend to seal up. Then with your recommendation to insulate under the beds to stop the cold permeating through the plywood.then perhaps with no temperature difference in the garage, the condensation will cease to form šŸ‘

May 25, 2016
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
2015 PVC, now from 2020 Coachbuilt
I put Stealaway's pipe insulation/Celotex modification into our 690G when we were in it this winter. It definitely is warmer as a result but more importantly it significantly reduced the condensation which forms around the edge of the garage doors and frames in winter when living in the van. Before the mod, it was dripping wet around those doors, as though driving rain had got in. There is a 'cold bridge' around the garage doors. Best if the garage is at similar temp to outside.

As far as the heat is concerned, the Truma Combi is a bit weedy using elec only.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back