Gaslow Issues! (1 Viewer)

Jul 13, 2023
All over Europe now
Funster No
MH
Adria 680ST Gold
Below is the gas low system on my Adria ,, I have been getting it ready for new season but no gas is flowing the tanks are full ???? Cooker and fridge and heater not getting any gas flow after 15 minutes of trying .

The valve with green red triangles in centre is it automatic change over ?? or does it matter which way it is turned ,, Gas low manual with this van is not for this model ???

Also I cannot find any gauge that is compatible with this setup and I have been to 3 motorhome retailers about it they all say it is obselete ,but I have receipts shoing its only 2 years old ???, so im now asking here for advice
20240225_114231(1).jpg

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
The gauge is showing that it’s only partially opened the valve hence no gas flow, the valve should be showing full green to be open

It’s probably stuck so unless a gentle tap doesn’t release it i’d get it changed

OP
OP
jerryz
Jul 13, 2023
All over Europe now
Funster No
MH
Adria 680ST Gold
The gauge is showing that it’s only partially opened the valve hence no gas flow, the valve should be showing full green to be open

It’s probably stuck so unless a gentle tap doesn’t release it i’d get it changed
Its been like that since I bought the van last year ,???? everything was working when I put it in storage ,,,only switched the cylinders off ... drained the heater and water and waste tanks etc ,,,, when I turn it to right more green shows and to left more red shows , but I was told to leave it in the middle ????

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Oh dear I had similar last week all fine when put to bed was away so hadn't used and busy too it out no gas ended up needing regular as it failed I was lucky mine was under warrantee

Give it a little tap that may help

OP
OP
jerryz
Jul 13, 2023
All over Europe now
Funster No
MH
Adria 680ST Gold
Is it not an automatic regulator the Green/Red Valve that changes from one gas bottle to the other ???

also where would a gas meter fit in this system for how much gas in each bottle ???

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
Are you sure you have gas in the cylinders ?
First of all your cylinders are almost certainly out of date and really should be replaced, second those automatic changeover valves are notorious for failing, regulator looks old too .
Whoever fitted that system was obviously one of Captain silicone’s merry band of PTFE bandits ⚠️
Also someone has engaged in washing up in the gas locker ( sorry they have used washing up liquid as leak detection spray )
There are several different tests you can try but not knowing your skill set I will refrain from giving any practical advice.

Jan 22, 2013
Dorchester
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2010
Below is the gas low system on my Adria ,, I have been getting it ready for new season but no gas is flowing the tanks are full ???? Cooker and fridge and heater not getting any gas flow after 15 minutes of trying .

The valve with green red triangles in centre is it automatic change over ?? or does it matter which way it is turned ,, Gas low manual with this van is not for this model ???

Also I cannot find any gauge that is compatible with this setup and I have been to 3 motorhome retailers about it they all say it is obselete ,but I have receipts shoing its only 2 years old ???, so im now

Auto change over valve. at the 12 oclock position there is a small white square, this should be at either 9 oclock OR at 3 oclock NOT as it is. This denotes the tank to be used first.
eg with the dome rotated to the 9 0clock position it points to the left tank. Rotate the clear plastic to the left, turn on the left tank and the indicator should show all green.
If it shows all red then, without doing any thing else turn on the right tank. The indicator should now turn green. If it is still red it implies if all is working, that both tanks are empty.

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years

Also I cannot find any gauge that is compatible with this setup and I have been to 3 motorhome retailers about it they all say it is obselete ,but I have receipts shoing its only 2 years old ???, so im now asking here for advice
View attachment 868595
You can pull out one of the bottles and it will be date stamped i think its on the lower ring

OP
OP
jerryz
Jul 13, 2023
All over Europe now
Funster No
MH
Adria 680ST Gold
The bottles are dated 23 /9/21 and 14/11/21 as i said i have receipts for them in the owners file .. The rest of it may be older ,,,

I have set the regulator to left hand bottle the Indicators are all Green so i presume the bottles are still full ?????and tapped the valve with hammer ,, but gas is Not flowing at cooker , oven , fridge etc the bottles both feel heavy so must have gas in .....

looks like i will have to replace the regulator valve and hoses ?????? But im not sure ,, which parts , Im a mechanical and electrics person not gas

Last edited:

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
The bottles are dated 23 /9/21 and 14/11/21 as i said i have receipts for them in the owners file .. The rest of it may be older ,,,

I have set the regulator to left hand bottle the Indicators are all Green so i presume the bottle is still full ?????and tapped the valve with hammer ,, but gas is Not flowing at cooker , oven , fridge etc the bottles both feel heavy so must have gas in .....

looks like i will have to replace the regulator valve and hoses ?????? But im not sure ,,
Both bottles are well out of date.
Technically they were out of date around 8 ago
The Motorhome retailers obviously don’t know anything about the gauge as they are readily available but I wouldn’t waste your money on them as they are about as much use as a chocolate fire guard 😮
I would be interested to see a receipt for your system that is 2 years old ?

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Both bottles are well out of date.
Technically they were out of date around 8 ago
The Motorhome retailers obviously don’t know anything about the gauge as they are readily available but I wouldn’t waste your money on them as they are about as much use as a chocolate fire guard 😮
I would be interested to see a receipt for your system that is 2 years old ?
Why do you say the bottles are 8 (years?) Out of date when the OP stated the dates in 2021 that are on the bottles?

