Flu jab in Portugal (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
I don't normally bother with flu jabs but this winter I may have to fly back to the UK a few times, missed my chance to have it in the UK.

Any of the resident Portuguese know if they are available in Portugal and how to get one, chemists etc. wife was a nurse so she can do the jabbing.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Stop worrying
Don't think Portuguese Flu effect UK citizens, if it does it becomes UK Flue and you will need UK vaccine :hi:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I read a book about how flu jabs are made ( I know, I am a very sad person ) The serum is made up to protect against the viral strain anticipated in that country--- so the jab in Portugal may not be the same as the one in the UK.
You can usually get advice and information from a pharmacist and that would probably be a good starting point.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
I don't have it despite being Steves carer and an asthma sufferer in my own right. I stopped about five years ago because it made me poorly for 6-8 weeks afterwards. Besides which its guess work.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Flu jabs are for woosies...

Rufty Tufties suffer for weeks on end, coughing and spluttering and perspiring in agony until their natural defenses wake up from their sunbathing and do their job.

JJ :cool:

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Stop worrying
Don't think Portuguese Flu effect UK citizens, if it does it becomes UK Flue and you will need UK vaccine :hi:
Reminds me of the first time we took our eldest daughter skiing, she packed her transistor radio, I told her no point as she would only get French Radio, no Dad she said this is an English radio so I will get BBC Radio 1

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
I don't have it despite being Steves carer and an asthma sufferer in my own right. I stopped about five years ago because it made me poorly for 6-8 weeks afterwards. Besides which its guess work.
The flu vaccine is not a live vaccine and offers no protection against flu for about 2 weeks, it is very possible that you can catch flu during this time!

OP
OP

Deleted User
Flu jabs are for woosies...

Rufty Tufties suffer for weeks on end, coughing and spluttering and perspiring in agony until their natural defenses wake up from their sunbathing and do their job.

JJ :cool:

I am a well known woosie camp site dweller but even so do not normally indulge in the flu jab.........but one of the reasons for flying is to arrange an appointment for a hip replacement and I want to try and avoid any lurgy that may be nicely recirculated on the plane and lead to delays in the hip op:)

I will try the chemists as first port of call upon our grand return to Cabanas next week.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Had mine on Tuesday along with the one off Pneumonia, mengicoccal one. Last year I was fine but this year the day after felt terrible. I think maybe having two at same time the problem.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
The only year I decided not to bother (and I have been having em since they were introduced since I have an auto-immune condition) - I had flu.

I NEVER miss mine now!

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
I seem to recall Tesco Pharmacy doing Flu jabs for about £12 - mind you its a few years ago.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back