LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Is lpg readily available in Greece and do either Spanish or french adapters fit at the station? Thanks.
Avaliable nearly everywhere garages put bit GPL signs up beside the road a mile or two before the garage. As said same as French adaptor.

Captain Pants

Free Member
Dec 19, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg PVC
Exp
Since 1982
I have just been reviewing the ferry situation and thought the following links might be useful.
Not sure filling in a form to confirm you haven’t got covid-19 is a very robust health protection measure! Might as well not bother.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Not sure filling in a form to confirm you haven’t got covid-19 is a very robust health protection measure! Might as well not bother.
I agree but no form no boarding pass so? The more concerning is when someone realises exactly your point and suddenly a doctors certificate is required. Considering that one is only on the ferry for 20 hours or so you would have to be obviously ill when boarding for the ferry to suddenly declare itself in quarrantine before arrival at the other end, which frankly is my concern, 20 hours on one of those med ferries is more than enough for me!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Captain Pants

Free Member
Dec 19, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg PVC
Exp
Since 1982
I agree but no form no boarding pass so? The more concerning is when someone realises exactly your point and suddenly a doctors certificate is required. Considering that one is only on the ferry for 20 hours or so you would have to be obviously ill when boarding for the ferry to suddenly declare itself in quarrantine before arrival at the other end, which frankly is my concern, 20 hours on one of those med ferries is more than enough for me!
Agreed, if you’ve taken the trouble to turn up and desperate to get to home/destination you may be reluctant to declare yourself as feeling unwell? Quarantine on one of those ferries would be a nightmare scenario!
I’m booked Bari - Igoumenitsa in early May so watching developments with interest.

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
There is a few of us planning to visit Greece this year and I thought this would be a good place for us to keep in touch with each other as we will all no doubt have some concerns about travelling down through Italy and the other Coronovirus threads on Fun are a wide ranging discussion and I'm of the view we need specific information from members on the road, so to speak who can keep those heading off behind them informed with factual information.
Today, I have spent a bit of time looking at the 'Live Traffic' on Michelin Maps and if I have interpreted the map correctly it looks like the E35 border motorway at Chiasso is closed in both directions and road access into the Lombardy region, from any direction is not possible due to road closures ? Saying that, a BBC crew were on TV last night driving around in areas that were supposedly shut down only to find there were no such restrictions in place so \It's difficult to know for certain what is actually happening on the through motorways and other roads. I'm going to see If I can view some web-cams to get live data. Anyway, moving on, as I said at the beginning of this post this could be as good a place as any for keeping each other up to speed when Funsters set off on their Greece Trip. It is possible to enter at Torino, head down to the coast and follow round then cut across. There does not seem to be any closures below Bologna.

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
There does not seem to be any closures below Bologna.

The zone surrounding San Marino including Rimini is also in lockdown......

ad9889fdf6f1c71dc97ca02d0f3062f143a47cd7.jpg

Pete

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Found a web Cam just south of the A9 border crossing and traffic flowing in both directions ?

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
There is a few of us planning to visit Greece this year and I thought this would be a good place for us to keep in touch with each other as we will all no doubt have some concerns about travelling down through Italy and the other Coronovirus threads on Fun are a wide ranging discussion and I'm of the view we need specific information from members on the road, so to speak who can keep those heading off behind them informed with factual information.
Today, I have spent a bit of time looking at the 'Live Traffic' on Michelin Maps and if I have interpreted the map correctly it looks like the E35 border motorway at Chiasso is closed in both directions and road access into the Lombardy region, from any direction is not possible due to road closures ? Saying that, a BBC crew were on TV last night driving around in areas that were supposedly shut down only to find there were no such restrictions in place so \It's difficult to know for certain what is actually happening on the through motorways and other roads. I'm going to see If I can view some web-cams to get live data. Anyway, moving on, as I said at the beginning of this post this could be as good a place as any for keeping each other up to speed when Funsters set off on their Greece Trip. It is possible to enter at Torino, head down to the coast and follow round then cut across. There does not seem to be any closures below Bologna.
Well done your efforts will prove to be helpful to those travelling to Greece in a few weeks. We intended to leave home on 28th March and slowly make our way to Bari for the boat. Really fancied taking in the main attractions of Italy. Recent developments may put all of this in doubt but we'll have to wait and see. I was a bit disappointed to see that there does not seem to be any information or updates relevant to the virus and travel restrictions on the Anek website, so we will have to wait and see.

