Gaslow refillable bottles

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Neckender, May 5, 2008.

1. Neckender

Neckender Funster

Ratings:
    +4,637
    Hi there, can anyone advise the cheapest place to buy the gaslow refillable bottles and installation kit, I live in Stoke on trent, and I am a qualified gas fitter so no problems with fitting it myself.

Cheers John.

2. cabby

cabby Deleted User

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been told there is a shortage of bottles at the moment as the new ones with the gauge are coming in.the cheapest I have found so far are on MHF outdor bits.

cabby

3. Neckender

Neckender Funster

Ratings:
    +4,637
    Thanks for that Cabby:thumb:.

John.

4. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +19,414
    Hi John

We found the cheapest place to buy was <<here>> when we purchased ours

5. Neckender

Neckender Funster

Ratings:
    +4,637
    Thank you very much for this info Brisey, I will be getting in touch with them, cheers.

John.

6. Terry

Terry Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +7,758
  7. Neckender

Neckender Funster

Ratings:
    +4,637
    Thanks Terry, I will look into it:thumb:

John.

8. superk

superk

Ratings:
    +58
  9. Terry

Ratings:
    +7,758
  10. Neckender

Neckender Funster

Ratings:
    +4,637
    Last edited: May 5, 2008
  11. Terry

Ratings:
    +7,758
    Hi John,the only thing different to filling gaslow etc is remembering to shut the gas bottle valve, providing you fill empty bottles as I do :thumb:DO NOT TRY TO FILL PART FULL as this is asking for trouble :Eeek: :ROFLMAO:
    terry

Last edited: May 5, 2008
  12. Terry

Ratings:
    +7,758
    :ROFLMAO: anyway what sort of harley rider are you, most I know are black leather goatie beards and would make there own filler :ROFLMAO: they would rise to the challenge:ROFLMAO::thumb:
    terry

13. Neckender

Neckender Funster

Ratings:
    +4,637
  14. Neckender

Neckender Funster

Ratings:
    +4,637
    Got all the black leather but no goatie beard, perhaps that's what the problem is.:Doh:

John.

15. Neckender

Neckender Funster

Ratings:
    +4,637
    Well I've done it, I went down to Gaslow in Loughborough, Picked up 2 6kg tanks, and other materials to complete the job, but it was a bit dearer than I expected £411-06p totall:cry:. won't be fitting them untill I've used the other gas cylinders up.

John.

16. shortcircuit

shortcircuit

Ratings:
    +0
    Can you please explain what kind of trouble.

17. Terry

Ratings:
    +7,758
    :thumb:WELL done JOHN:ROFLMAO:
    Shortcircuit- the only trouble I envisage is having to weigh part full bottles then calculate how much to fill them :Eeek: Better to fill an empty bottle and not take any risks of over filling.On my bottles (small) I can put 7.8 ltr fuel in so I stop at 7 ltrs so I am well with in my 80% limit.I carry 2 bottles,when 1 is empty I put the full one on just as anyone always did before refillable :Smile:I then fill my emptybottle with my filler :thumb:No problems and very simple.I am now going on the other side to try and explain this to Bob who may have even read it on here:ROFLMAO:
    terry

18. shortcircuit

shortcircuit

Ratings:
    +0
    You appear to be going to a lot of trouble for something that is allready taken care of with Gaslow. As I understand it the cylinder will automatically shut off at 80%

Are you using the highly dubious adapter that your weighing?

19. Terry

Ratings:
    +7,758
    Hi S/c NO WEIGHING INVOLVED IF YOU ONLY FILL EMPTY ONEs :thumb::ROFLMAO: sorry for caps :Doh: if you read the full posts you would cotton on :thumb: then go on the dark side and read my reply to bob on this subject and DUBIOUS fillers.:thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:All will become clear ::bigsmile:
    terry

20. Terry

Ratings:
    +7,758
    Here you go S/C to stop you having to go on the other side:ROFLMAO: I've nicked it and pasteing it here:ROFLMAO:
    bobandjane wrote: ‹ Select › ‹ Contract ›
    Hi Terry. I think the adaptor you say about was for the plastic bottles with the window on the side with no 80% cut of valve. Also I see : So it is about the money.

Perhaps you are right because not many people agree with me, still I have said what I think and thats it. When someone has an accident and Calor get their way and we all end up going to distrubution depots to get gas, a lot of people will have lots to say then.
    End of Rant. Thanks Bob.

Hi Bob if it was all about the moneyI think I can just about stretch to £450-500 and if not I could stay in for the weekend (away in the van that is)It comes down to simple logic-You put fuel pipe onto filler which then goes into a joint-flexi pipe-joint then tank,then reley on a flaot type device to cut off at 80% ? I put fuel pipe onto filler that goes straight into the bottle filll bottle to 7 ltrs (in theory I can put in 7.8 ltrs) turn off bottle valve.Exatly the same minus a few joints flexi pipe and float devise (do not try to tell me float devises do not go wrong I had too many old motor bikes to realise floats stick)Now who do you think has more to go wrong?Just because there are alternatives that everyone does not agree/understand with does not mean they do not work.I also have a diy Sog( £80)that cost me nothing more than a couple of cups of coffee,that also works.A diy spoiler that cost £3/4 instead of £30 because I did not know they sold them I made one instead.My tv is a normal (£150)240v / 12v jobby instead of the £350/ 400 one made purposesly for a caravan.My entire van is £10,000 instead of £30,000/40,000 (to get what I have got in)so yes it comes down to money in a way rather than bragging rights that I have got this! OH god I am bragging that I am A SKILLED handy person

terry