Globecar ‘master switch’ (1 Viewer)

Apr 24, 2019
Solihull
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
This is probably a silly question, but I need some clarification please.

Whilst the van is stored I turn the switch in the habitation area off and leave the taps open with no water in tanks. Nothing works etc. That is taps don’t work, unless switch is on.

Used the van last weekend filled tanks and have left them full for this weekend. Switch in habitation area is off but taps still pump water. Why is that?

Thank you

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Normally you can hear when the pump is working. If it had been working when previously stored dry then it would surely have burnt out so perhaps you can assume it wasn't operating.
No idea why it would work now with 12volt turned off.

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
hi.
no idea - sounds odd - my taps only work with the control panel switched on.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
This is probably a silly question, but I need some clarification please.

Whilst the van is stored I turn the switch in the habitation area off and leave the taps open with no water in tanks. Nothing works etc. That is taps don’t work, unless switch is on.

Used the van last weekend filled tanks and have left them full for this weekend. Switch in habitation area is off but taps still pump water. Why is that?

Thank you
Not normal unless it was just some residual pressure in the pipework
Can you hear the pump running?
On our van I had to fit an isolation switch to the water pump so I could have the habitation power on without the water pump getting power if the taps were accidentally turned on (for using van in frosty weather)

OP
OP
Slimalex
Apr 24, 2019
Solihull
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Think it somehow was built up pressure in the pipe and seemed to be flowing rather a lot. I just assumed the pumps was on, when it was not. Silly me, but it made me think logically by putting a question on here
Where did you site your isolation switch please?
Seems a very good idea.

Thank you all for your input, I’ve learnt something

Mar 29, 2018
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
I also installed an isolation switch. I cut into the pump power cable just before it entered the water tanks and put the switch to the left of the stairs so I can access it from the main area. Before the isolation switch, I used to remove the fuse for the pump so that I could leave the taps open all winter and not worry about turning the 12V on occasionally. 20200708_142357.jpg

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Where did you site your isolation switch please?
Seems a very good idea.

Hi
I fitted the switch on the panel just inside the rear door
There should be a block connector close to the hatch for your water tank with small spade type connectors in it
You just need to fit the switch to ether of the two wires
Just check whats behind where you drill for the switch there was a fair bit of gubings there on ours but thats for the lifting bed
You could run the wires up to next to the control panel but a fair bit of efforts needed

Campersue's may be in a handier position depending on your layout

1594215016445.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Slimalex
Apr 24, 2019
Solihull
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Thank you both for that, I’ll have a look at mine and see what I can come up with.

May I ask Campersue, what the other isolator is, in the photo please?

Mar 29, 2018
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
Thank you both for that, I’ll have a look at mine and see what I can come up with.

May I ask Campersue, what the other isolator is, in the photo please?

I'd like to say it's a hubby ejection button 😉 but actually it's for a Floe Induratec system. It is a small compressor plumbed into the water line and it pressurises the line to assist in flushing them out. I live in the Highlands and like use my campervan in the winter and this makes line flushing quick and easy when I get home.

OP
OP
Slimalex
Apr 24, 2019
Solihull
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
I'd like to say it's a hubby ejection button 😉 but actually it's for a Floe Induratec system. It is a small compressor plumbed into the water line and it pressurises the line to assist in flushing them out. I live in the Highlands and like use my campervan in the winter and this makes line flushing quick and easy when I get home.
The ejection button is easier for me to understand, but thank you for the explanation. 😎

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back