Nomadian

Free Member
Feb 21, 2020
Not up Jim’s arse like some
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
More than some less than others

Captain Pants

Free Member
Dec 19, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg PVC
Exp
Since 1982
On’t home page of viamare it sez anek super fast are offering refunds and altering tickets for free

Tiz a pity Minoan aren’t doin t’same.

Let’s hope it’s all blown over by 30 April.

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
From Viamare this morning. All is not lost.

Kallithea, March 10th 2020

Dear Colleagues,

Taking into consideration the extraordinary circumstances occurred because of the COVID-19 outbreak, we wish to inform you of the following:
Tickets issued with the Early Booking discount can be converted to open date tickets and no difference between Early Booking and brochure fares has to be paid. Passengers can rebook to a new travel date until 31 December 2020 with the Early Booking discount.

Passengers wishing to cancel their tickets to any Adriatic route because of the coronavirus outbreak can do so with full refund.

Above policy is in effect until 3 April 2020 and concerns tickets for travel up to and including 30 April 2020.

Regarding group reservations, the group confirmation deadline for groups travelling up to 30 April 2020 changes from 1 month to 15 days prior to departure date.

We will monitor the outbreak aftereffect and, if needed, we will revert with further cancellation measures.

We thank you for your kind consideration and prompt attention to the above and we remain at your disposal for any clarification.

Yours Sincerely,

Nomadian

Free Member
Feb 21, 2020
Not up Jim’s arse like some
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
More than some less than others
From Viamare this morning. All is not lost.

Kallithea, March 10th 2020

Dear Colleagues,

Taking into consideration the extraordinary circumstances occurred because of the COVID-19 outbreak, we wish to inform you of the following:
Tickets issued with the Early Booking discount can be converted to open date tickets and no difference between Early Booking and brochure fares has to be paid. Passengers can rebook to a new travel date until 31 December 2020 with the Early Booking discount.

Passengers wishing to cancel their tickets to any Adriatic route because of the coronavirus outbreak can do so with full refund.

Above policy is in effect until 3 April 2020 and concerns tickets for travel up to and including 30 April 2020.

Regarding group reservations, the group confirmation deadline for groups travelling up to 30 April 2020 changes from 1 month to 15 days prior to departure date.

We will monitor the outbreak aftereffect and, if needed, we will revert with further cancellation measures.

We thank you for your kind consideration and prompt attention to the above and we remain at your disposal for any clarification.

Yours Sincerely,
From viamare, but concerning which ferry company? Because I have received a different e mail concerning Minoan lines!

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
From viamare, but concerning which ferry company? Because I have received a different e mail concerning Minoan lines!
Viamare are agents for all Adriatic ferry companies as far as I can work out.
We purchased our tickets through them for Superfast Ferries (Anek) . As far as I'm away Minoan have a refund policy in the T.O.C. and offer full refunds if enough notice given. I would advise you contact them directly if you purchased your tickets directly from them. est of Luck.

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Cyprus have just implemented self isolation for 14 days for anyone arriving from the UK.
Expect other countries to do similar for arrivals from heavily infected countries.

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Well done your efforts will prove to be helpful to those travelling to Greece in a few weeks. We intended to leave home on 28th March and slowly make our way to Bari for the boat. Really fancied taking in the main attractions of Italy. Recent developments may put all of this in doubt but we'll have to wait and see. I was a bit disappointed to see that there does not seem to be any information or updates relevant to the virus and travel restrictions on the Anek website, so we will have to wait and see.
If you do not change your plans, I would be grateful for updates once you set off. I have to make a decision before 03/04 and I'm leaning towards no delay or a short delay and if the Italian motorways are open I am still very keen to make this trip if it possible.

