Gas appliances partially ok.. (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 2, 2021
Hertfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Burstner Elegance i700
Hi

On my 2008 Burstner Elegance i700 A Class I have developed a problem since bringing it out of a 2 months lay up.

The cooker/hob/grill work fine on gas but the fridge does not, (its OK on hook up though).
I can hear the ignitor clicking for 30 seconds, then nothing, I've also tried turning on and off as the manual suggests to clear any air locks but without any success. I also swapped gas bottles over in desperation.
Its a Dometic RMT7655L absorption fridge/oven.

Does anybody have any suggestions please??

Many thanks

Neil.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Lay-up can allow corrosion to take place. The cleaning of jets, which I have never done but watched a few times, looks really simple.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
OK, will give it a go.
Is this a DIY jobby would you say (I'm fairly handy!)
Yes very simple, if a little fiddly. Would suggest watching a couple of YouTube vids to assist before you starting. Take your time, don’t drop/loose bits, and be gentle with it. Transformed my fridge, which I thought was already good.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Newton Abbot, UK
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
I suppose that nobody turned off the gas stopcock to the hob a couple of months ago!

OP
OP
Neil183
Aug 2, 2021
Hertfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Burstner Elegance i700
Ok, I've cleaned out the burner assembly and jet (both were actually quite clean) but unfortunately the same problem exists.
Has anybody got any further advice, or can recommend somebody to work on Dometic fridges near St Albans ideally?
Many thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back