France new Covid rules from 4th December? (1 Viewer)

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
Just seen this on France 24 latest news - negative Covid 19 test mandatory for all travellers from Saturday ........

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Just seen this on France 24 latest news - negative Covid 19 test mandatory for all travellers from Saturday ........

Have they specified which test?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Coachward

Free Member
Nov 27, 2021
Durham, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto sleepers
I’ve spent the last 45 minutes trying to get more information as I’m booked on euro tunnel on 27 December. Going to be a big problem finding somewhere open to get tested 24 / 48 hours before travel . Hoping the UK isn’t included in this new rules …… 🤞🤞

OP
OP
Oscar
Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning

This report is saying a PCR or antigen within the previous 48 hours. Announced on 01.12.21

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Just checked the French Gov website which was updated 29/11. My interpretation of what it states is no additional testing if you have had the booster and if under 60 do not require to show you have had the booster providing your fully vaccinated. Some more stuff about flights being cancelled to Morocco blah blah blah but I'm not seeing anything new with respect to tests being required before entering Frog land.

Coachward

Free Member
Nov 27, 2021
Durham, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto sleepers
Thanks for the information, 3 times jabbed so hopefully don’t need PCR test 🤞🤞 . Hoping more clarification from press etc . I’d forgotten about the 4 day bank holiday over Xmas or I would have wanted a couple more days before travelling to France

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks for the information, 3 times jabbed so hopefully don’t need PCR test 🤞🤞 . Hoping more clarification from press etc . I’d forgotten about the 4 day bank holiday over Xmas or I would have wanted a couple more days before travelling to France
Do not rely on press for accurate information. Go to Goverment website.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We are due to go to France/Spain on 29th December. If a PCR test is required going out as well as coming back we will probably cancel the trip. Watching in anticipation.

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Just checked the French Gov website which was updated 29/11. My interpretation of what it states is no additional testing if you have had the booster and if under 60 do not require to show you have had the booster providing your fully vaccinated. Some more stuff about flights being cancelled to Morocco blah blah blah but I'm not seeing anything new with respect to tests being required before entering Frog land.
Its literally just been announced on french tv by the french government PCR or Antigen test within 48 hours of arrival from Saturday.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
We are due to go to France/Spain on 29th December. If a PCR test is required going out as well as coming back we will probably cancel the trip. Watching in anticipation.
I don't think so! Worst case scenario could be an antigen test on the way out and nothing on the return depending on how long your away for. I would wait untill all the facts are known. The Media and Funsters speculating far too much at present. Keep calm, we're British.

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999

French borders are open to people arriving from the UK who are fully vaccinated & travellers do not need a negative COVID-19 test, nor to quarantine or have an essential reason to travel. However as the rules are constantly changing, please check the French Government website for the latest travel information as well as UK government rules regarding entry & a future return to the UK.
from Motorhoming France today

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
You can use lateral flow it does not need to be PCR.
Thanks, but to be honest, the hassle of arranging tests to be carried out in France and, possibly, in Spain takes the pleasure out of it.

I don’t blame them for their actions, they are trying to protect themselves, so good luck to them. They will not miss our little contribution to their economies but somewhere in the U.K. stands to benefit from our few pounds If we rearrange our trip and tour at home.

We spent six months of the year, for 16 years in France, as we love it, but are willing to wait until things become less uncertain before undertaking a trip.

We will give it a couple of weeks until more is known about Omicron before making a final decision.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Announced in the independent & also spanish papers .Pcr required to enter France for non-eu

https://elpais.com/sociedad/2021-12...-pasaporte-covid-y-vacunacion-en-directo.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/trave...adds-negative-test-travel-rules-b1967674.html

That's English,French & spanish reporting the same information.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Announced in the independent & also spanish papers .Pcr required to enter France for non-eu

https://elpais.com/sociedad/2021-12...-pasaporte-covid-y-vacunacion-en-directo.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/trave...adds-negative-test-travel-rules-b1967674.html

That's English,French & spanish reporting the same information.
Thanks for this Gus. I will wait until I see the official requirements on the Government website. The papers are already contradicting them selves, which is to be expected I suppose.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Jan 19, 2014
Calpe Spain
Funster No
MH
Benimar T483
Exp
Since 1980
Tinpot Napoleon will no doubt want to score some political points. ET are going to love this next round also all the Brits hoping to go skiing over the Xmas holiday break 😤

Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
If you want to go, do what the rules in that country are if not don't. No different to coming back to the UK without the waiting for a negative result. If I need to take a test no issues will be hopefully heading over in the New Year.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
If you want to go, do what the rules in that country are if not don't. No different to coming back to the UK without the waiting for a negative result. If I need to take a test no issues will be hopefully heading over in the New Year.
I quite agree hence downloading all the stuff for Belgium and Germany, completing forms and uploading them back to the authorities, only thing I’m unsure of is where to get a test in Belgium to re enter France🤷‍♂️👍

Jul 7, 2021
Alcester, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Symbol
Exp
Since 2009
My wife and I had Covid 4 weeks ago. Fortunately it was mild and we are fully recovered.

One of the things that the Test & Trace person told us when we received our final 'discharge briefing' was that we shouldn't have a Covid test (PCR or LFT) for the next 3 months.

I've not heard this advice anywhere else

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Thanks for this Gus. I will wait until I see the official requirements on the Government website. The papers are already contradicting them selves, which is to be expected I suppose.
Do you mean the French Government site or the U K one?

If it's UK the wording is straightforward.

... ......This page reflects the UK government’s understanding of current rules for people travelling on a full ‘British Citizen’ passport, for the most common types of travel.

The authorities in France set and enforce entry rules. For further information contact their embassy, high commission or consulate. You may also check with your transport provider or travel company to make sure your passport and travel documents meet their requirements........

So the page reflects the UK'S understanding but really you need to go and see what the French gov are saying.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-trave advice/france/entry-requirements

Sorry! Just read one of your posts and I guess you meant the French one

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
My wife and I had Covid 4 weeks ago. Fortunately it was mild and we are fully recovered.

One of the things that the Test & Trace person told us when we received our final 'discharge briefing' was that we shouldn't have a Covid test (PCR or LFT) for the next 3 months.

I've not heard this advice anywhere else
This is true.

In healthcare if any of our staff test positive on a PCR (not LFT) following their isolation they are then not required to retake a test for 90 days. One reason for this is that the virus can still shred during this period and produce further positive tests. This is why you often get people saying "i've had covid twice or 3 times" Often it's incorrect testing. The cases of re-infection of covid are minute compared to the first cases. Could all change when Uncleron starts getting out and about more though. ....

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
That is apparently correct, due to the virus still remaining in your system but in a “dead state” for personal shedding of the virus to others and giving you symptoms again, so therefore not contagious, but is still capable of triggering a “positive” result from either test method.
A colleague of mine who caught COVID, isolated for 10 days, was contacted frequently by Test and Trace throughout to check compliance with Isolation conditions, and was then also “cleared” to return to work at the end of 10 days but with the exact same caveat of not to retest by either method for 90 days for the reasons as outlined.

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
From the BMJ.
Jon Deeks, professor of biostatistics at the University of Birmingham and leader of the Cochrane Collaboration’s covid-19 test evaluation activities, said, “There are particular concerns about false reassurance. It doesn’t make sense that the government is concerned about false reassurance for PCR tests but not lateral flow tests.

“Lateral flow tests are going to give more false reassurance than PCR testing, because they are less accurate. It’s good to see the government is concerned about false reassurance, but haven’t they got this the wrong way around?”

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back