Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Speaking for me and her I'd say we're chugging along nicely and both enjoying the MH trips and the stuff we do to earn money. Oddly enough the only thing I find personally frustrating is the part-time job where others make decisions for me. I'm giving it another year then I may switch to something else that feels more purposeful. We both realise this is the good bit between leaving full-time work and the age-related health problems beginning to arrive, so we're enjoying it while we can.

In terms of feeling unfulfilled, we wish our kids were in a stronger position than they currently are. Both are in low paid jobs that don't match their qualifications and neither are particularly satisfied with what they do. Both have had personal crises to deal with in the last 12 months. I can't see them ever being able to afford their own homes before we pop off, assuming we've not spent it all. However, we know we can't meddle when they're in their late twenties so we don't - we just try to support them as best we can. It's not their fault that they live in a post recession economy but it's frustrating to see what it's doing to them all the same.

Aug 28, 2017
Leicester
Funster No
MH
None at the mo.
Speaking for me and her I'd say we're chugging along nicely and both enjoying the MH trips and the stuff we do to earn money. Oddly enough the only thing I find personally frustrating is the part-time job where others make decisions for me. I'm giving it another year then I may switch to something else that feels more purposeful. We both realise this is the good bit between leaving full-time work and the age-related health problems beginning to arrive, so we're enjoying it while we can.

In terms of feeling unfulfilled, we wish our kids were in a stronger position than they currently are. Both are in low paid jobs that don't match their qualifications and neither are particularly satisfied with what they do. Both have had personal crises to deal with in the last 12 months. I can't see them ever being able to afford their own homes before we pop off, assuming we've not spent it all. However, we know we can't meddle when they're in their late twenties so we don't - we just try to support them as best we can. It's not their fault that they live in a post recession economy but it's frustrating to see what it's doing to them all the same.
For me the most important thing for ones children is that they know your always there for them ,family is priceless :)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I didn't know it was a journey? o_O Thought it was just drudgery until you died ?:frowny:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Am not really sure what is meant by have you arrived. Personally, I have always been happy with my lot. Have never wanted for anything, but my wants are not great. Have never done the pools or the lottery as I can honestly say I would still do exactly the same as I do now if I did win big money. My step sister won two large lumps on the pools years ago and she was always a miserable so and so, if anything, the wins made her more miserable. My ex wife won £55000 on the bingo 30 years ago and all she bought was another husband who spent the lot and left when it was gone. I thought I had arrived 40 years ago when I walked into Drayton Continentals and bought the only new car I ever owned. Since then have had more downs than ups, but have managed to stay content with my lot, knowing that as one door shuts another opens. Anyone that is content with what they have, has arrived, in style.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
I don’t know if anyone ever reads the “signature” under funsters posts but I penned this as my mantra years ago, it still is.

“Tomorrow is the future, and when tomorrow comes it is today, therefore the future is today so don't worry about tomorrow until tomorrow, and then it's today so there's no point in worrying, just be in the moment and be happy and remember you don't necessarily have to arrive to enjoy the journey.”

I am fortunate but I covet nothing as in reality you really only can live in the moment there is no other way!(y)

petrocspals

Free Member
May 23, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Nuevo
Exp
4 years
I have been trying to work out what makes me feel that I have achieved something. I realise now it's watching 24 hours in A&E, meeting my husband's new gp, bumping into healthcare professionals doing a fantastic job and knowing they were once my stroppy, troublesome teenage students.
I think I can go to meet my maker (whoever she is) knowing I made a difference, that will keep me happy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back