Rally Flower show and messing about on the river @Shrewsbury (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Any recommendations on a lightweight Kayak?
Kayak or Canoe, apologies if you already know the difference a Kayak you sit in or on and paddle with a double ended paddle and a Canoe you kneel or sit (but higher) and paddle with a single anded paddle.

If you fancy buying one in the future it might be worth coming along to Shrewsbury and you can certainly try our Gumotex Canoe and I am sure there will be people with Kayaks that you could have a try of to help you decide. I have paddled both but prefer the higher position of the Canoe.

Otherwise if you want to get something before you could look at the Gumotex or Sevylor range.

I think you will find that the Gumotex are more money but IMO you get what you pay for, but of course it depends on what you want.

http://www.gumotexboats.com

Broken Link Removed

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Just get your name down, you know you want to.

Martin

Oh Ok then(y)
I'll be there for the Saturday, Sunday and Monday:) not interested in flower arranging but looking forward to the mud larking :D
Can you point me to where I can book and pay please? (y)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Oh Ok then(y)
I'll be there for the Saturday, Sunday and Monday:) not interested in flower arranging but looking forward to the mud larking :D
Can you point me to where I can book and pay please? (y)
I have put you on the list on page 8 you are No 28 all the instruction for booking and paying are on page 7 at post No 126.

Martin

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
SHREWSBURY GUIDED GROUP WALKING TOURS

Martin & myself have been chatting (in other words he's been delegating:LOL:) & we wondered if there would be any interest from folks to have a guided walk around this lovely historic town.

The tours take 90 mins and are run by the tourist information office. The time/day can be arranged to suit us. They also offer an evening ghost walk which starts at 7pm.

I've rung & had a quick chat.

The cost is £55 or £60 for the ghost walk and is for up to 20 people. Obviously if we can get 20 then the max cost works out at £3 pp which I think is a bit of a barg.

Dogs are allowed - however if they go into the castle grounds or a church etc you will need to wait outside.

Is anyone interested????

P.s. @funflair are you posting on the N&B meet about this too?

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
@funflair Martin I've rung, booked & paid 10-16 with EHU.

I'd also like 1 block book show ticket please, I'll do the transfer shortly & confirm when I have.
Cheers

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Yes please @Debs 2 for the ghost walk, so with you that is £20 each and falling, we should get down to a £5er each surely, BTW what do we get extra on the £60 tour :):)

edit ignore question about money difference, just read your post properly o_O(y)

Last edited:
OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
@funflair Martin I've rung, booked & paid 10-16 with EHU.

I'd also like 1 block book show ticket please, I'll do the transfer shortly & confirm when I have.
Cheers
Cheers Debs I have updated the list on page 8.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
SHREWSBURY GUIDED GROUP WALKING TOURS

Martin & myself have been chatting (in other words he's been delegating:LOL:) & we wondered if there would be any interest from folks to have a guided walk around this lovely historic town.

The tours take 90 mins and are run by the tourist information office. The time/day can be arranged to suit us. They also offer an evening ghost walk which starts at 7pm.

I've rung & had a quick chat.

The cost is £55 or £60 for the ghost walk and is for up to 20 people. Obviously if we can get 20 then the max cost works out at £3 pp which I think is a bit of a barg.

Dogs are allowed - however if they go into the castle grounds or a church etc you will need to wait outside.

Is anyone interested????

P.s. @funflair are you posting on the N&B meet about this too?
Hi Debs

I think the truth is you were a willing volunteer and I thank you for that as I am sure will others.

Put us down for two places please, if you get enough takers to do a "Ghost" and a "Town History" walk we would like to do the history one please, otherwise we will take what we get.

Thanks for reminding me about the N+B people I will post it on N+B @jonegood

Martin

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Very sorry Martin, totally forgot to pay for this meet, will do it today. :blush:

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
If we make the rally, we'd love to do the guided tour. But although we've paid for 3 nights we're not certain we'll be there as we're moving house *at some point* and we're in that limbo stage. We just want to get on with it :rolleyes:
We hope to get to the rally and if there's places on the walk, we'll join you @Debs

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Paid for 3 nights, non electric and non flower shoe. We hope to extend our stay but it's still too early for us to be sure we can.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Most folks seem to be on site for Thurs/Fri/Sat so I was thinking poss Fri/sat for the walk. It means there's no pressure to get on site & sorted on day 1 by a certain time.

Martin I'm going to assume that Lu will be able to pitch her tent in place of the awning:)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Most folks seem to be on site for Thurs/Fri/Sat so I was thinking poss Fri/sat for the walk. It means there's no pressure to get on site & sorted on day 1 by a certain time.

Martin I'm going to assume that Lu will be able to pitch her tent in place of the awning:)
Cant see a problem with the tent, and I think you are right about the Friday/Saturday.

Martin

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Bugger, forgot to ring and pay today:confused:

Walk sounds good(y)

Yes please @Debs 2 for the ghost walk, so with you that is £20 each and falling, we should get down to a £5er each surely, BTW what do we get extra on the £60 tour :):)

edit ignore question about money difference, just read your post properly o_O(y)

Ghosts n Gouls:Eeek::imoutahere:

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Hi, we would love to do a guided walk so thats 2 more whichever one u go on.
Just as long as theres no conflict with the groupticket to the show.
Thx.
Bern

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi, we would love to do a guided walk so thats 2 more whichever one u go on.
Just as long as theres no conflict with the groupticket to the show.
Thx.
Bern

If you have one flower show ticket you can use it on either day Friday or Saturday including the firework on the evening, if you have tickets for two days you only need to see the firework once IMO you can actually see them from our field but obviously not as good as being in the quarry.

Martin

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Can i have 2 flower show tickets please Martin......will send cheque tomorrow.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back