LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
I have been back and forwards to Devon/Cornwall for the last week or so and where I work (play) I can clearly see the main A38 plenty of traffic both ways lorries cars buses caravans, mohos ,campers .
Traffic flowing smoothly and without hindrance . Favourite butchers open for business and has been throughout.
The only ranters on on the net.

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
I'm not interested in taking a rushed through vaccine for something that makes less than 1% of people critically ill or die.
I prefer to rely on my own immune system.
And as there will likely be lots of different strains of it it seems pointless
I wasnt vaccinated against measles, mumps or rubella either ....I've had measles and mumps and now have natural immunity.

My mum has her own reasons

Proff whitty said himself last week the majority wont get this virus, of those who do many wont know they have had it , of those who get it most will experience mild symptoms and be fine after a few days ....of those who get it less than 1% will become critically ill and a small percentage will die.

Vaccinate everyone another strain will just come along anyway ....

Ill take my chances......I may already have had it

Out of interest, if a vaccine is found and proven to be effective then at some later point you or your Mum then get Corona Virus* and end up in the ICU ward of the local hospital, who do you think should pay for your treatment ?

(* Feel free to replace Corona Virus with another similar transmittable virus such as smallpox or polio or rubella or tuberculosis, all of which you were immunised against when you were a child )

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
And just to lighten things up a bit here’s a post of a picture of RobbyMClark that he posted in the thread “Should I screw in a shower” Now that SHOULD be banned....puts everything into perspective....literally.

I think I’ll post that picture on any thread that gets too heavy, I’m sure he wouldn’t mind 😊

View attachment 393031
Whoh - missed that thread - wanders off to have a look!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Out of interest, if a vaccine is found and proven to be effective then at some later point you or your Mum then get Corona Virus* and end up in the ICU ward of the local hospital, who do you think should pay for your treatment ?

I'll easy chip in a few quid.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

(* Feel free to replace Corona Virus with another similar transmittable virus such as smallpox or polio or rubella or tuberculosis, all of which you were immunised against when you were a child )
I've been paying for any treatment I may require for the last 31 years 😏

And no I was never immunised against smallpox rubella etc

Tb yes the others no

If you want to pin all your Hope's on vaccines and rush to get one that's up to you

Refusing one is my choice

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Here in the South West, since the easing of the lockdown, announced on Friday last.

Beaches crammed with litter, Dartmoor a basket case re. litter, seems the public not only brought their liquor supply's , they also brought their loose bowels and thankfully their own toilet paper, AND THEY LEFT IT ALL BEHIND!
Yeh nice one folks!, and you bitch because we call you Emmets and Grockles ,

Hey send us YOUR addresses! we'll come and shit on YOUR lawn, spread our litter in your street , and bitch as loud as you do that "we are not wanted in your area!!!"

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Here in the South West, since the easing of the lockdown, announced on Friday last.

Beaches crammed with litter, Dartmoor a basket case re. litter, seems the public not only brought their liquor supply's , they also brought their loose bowels and thankfully their own toilet paper, AND THEY LEFT IT ALL BEHIND!
Yeh nice one folks!, and you bitch because we call you Emmets and Grockles ,

Hey send us YOUR addresses! we'll come and shit on YOUR lawn, spread our litter in your street , and bitch as loud as you do that "we are not wanted in your area!!!"

Not all GrockIes...I'm sure a huge number of the half-million who live down there went to the beach too. In my experience, people who live in an area leave more crap than visitors. Just visit a local McDonalds to know that is true.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I'm 47 it hadn't been invented

I had mumps age 10 , measles age 7
Pretty sure I've had rubella too ...but I'd have to ask my mother that one

My mistake but there was one available for measals.

We also had another at Secondary School but can’t remember what that was.

It was very unusual for kids not to have vaccines back in the day.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years

Polio I think. Was it in sugar lumps or something?

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Well travelled over to Lytham, parked up on Beach road outside clients very fancy apartment with a typed note Explaining where I was. On return to van uniform stood near, he started conversation by asking how long I was staying told him on my way now, he then told me that they were having issues with overnighters staying on the front car park but as long as they cleaned up they were not being moved. The issues were with people not keeping the car park tidy, he said 2 or 3 were just leaving black bags of rubbish when they left. Suffice to say he wasn’t bothered about me.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Polio I think. Was it in sugar lumps or something?

Think that was at the Doctors but when fairly young.

The one at school you had one of those multi jab tester things to see if you reacted.

If you did it was a jab in the arm that left a weir circle that is still there today 😳

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years

The one at school you had one of those multi jab tester things to see if you reacted.

If you did it was a jab in the arm that left a weir circle that is still there today 😳

Oh yes I remember that one. Smallpox?