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Playing Devils advocate surely if you turn up at the ferry port/toll booth and prove negative for the virus then the ferry company and/or road provider have failed in their obligation to provide a service on the receipt of payment? You do not have any infectious disease and therefore do not pose any threat to the civilised western world, what validation would support their not providing a service to you? Before anyone else jumps in, we do have vested interest as we have booked a ferry, campsite and tickets for the Dutch GP and looks like we wont have a leg to stand on if the event is postponed to a later date although Stenna have said that we can change our dates without penalty the day AFTER we forked up £70 just in case to change dates! Yes some people may die from contacting Corona just as some may die from Measles, influenza,. shingles, asthma, cancers or even a Bee sting, its part of life,! We all do our best to avoid them but the whole purpose of a virus or disease is to find, attack and of need be kill the host. Why are governments going over the top to deflect news stories away from other pressing issues? Greece/Italy/Spain even the USA are still billions of euros/Dollars in debt and beset by *illegal/Mexican migrants , what a great way to wipe out the national debt and deflect the news issues away from the migrant crisis by declaring a European/world wide crisis and get additional funding from international banking to ease the situation in that particular country In the UK whatever your politics we have a Boris in charge who is notorious for deflecting issues be it over children or climate change or partners.! Throw money that we haven't got at problems that 5 or 10 years down the line you can blame on previous administrations. I don't think he has ever answered a question truthfully in his life he is a master at deflecting the question with the bumbling idiot persona The USA has Trump who just shouts people down with repeated phrases and we all get sucked into the lies and rhetoric. At the risk of being labelled a conspiracy theorist does not the whole Corona 19 virus seem a convenient way of distracting the general public away from more pressing matters? Yes it is a problem but compared to other diseases and taken as to its mortality there are more lethal and deadly issues out there? Basic hygiene is the order of the day coughs and sneezes spread diseases, put it into context , anyone want to buy 100 toilets rolls ? My political thinking if anyone is interested is conservative with a small c . Encourage free enterprise, reward hard work and have the minimum state control but recognise endeavour. Please put things into properer perspective Its 2020's distraction tactics. Rant over!

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Look up ferry companies they are all interrelated as to who owns what and does where!

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
If you do not change your plans, I would be grateful for updates once you set off. I have to make a decision before 03/04 and I'm leaning towards no delay or a short delay and if the Italian motorways are open I am still very keen to make this trip if it possible.
I can't see us going on the 28th its all up in the air at the moment. Like you I've heard that we have to decide whether to get a full refund or a change to an open ticket by the the 3rd April.

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I can't see us going on the 28th its all up in the air at the moment. Like you I've heard that we have to decide whether to get a full refund or a change to an open ticket by the the 3rd April.
Understood. The Italian Ambassador said on the Andrew Marr show this morning the next few days will show how well there lockdown is working. South Korea seen to be well on top of it now ?

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Understood. The Italian Ambassador said on the Andrew Marr show this morning the next few days will show how well there lockdown is working. South Korea seen to be well on top of it now ?
I sort of raised a concern on another thread. Suppose Italy and Spain with their lockdown get a hold of it and say in 14 days they get very low new cases and exit the lockdown. How will they perceive us coming from the UK with no lockdown and maybe still spiraling new cases. It may be safe to go to Greece via Italy but they say no to UK residents

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I sort of raised a concern on another thread. Suppose Italy and Spain with their lockdown get a hold of it and say in 14 days they get very low new cases and exit the lockdown. How will they perceive us coming from the UK with no lockdown and maybe still spiraling new cases. It may be safe to go to Greece via Italy but they say no to UK residents
Anything is possible I guess. I would think if they refuse to allow Brits to cross their borders, it will be well communicated to prevent chaos at the border crossing. I think a much bigger concern is how do they prevent a repeat of infection after a lockdown leading to the dreaded second wave.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Anything is possible I guess. I would think if they refuse to allow Brits to cross their borders, it will be well communicated to prevent chaos at the border crossing. I think a much bigger concern is how do they prevent a repeat of infection after a lockdown leading to the dreaded second wave.
The logical concern and stopping other nationals from entering might be seen as part of a plan? Albeit the inevitable decimation their tourist industry would have a big sway.

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
This will be of interest to readers of this thread:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.