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Why do you say the bottles are 8 (years?) Out of date when the OP stated the dates in 2021 that are on the bottles?
He first said he had a receipt showing they were purchased 2 years ago. That could mean someone was selling out of date stock. I think it is the two separate tank outlets that gives their age away and the dates could well be the expiry dates not the manufacture date.

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years

I have set the regulator to left hand bottle the Indicators are all Green so i presume the bottles are still full ?????and tapped the valve with hammer ,, but gas is Not flowing at cooker , oven , fridge etc the bottles both feel heavy so must have gas in .....

looks like i will have to replace the regulator valve and hoses ?????? But im not sure ,, which parts , Im a mechanical and electrics person not gas
The date stamps are when they become out of date. I suspect someones pulled the wool over your eyes

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
He first said he had a receipt showing they were purchased 2 years ago. That could mean someone was selling out of date stock. I think it is the two separate tank outlets that gives their age away and the dates could well be the expiry dates not the manufacture date.
Or the owner bought new in 2021 and swopped them back when it was sold

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
There’s out of date stock and then there’s vintage 😂
2012 was when the multivalve cylinder replaced these I believe.
We are seeing plenty of retailers still selling the older Truma regulators as new when the latest manufacturing date is 2018 😂
Industry practice is that a regulator up to 3 years can be classed as new , it’s why we list any older regulators as old stock.
I actually destroy them at 10 years old rather than risk selling them .
Don’t get me started but there’s too many clowns selling products they don’t understand and are only interested in profit .

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
How sure are you these bottles are full? Apologies if I've missed it. You also need to double check the dates stamped on the bottles.

The whole system looks a bit messy especially the changeover valve. If the bottles are definitely full I'd say it's the changeover valve that's faulty.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
You also need to double check the dates stamped on the bottles.
Those dates look spot on for expiry/replacement dates for cylinders that went out of production in 2012.

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
First off I’m no expert, but your bottles look like they’re more than a couple of years old. I believe they should have small gauges (see photos attached). Also if you follow Jonasw19 #7 this will confirm you have or don’t have gas in the bottles.

IMG_1861.jpeg

IMG_1860.jpeg

IMG_1862.jpeg

Nov 1, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria
DerryW is right about the small cylindrical gauges which should be on each bottle to let you know the level - although they're not great. I swapped the one on first bottle used for a Wave system which lets you see how much gas is left in that bottle. When that runs down you still have a full bottle during which to top up.

Gaslow are really helpful. Give them a call.

Nov 1, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria
Sorry should have said Wave let's you see how much is left on your mobile

OP
OP
jerryz
Jul 13, 2023
All over Europe now
Funster No
MH
Adria 680ST Gold
OK had another go this morning , a few more taps on the gas bottle valves ,, brought the gas flowing

The fridge ,cooker, oven etc now work, and the gas bottles are both nearly full they weigh a lot and they dont weight much when empty,, also had to give the valve for the dometic fridge a nudge too now all is working , although I have not refilled the Truma heater with water yet .

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
OK had another go this morning , a few more taps on the gas bottle valves ,, brought the gas flowing

The fridge ,cooker, oven etc now work, and the gas bottles are both nearly full they weigh a lot and they dont weight much when empty,, also had to give the valve for the dometic fridge a nudge too now all is working , although I have not refilled the Truma heater with water yet .

Truma blown-air heating will work without water in the tank.

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.

Full bottle weighs 24.5kgs

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
They are very old cylinders and certainly need replacing as they are well past their safe usability date.

I got a recertified cylinder last year direct from Gaslow - at the time they had an arrangement where they exchanged our existing out of date cylinder for a previously out of date one which they had got in that in the meantime they'd had professionally refurbished and tested and thus was 'as new' with a new 10 year expiry date. This refurbished cylinder looks like exactly the same model as you have so yours are over 17 years old (the original cylinders had a 15 year certification, now it's only 10).

If you were told they were fairly new then you were mislead so may have some comeback on the seller.

To as to your woes the stainless steel pipes only have a 20 year lifespan so they'll need changing too, if not now, then certainly in the next few years.

OP
OP
jerryz
Jul 13, 2023
All over Europe now
Funster No
MH
Adria 680ST Gold
They are very old cylinders and certainly need replacing as they are well past their safe usability date.

I got a recertified cylinder last year direct from Gaslow - at the time they had an arrangement where they exchanged our existing out of date cylinder for a previously out of date one which they had got in that in the meantime they'd had professionally refurbished and tested and thus was 'as new' with a new 10 year expiry date. This refurbished cylinder looks like exactly the same model as you have so yours are over 17 years old (the original cylinders had a 15 year certification, now it's only 10).

If you were told they were fairly new then you were mislead so may have some comeback on the seller.

To as to your woes the stainless steel pipes only have a 20 year lifespan so they'll need changing too, if not now, then certainly in the next few years.
I will look into it ,, the van is nearly 15 years old but in excellent order
I will speak with dealer , but the bottles were put in by one of the 2 previous owners and I will ask them I have the receipts where someone bought them from in Kent.

Also would a Hab Check not have looked at the gas bottles ?????

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back