Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
Hi
I have recently got interested in this pastime cum potential job opprotunity after having an engraved wine glass given me some time ago by a MHers wife. The glass had my name and a picture of my old Glendale on.

I decided over christmas that I would like to develop my artistic side (which is non existant) and so in the sales i got bought one of them there glass engraving kits (which i thought was a rip off.. a clutch pencil and a couple of tips and a cheap glass for £30. Good job it was half price) but this got my enthusiasm going.

I have now gone up to drill engraving and purchased a good but cheap dremmel type drill with flexi drive shaft and a load of tips for £15 from Aldi on sunday

I wondered if any other MHrs do any glass engraving. Theres a bit of info on tinternet but no forums or whatever that i know of.

thanks

Phill

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi, yes I've had a go, many years ago I engraved all the glass panel in a cabinet that I kept my wildlife books in with images of extinct animals, the pane shown below is of a Sabre tooth tiger. Never treated the glass just engraved straight on it, not tried glasses maybe I should do a set for the Beast, hee hee

wildman365069.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
iceni

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
How do you de-stress the glass Phil?

Hi Graham
Well so far i have never had to de stress the glass. Its just a case of grinding out the image you want. Have had a little sucess.

Thanks for the image wildman - i will see if i can get a pic of the glass that was done for me

see this link for some good ideas
Glass Engraving - Lesley Pyke

Phill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back