Go Home! (2 Viewers)

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Whilst thinking about this - perhaps we should be thinking of committing to holiday and spending in the UK and NOT go to foreign parts for say 12 months. It would be tough but a similar stance to those people who have committed not to fly in the next 12 months.

I love going to Europe but maybe I should exercise some restraint for the good of our economy just now.
I can agree with the sentiment but it’s just not practical. If we all stayed in UK the roads would stand still and there would be
nowhere to park for the night. It’s impossible to just set off and hope to find somewhere to overnight.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I can agree with the sentiment but it’s just not practical. If we all stayed in UK the roads would stand still and there would be
nowhere to park for the night. It’s impossible to just set off and hope to find somewhere to overnight.
Funny, but probably too near the mark for comfort!.
They also for some strange reason go in twos.
Mike Harding, had the answer for that!. He did a "Gentleman's Dinner" I attended once, and one of his "off the cuff" remarks was "And what about the "little girls" room?, Why do they go in pairs?. Well I (he) reckon the toilet seats are too high, and they have to lift each other on and of!." :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Really? CLa, CSs Club sites, independent sites, britstops and wild camping. We won’t all be out at the same time.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've read this thread with interest, it's gone all over the place, on loads of different subject but the one thing that stuck out to me is the idea of 'boycotting' Chinese produced goods due to the outbreak starting there and their subsequent actions (inactions/lies ... etc).

Who do you think will suffer by this happening? The Chinese govt won't be happy but who cares? It is the people living there, many on low wages, crammed into small flats, in shanty type villages etc, that will really suffer, in effect the poorest and less well equipped to survive ... its not something I would want to make worse for them by meaning they will lose their pitifully paid jobs ... at least they are jobs and they give them an income.

When suggesting a boycott therefore remember its not just about the Chinese govt, or how cheap WE can get the goods we want, it's really about the people who will suffer because of our actions too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back