Gaslow Issues! (2 Viewers)

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
Basildog ,,, would a Habitation check have examined them ???? if so I may get on to trading standards etc as dealer is first port of call.
Sadly the level of knowledge and understanding of gas in the leisure industry is pretty poor ⚠️
There’s really only the NCC that are basically a trade body so it’s not well supervised or policed .
Good practice should have highlighted the cylinder / tank age and also not only inspecting the hoses but removing them and replacing the washers too .
The regulator should also be changed at 10 years too , that’s something that anyone working on gas should know.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jerryz
Jul 13, 2023
All over Europe now
Funster No
MH
Adria 680ST Gold
Sadly the level of knowledge and understanding of gas in the leisure industry is pretty poor ⚠️
There’s really only the NCC that are basically a trade body so it’s not well supervised or policed .
Good practice should have highlighted the cylinder / tank age and also not only inspecting the hoses but removing them and replacing the washers too .
The regulator should also be changed at 10 years too , that’s something that anyone working on gas should know.
I have been reading up some of your other posts and threads as you are the expert of gas . Heving been in the offshore and telecoms industry I appreciate your knowledge and input . I will chase this all up with the dealer and investigate the paperwork ?? but will also speak with gaslow about replacement/Refurbishment etc

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
I have been reading up some of your other posts and threads as you are the expert of gas . Heving been in the offshore and telecoms industry I appreciate your knowledge and input . I will chase this all up with the dealer and investigate the paperwork ?? but will also speak with gaslow about replacement/Refurbishment etc
Gaslow don’t offer any refurbished cylinders anymore, they will give you a discount on the new replacement cylinders, we will happily do you the same discount, we are the largest UK Gaslow stockist .

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Do a search for the best prices for cylinders etc as the last time I checked (last summer) even with the discount Gaslow themselves were more expensive by quite a bit.

Feb 27, 2024
Funster No
MH
T590
Gaslow don’t offer any refurbished cylinders anymore, they will give you a discount on the new replacement cylinders, we will happily do you the same discount, we are the largest UK Gaslow stockist .
I'm looking for a 2nd 11kg, currently in alps but heading to UK in a week or 2. Can we arrange a fitting?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
where are you based
It's Autogas 2000 in Thirsk.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I'm looking for a 2nd 11kg, currently in alps but heading to UK in a week or 2. Can we arrange a fitting?
I can highly recommend the back up is second to none .its worth the journey to get it fitted correctly

The jokes though can be iffy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back