Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Hi guys, what price are we talking at to fit one or two gaslow bottles? I am finding a real problem getting calor propane bottles and it appears this problem will be around for a while!
I did think about gaslow a while back but thought with less lpg new vehicles on sake
there would be a reducing number of filling stations offering lpg. What does everybody else think?

If you shop around I’m sure you’ll get a deal. I did my research before getting our van, and was able to negotiate the system as part of purchase. There are a number of mobile fitters in the Somerset area. (y)

Going North form your area you can fill up at Morrisons Cribbs Causeway. Going South I’ve only ever filled up near Torquay.

Having used Calor exchange bottles when we had a caravan, I didn’t want that system on our MH. Can’t get Calor abroad either.

I know a lot of people are happy with Calor, but it wasn’t really a consideration for us.(y)

Jun 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
Apache Hi Line 634
Hi There, We have Gaslow on ours. Really good system, just like the one photoed We bought the adapters so we can fill up anywhere in Europe. Word of warning though, the adapters are brass, and being new, the threads are sharp. I fitted one in Germany, and sliced my hands with fine cuts. Make sure you use a pair of working gloves - which I now keep in the gas locker. I always open the locker to check gauges so then see the gloves, then remember to use them. :sneaky:
If not - also make sure you get a Spanish adapter, as not included with the some of the Euro packs

mike the bike

Free Member
May 12, 2021
Funster No
MH
Swift Royale Ensign
Just had Gaslow fitted to our motorhome by Autogas2000 near Thirsk, North Yorkshire.
What great service they give. Fitted in about 40 minutes, showed us how to fill using a gas pump.
We now have options, with an 11kg Gaslow and room in the locker for a 6kg Calor/Flogas if we need it.
Funsters get 5% discount on the parts.
Andrew
I had mine done by Autogas 2000 about five yrs ago, excellent service and Ive more than covered the cost with the cheap gas over the years so I had a second bottle fitted a couple of yrs ago so I should never run out.....famous last words lol!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer b544 classic
Exp
Newbies
Hi guys, what price are we talking at to fit one or two gaslow bottles? I am finding a real problem getting calor propane bottles and it appears this problem will be around for a while!
I did think about gaslow a while back but thought with less lpg new vehicles on sake
there would be a reducing number of filling stations offering lpg. What does everybody else think?
Hi we have just had 1 x 11kg fitted at auroras 2000. Total price paid £309 We believe 1 is enough for us and if not at a later date can just add another.

Feb 16, 2020
Taunton
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thank you the info Guys. Think I will do as Pinfolder said to start with, a 11 kg gaslow plus 6 kg calor bottle as back up. I guess they can use the same regulator?

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Thank you the info Guys. Think I will do as Pinfolder said to start with, a 11 kg gaslow plus 6 kg calor bottle as back up. I guess they can use the same regulator?
Yep.
Here's mine. One Gaslow, one Calor.
2018-04-21 Gas locker connections 004.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gromitandvan

Free Member
Aug 14, 2020
Funster No
MH
Mclouis Fusion 367
Exp
I'm intrigued to know how you know that you've consumed 6 litres? Clearly you have a gauge of some sort to monitor. I ask because a friend of mine has a Gaslow (not recent) conversion and he had no way of monitoring this so he purchased a device which sits under his cylinder and which somehow monitors the content of the cylinder and relays this via Bluetooth to an app on his phone.

I was expecting to have some kind of gauge but in truth I don't know what I will get. I am going for the 2 X 11kgs setup as well.
We have fitted a twin 11kg cylinder system. There is a small cylinder gauge but the accuracy quoted is obviously from calling in at an lpg station and refilling the cylinders. We used 11 litres (approximately 5.5 kg on our recent trip to Aviemore.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back