Glass engraving anyone?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by iceni, Jan 20, 2009.

1. iceni

iceni

Ratings:
    +115
    Hi
    I have recently got interested in this pastime cum potential job opprotunity after having an engraved wine glass given me some time ago by a MHers wife. The glass had my name and a picture of my old Glendale on.

I decided over christmas that I would like to develop my artistic side (which is non existant) and so in the sales i got bought one of them there glass engraving kits (which i thought was a rip off.. a clutch pencil and a couple of tips and a cheap glass for £30. Good job it was half price) but this got my enthusiasm going.

I have now gone up to drill engraving and purchased a good but cheap dremmel type drill with flexi drive shaft and a load of tips for £15 from Aldi on sunday

I wondered if any other MHrs do any glass engraving. Theres a bit of info on tinternet but no forums or whatever that i know of.

thanks

Phill

2. N Luyetund

N Luyetund Deleted User

Ratings:
    +0
    How do you de-stress the glass Phil?

3. Wildman

Wildman

Ratings:
    +8,647
    Hi, yes I've had a go, many years ago I engraved all the glass panel in a cabinet that I kept my wildlife books in with images of extinct animals, the pane shown below is of a Sabre tooth tiger. Never treated the glass just engraved straight on it, not tried glasses maybe I should do a set for the Beast, hee hee

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  4. iceni

iceni

Ratings:
    +115
    Hi Graham
    Well so far i have never had to de stress the glass. Its just a case of grinding out the image you want. Have had a little sucess.

Thanks for the image wildman - i will see if i can get a pic of the glass that was done for me

see this link for some good ideas
    Glass Engraving - Lesley Pyke

Phill