French Motorway Tag (1 Viewer)

The Flute

Free Member
Nov 18, 2017
Funster No
MH
Dethfleffs
Well I know it's a bit naughty but got a French motorway tag for my Tag axle Dethleffs. It's bang on 3m tall so thought I'd try my luck. Used it on 5 motorways now and it's worked for class 2 everytime .
Had a great week testing a F1 sidecar at Val de Vienne. All ready for Bsb at Brands hatch. Just need to get F2 ready for TT. MoHo has performed great. Just need new leisure battery.

Aug 4, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since 2003
Good luck, I'm at the TT spannering, got your start number yet?

OP
OP
The Flute

The Flute

Free Member
Nov 18, 2017
Funster No
MH
Dethfleffs
Good luck, I'm at the TT spannering, got your start number yet?
Who you spannering for? No not got number yet. Been told Monday.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Well I know it's a bit naughty but got a French motorway tag for my Tag axle Dethleffs. It's bang on 3m tall so thought I'd try my luck. Used it on 5 motorways now and it's worked for class 2 everytime .
Had a great week testing a F1 sidecar at Val de Vienne. All ready for Bsb at Brands hatch. Just need to get F2 ready for TT. MoHo has performed great. Just need new leisure battery.

Hmm that's nice
We are 2.95m high so hoping I hit class two all the way
Lass year the first toll stretch out of Calais hit us class 3 but can always complain

OP
OP
The Flute

The Flute

Free Member
Nov 18, 2017
Funster No
MH
Dethfleffs
Hmm that's nice
We are 2.95m high so hoping I hit class two all the way
Lass year the first toll stretch out of Calais hit us class 3 but can always complain
Yeah I thought I'd try a tag As I'm tag axle and 4.5 ton so really class 4. it's worked a treat for me

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We're just an incy wincy PVC but the tag is very convenient. We've got one for Spain now and the barriers found so far on this trip are much faster than the French ones - we hardly need to slow down. And a lot cheaper too. :)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
We have been keeping away from peage motorways but tried three this week in France, short sections so we didn't get hammered and our Hobby 700 tag axle running @5250kgs has hit class 2 every time. 16.48 cents a kilometre.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Storr

Free Member
Aug 9, 2011
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2011
Have been using the French tag for 3 years now. Just got a Spanish/Portuguese one for impending trip. I think that the convenience outweighs the extra cost. The Ducato passenger window is between the car and lorry heights on the pay stations, requiring all sorts of contorsions to submit cards and retrieve tickets, we find. Much easier on the back to drive through - also cuts down on the sweary words from the left-hand side of the van!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back