Habitation Entry Lift.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
3 years
I am trying to locate a very reasonable priced lift so that my wife can access the habitation door on our Hymer 564 Camp. I have seen some at over £1800.00, but that is way out of my spending power, and -being 77 years old- I don't know how much longer I will be able to drive! We will not be doing much travelling this year, as she has two operations lined up and will be virtually housebound for the best part of the year. I believe that someone had made a lift using a scissor jack and a battery powered electric drill, to lift his wife up to get into the MH! I'd like to see how that worked. Many thanks.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Something like this, nothing to do with me just saw on Facebook marketplace
EE05D9F8-F042-434B-B63A-8AFE60AC3A50.png

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Dear Ducato
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
3 years
Yes, exactly what I am looking for! Just spent an hour trawling Facebook, and can't find it .Which category is it listed under, and is there a reference number? Thank you.
Something like this, nothing to do with me just saw on Facebook marketplace
View attachment 724834looking for! Just spent an hour trawling Facebook, and cannot find it.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 2002
Exp
Newby to Motorhome but not to traveling, caravaning and camping
What about a ramp? Just a suggestion, no idea really if this could be possible for you or your wife to negotiate. I have seen vans with ramp/lifts included. It might be a consideration for myself in the near future.

45B73E8E-141D-40BE-A062-54EE215F082D.jpeg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Dear Ducato
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
3 years
What about a ramp? Just a suggestion, no idea really if this could be possible for you or your wife to negotiate. I have seen vans with ramp/lifts included. It might be a consideration for myself in the near future.

View attachment 725078
Thank you, but I need a standing lift. If I used a ramp, she wouldn't be able to get out of the chair and in no way could she drive her mobility up the ramp without either, bottoming the frame out or not stopping and hitting the side of the back seat! Thank you for the thought, a;though they could be useful in getting the scooter in and out of my Berlingo, without having to dismantle the thing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Yes, exactly what I am looking for! Just spent an hour trawling Facebook, and can't find it .Which category is it listed under, and is there a reference number? Thank you.
If you go to marketplace on Facebook and search for “motorstep ms600” you shoul find it. Maybe open you search distance.
I searched for just “motorstep “ and this one in St.Neots came up.
1678463797280.png

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
there is one on Facebook marketplace in Birmingham for £500. It’s listed as a Motor Step

Upvote 0

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
My friend made one for his wife with a scissor jack. He permanently fixed a safe plate (wooden) on top for her to stand on and also fixed a grab handle each side of habitation door. He used a standard diy drill to raise and lower the jack. He has a Hymer and kept both items in a skirt locker by the door. He put the drill on a long tether so as not to place it on the ground and forget it!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Dear Ducato
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
3 years
My friend made one for his wife with a scissor jack. He permanently fixed a safe plate (wooden) on top for her to stand on and also fixed a grab handle each side of habitation door. He used a standard diy drill to raise and lower the jack. He has a Hymer and kept both items in a skirt locker by the door. He put the drill on a long tether so as not to place it on the ground and forget it!
Thank you. That's the post I have been looking for! My only worry is that I may not be able to get a fix for the grab handles, as I cannot fit one of those fancy door security locks because of the fridge! Certainly look into it.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Dear Ducato
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
3 years
If you go to marketplace on Facebook and search for “motorstep ms600” you shoul find it. Maybe open you search distance.
I searched for just “motorstep “ and this one in St.Neots came up.
View attachment 725210
I have managed to overcome the fog of working the computer, and have sent a response to that one, plus two others that I have seen. It looked as though I needed to expand my search area! Thank you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Back