Haven holidays (1 Viewer)

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
The site is guaranteed it’s money in full at the beginning of the year with a static owner, where as a tourer might or might not come and pay.
The big money is not from pitch rentals, but from the margins on buying and selling statics under their T&Cs that reserve special rights to the site owner. Always read the fine print ... :rolleyes:

Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
Haven't been to a Haven but a similar (probably slightly smaller) place is Searles at Hunstanton. The touring park is right next to the beach out a side gate and Hunstanton itself only a few minutes walk along the prom. Hunstanton is a lovely slightly old fashioned seaside town. Both Seales and Hunstanton are packed out on bank holidays though.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Used Haven a few times,mid week prices are usually cheap even with ehu.All facilities are usually available. Only downside is when it's school hols ,can get quite busy and probably traumatic during covid.

Aug 21, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starblazer
Exp
since 2015
Looks like Caistor on sea is going the same way as its not listed.
I drive past there a lot and where the spot was for motorhomes is being worked on right now. Lots of hard standing pads going in but I suspect they’ll be for more caravans.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
Haven't been to a Haven but a similar (probably slightly smaller) place is Searles at Hunstanton. The touring park is right next to the beach out a side gate and Hunstanton itself only a few minutes walk along the prom. Hunstanton is a lovely slightly old fashioned seaside town. Both Seales and Hunstanton are packed out on bank holidays though.

We normally go every year but missed it out last year, another one that can be expensive in school holidays, funny enough I looked earlier and it was about £70 per night.

We went a couple of years ago, early October for £10 per night.

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
Only ever had one night on a haven site so can’t comment on the site but the weird thing was that there were over 50 of those P shaped dental floss gadgets all over the pitch.

Mar 10, 2021
West Midlands, UK
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Does anybody know what Flookburgh is like Haven are charging £10 a night with EHU in March although I dont like big commercial sites I wondered what the surrounding area is like if I used it as a base camp.

Nov 21, 2021
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Amethyst
Exp
Newbie, former van camper and still wild camper
Lovely place, for £10 I'd go if I had holidays in at work. Ulverston close by with a great car museum. Loads of walks etc. On site loads to do!

Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only
Go for it! Lots of cheap deals for Haven. We bought a static in Hafan y Mor 3 years ago after a motorhome visit, (just sold back to Haven) Normally very well kept amenities. Sold cos we weren't using it much and it seemed a bit daft when we have the van, but I would book in to a Haven site.

Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only
The big money is not from pitch rentals, but from the margins on buying and selling statics under their T&Cs that reserve special rights to the site owner. Always read the fine print ... :rolleyes:
We got a good deal! Full 10k deposit back + 3k on top. Think it's the ludicrous prices they charge for home holidays/staycations due to Covid.
The bubble will burst so got out now!

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
We stayed at Marton Mere in a static a few years ago. Not a bad site, but - the place was teeming with tinkers having all night caravan drinking parties.
The security staff told us that the travellers get females with English accents to make the bookings over the phone.
Did paddy still try and nick the electric

Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
Haven have closed both the touring parks in Norfolk. Clearly more profits and less work involved in statics once infrastructure is in place. Last summer for 5 nights they wanted £394, as others have said out of season really good value.

busbuddy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
swift suntor 630G
Exp
since 1994
Haven, hoseasons, pure leisure, parkdean, etc are all stupidly expensive in the summer and a lot of sites are heading towards statics only
Places like searles in hunstanton and hendra in newquay are rammed in the summer, nice and peaceful before and after the rush though 👍 but with some having facilities still open....pool,sauna,etc they are a bargain when the crowds are not there.
I have found it's better to ring up and annoy them to get a deal 😁

Aug 19, 2007
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Tribute 615T sport
Exp
17 years + since 2006
Does anybody know what Flookburgh is like Haven are charging £10 a night with EHU in March although I don't like big commercial sites I wondered what the surrounding area is like if I used it as a base camp.
Its a fair old walk into Flookburgh (good half hour) , unlike most Haven sites the bus doesn't run into the site. Not much in Flookburgh apart from a cafe and a pub. We walked up and was going to get the bus to Grange over sands but there are very few buses and they stop running early . Site is ok although we were parked amongst lots of tenters (looks like they now have an area of their own) and there were a "few do as you likies" there. There are euro pitches there that may be an option but that would double your £10 a night. Lakes etc close by but you would have to use the van to get about.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Haven have closed both the touring parks in Norfolk. Clearly more profits and less work involved in statics once infrastructure is in place. Last summer for 5 nights they wanted £394, as others have said out of season really good value.
They are in it for the money not love

Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
We stayed at Marton Mere in a static a few years ago. Not a bad site, but - the place was teeming with tinkers having all night caravan drinking parties.
The security staff told us that the travellers get females with English accents to make the bookings over the phone.
‘ Tinkers’ thats so quaint..😀

Spawn_e_git

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos 748
Exp
4 years
Technically mablethorpe but I bet the old bus pass will get us there. ;) :giggle:
If this is Golden Sands we stayed there last summer.

The beach is amazing, the weather not brilliant but a nice park. They were struggling with supplies (like everywhere) but they really tried their best.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
I've not been on the Haven site, but Flookburgh will be a bit bleak at this time of year. The site is on an old disused airfield and there will be a cold wind blowing across it, straight off the Irish Sea.🥶

Aug 19, 2007
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Tribute 615T sport
Exp
17 years + since 2006
If this is Golden Sands we stayed there last summer.

The beach is amazing, the weather not brilliant but a nice park. They were struggling with supplies (like everywhere) but they really tried their best.
I have stopped at golden sands for the last couple of years both in May agree about the beach we walked down to Sutton on sea and bus pass to Skegness a couple of times . Pic 1 shows the touring park we stopped on in 2020, , Last year it had been turned into a static village with a lake in the middle
IMG_20200716_101431.jpg
wasn't impressed with the euro pitches.
IMG_20210524_101724.jpg

and the rest of the touring was like a bog.
IMG_20210524_101427.jpg

Mar 10, 2021
West Midlands, UK
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Thanks to all the funksters that have replied checking out the Haven website they are quite cheap for March just depends on the wweather and the area i guess Mablethorpe is also an option if Flookburgh is a bit bleak this time of year

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back