Deleted User
Just seen an article on the news regarding Portugal and their preparations to welcome the Brits (as soon as Boris says their country is safe enough)

I know where our money will be heading, and it definitely won’t be down the A30 :giggle::giggle:

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Just seen an article on the news regarding Portugal and their preparations to welcome the Brits (as soon as Boris says their country is safe enough)

I know where our money will be heading, and it definitely won’t be down the A30 :giggle::giggle:

Yes I saw that.

SWMBO said some places are giving incentives for Brits to go on holiday.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Perhaps She ought to look at the history of The Act of the Union? It got passed because Scotland had gone bust by trying to set up a Colony in the Americas. Look up the Darien Scheme. The Act of the Union basically bailed them out financially.

Things aren't much better today, They are a net beneficiary of being in the UK, Pay a fraction per person for EU membership, and run a massive deficit in comparison to the UK as a whole. Let's not even get onto the West Lothian question where they can vote on matters only affecting England but we can't vote on matters in Scotland. Oh and out of the last 5 PM's 2 were Scottish. Blair (Edinburgh) and Brown (Giffnock).. So it's not like they haven't had a say. One last thing, When the crowns were merged it was the Scottish crown that took over the English crown not visa versa so we had a Scottish King.

Now don't get me wrong. I love Scotland having spent the first almost 7 years of my life up there and have a number of Scottish friends. There is a small but vocal minority of Scots who blame the English for everything that is wrong. Historically we don't have completely clean hands, but they have to take full responsibility for the significant part they played.

It's a shame this toxic minority cause so many ructions, when we have more in common than divides us.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Perhaps She ought to look at the history of The Act of the Union? It got passed because Scotland had gone bust by trying to set up a Colony in the Americas. Look up the Darien Scheme. The Act of the Union basically bailed them out financially.

Things aren't much better today, They are a net beneficiary of being in the UK, Pay a fraction per person for EU membership, and run a massive deficit in comparison to the UK as a whole. Let's not even get onto the West Lothian question where they can vote on matters only affecting England but we can't vote on matters in Scotland. Oh and out of the last 5 PM's 2 were Scottish. Blair (Edinburgh) and Brown (Giffnock).. So it's not like they haven't had a say. One last thing, When the crowns were merged it was the Scottish crown that took over the English crown not visa versa so we had a Scottish King.

Now don't get me wrong. I love Scotland having spent the first almost 7 years of my life up there and have a number of Scottish friends. There is a small but vocal minority of Scots who blame the English for everything that is wrong. Historically we don't have completely clean hands, but they have to take full responsibility for the significant part they played.

It's a shame this toxic minority cause so many ructions, when we have more in common than divides us.
You could almost switch Scotland and england there to uk and europe 😉

Without getting in to a whole separate debate ...there are as many if not more scots that want scotland to be an independent country as those in england who want to leave the eu.

If and it's a big if ...Scotland is really such a burden to england then answer the one simple question

Why is westminster so desperate to keep scotland in the union that they apparently give it a better deal?

Does that sound the least bit credible given the history of uk governments offloading everything they think costs them money?

Maybe then there would not be such a divide and the two countries would get on much better.

Kind of like kids often benefit from 2 parents who always argue separating

It works the same.....most scots that voice a dislike of England it isnt actually the people...its the westminster establishment and their blatant disregard for Scotland.

All exhausted arguments really but they will never go away .....that's just wishful thinking

P.s brown actually lives like 3 miles from me on the other side of the country from giffnock

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3

We had the TB jab at secondary school.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Fortunately he never finished it
Must have done?. Theres a place called Wallsend?

Wasn't that the T-B One?. And I think the "sugar cube" one was the Salk Vaccine, prior to which it had been a Jab in the Arm jobby. For Polio?.

I think historically, it was pressure from the Lairds (some), which led to the "clearances"?. It was more productive to run sheep, than crofters and gave them a better "profit" margin.

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
Since 2002 plus 20 years in a tent
Personally....even thought the Scottish people voted to stay in The Union in a “once in a lifetime” 🙄referendum I would cut the rope and let them drift off into poverty and oblivion...unless of course the price of oil goes back up from zero a barrel to $100 a barrel for the next 50 years which was the mainstay of their argument to leave ( and even then people votes to stay). The Scots aren’t stupid...well most aren’t anyway...and they understand which side their breads buttered. Fed up with their whinging..let them go...see how they fare....it’s a pity but there we go....you can’t stop a child from leaving home if they want to go (put that bit in to annoy people 😊).

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
We where out to-day. On the beach where bags of Sh1t all nicelu knotted up and dropped 25 yards from a Bin provided. I dont mind them going "SAS" style. but unlike the special forces they dont take the bags home!.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back