Rally Flower show and messing about on the river @Shrewsbury (1 Viewer)

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
A short drive away to Halesfield there is a brewery £2.50 a pint .Bill saw a sign for brewery and he just had to investigate lol @JockandRita plenty room for motorhomes to park right next to a tesco , lidl , Kentucky several pubs
It's early days for the bar as lots og work being carried out there at mo they said there will be live entertainment plus nightspot pub and reasurant . You can see the brewery in all it's glory . Shop is open as well

tresor

Free Member
Jan 20, 2017
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Pilote Galaxy
Exp
new
OK after a bit of banter on a planning thread this Rally is now taking place from August 10th for up to 6 nights so leaving on the 16th. I say up to because you don't have to do the full 6 nights just a minimum of 3 nights and you can stay longer if you wish but I am going home.

The venue is http://www.westmidshowground.com which is less than a mile to the centre of what is a beautiful town with loads of independent shops cafes and restaurants, and a couple of Wetherspoons.

The main attraction on this particular weekend is the annual Shrewsbury flower show http://shrewsburyflowershow.org.uk which is on the Friday and Saturday, for these two days there will be a park and ride running from the West Mids Showground and as we are already parked there we can jump on the bus to the Flower show. Anybody who wants to do the show on two days would be well advised to join the Horticultural society and get show tickets at discount prices (its all on the web site).

The additional activity is a bit of canoeing and general "messing about on/in the river" as we are close to the river and I and other have a canoe/kayak it seemed rude not to give it a go. If you don't have a canoe or kayak but fancy having a go just indicate this when you put your name down on this thread and we will see what we can accommodate but it does depend on how many people come bringing their own craft.

Cost will be £8 per night without electric or £13 with electric (pre booked only) subject to a minimum of 35 vans otherwise it will be £10 and £15.

EDIT Oops should have said 65 places, put your names down now and then I will post details of how to part with your money later.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tresor

Free Member
Jan 20, 2017
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Pilote Galaxy
Exp
new
Hi Martin,
Can you please put us down for 4 nights from the 10th I assume we can bring our dog. It will be our first rally looking forward to it. If possible we will have EHU but if this is not possible don't worry we can live without it.Trevor and Soraya

Last edited:

adt

Mar 28, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Nuevo
Exp
Since 2016
I will get to this, had a week from hell at work last week and this week but I'm off next week so will be able to make the calls, etc then if I cannot get it done this week.
Will be looking at the 1st 3 days with EHU and just one ticket for the show.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
am assured that it is quite an impressive exhibition, so, I'm going to give it a go. Maybe if Chris does comes along, and both he and I get a bit peed off with it all, I am sure that between us (and other male Funsters thinking alike) we could soon find an alternative interest. ;) ;) ;)

Hello Jock, missed your post the other day but you know what, I am going to buy Chris a ticket for his birthday........:happy:

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Martin,
Can you please put us down for 4 nights from the 10th I assume we can bring our dog. It will be our first rally looking forward to it. If possible we will have EHU but if this is not possible don't worry we can live without it.Trevor and Soraya
Hi Trevor and Soraya

Will put you down on the list, if you want to book in all the details are on page 7 of this thread @ #126 just tell Jan that you want electric, post back on here when you have booked and paid and I will update it, if you want flower show ticket for one or both of you though dogs are not allowed in the show all the details are on the #126 post as well, I think you will find that a few of the Male doggy owners are staying back at camp while the girls go to the flower show and spend money getting tipsy.

Your dog is fine and even though there are fireworks for the Flower show we are far enough away for it not to be a problem.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
OK here is the list so far, not many canoeists?

About 10 from N+B owners+

1 @Brendan booked and paid 3 nights from 10th no EHU no flower show
2 @irnbru
3 @rupert
4 @Debs Booked and paid 10th -16th with EHU 1 flower show ticket
5 @DavidG58 3 nights booked and paid from 10th with EHU no flower tickets.
6 @hoot007
7 @JockandRita booked and paid 6 nights no EHU +2 flower show tickets
8 @adt Booked and paid 3 nights from 10th with EHU 1 flower ticket.
9 @Jasz booked and paid 6 nights no EHU + 2 flower show tickets
10 @reckless EHU booked and paid 3 nights from 10th with EHU
11 @louise65 camping from 10th 4 nights paid noEHU flower show to pay later
12 @Hyacinth 1 booked and paid 6 nights no EHU 2 flower show tickets
13 @garjanco
14 @Jenben booked and paid 4 nights from 10th no EHU floor show ticket TBA
15 @scammellmanswife Booked and paid 3 nights from 10th no EHU
16 @Momac 3 nights EHU if poss
17 @Pete-Jay-Sophie
18 @Harp07
19 @Neilfg Booked and paid from 3 nights from 10th no EHU 2 flower show and canoe(y)
20 @berni109 booked and paid Thur to Sun 1 flower show ticket paid. no EHU
21 @daveandsan Booked and paid 6 nights no EHU
22 @ToddyTwo
23 @toledo
24 @rangitira EHU if poss
25 @Armytwowheels Booked and paid 3 nights no flower show,
26 @DAVE CANOE booked paid 5 nights (from Thursday) +2 flower show tickets
27 @tresor 4 nights from 10th EHU
28 @wizzer59 3 nights from 12th booked and paid no EHU Wants to mess about in the river so will bring his own arm bands.
29 @Hils and Glenns from 10th with EHU
Martin

Last edited:

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Spoilsport:LOL: I got a Honda scooter for mine(y)

Yes, but it's the thought that counts Martin and I thought he would like a ticket for the flower show for his birthday.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hello Jock, missed your post the other day but you know what, I am going to buy Chris a ticket for his birthday........:happy:
@Jenben. I can't possibly comment Carolyn, but I'm assuming you know your Chris well enough to know how much he'll apreciate such a gracious birthday present. :)

Cheers,

Jock. ;)

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi Martin @funflair

We've booked (and paid!) for the first 3 (from 10th) nights without ehu, we hope to extend but a possible relatives birthday on the Sunday may forestall that.

Would like 2 tickets for the flower show, have a transfer of 38.00 as per your post.

We are interested in having a play with canoes, will hopefully have the inflatable with us, must stress the word play though:)

Many thanks for all the organisation(y)

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
OK folks after a heart wrenching decision between Shrewsbury and Saltfleet i have finally made up my mind and have booked Thurs Fri and Sat night.....no hookup. Not sure till nearer the time whether I will be solo + dog....solo without dog or two + 2 dogs.... However am pretty sure will only want one flower show ticket ! Looking forward to my first visit to the show and meeting new people.

Brendan

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 25, 2012
Here there and everywhere
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Martin, finally got around to booking this.
Arrive on 10th for three nights, no electric.
No flower show tickets required.
Cheers,
Brendan

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Martin @funflair

We've booked (and paid!) for the first 3 (from 10th) nights without ehu, we hope to extend but a possible relatives birthday on the Sunday may forestall that.

Would like 2 tickets for the flower show, have a transfer of 38.00 as per your post.

We are interested in having a play with canoes, will hopefully have the inflatable with us, must stress the word play though:)

Many thanks for all the organisation(y)
Hi Neil and Jacqui

Will be good to see you again and you will have to show me a telemark turn(y)

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Martin, finally got around to booking this.
Arrive on 10th for three nights, no electric.
No flower show tickets required.
Cheers,
Brendan
Hi Brendan

Thanks for that, list updated.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
OK folks after a heart wrenching decision between Shrewsbury and Saltfleet i have finally made up my mind and have booked Thurs Fri and Sat night.....no hookup. Not sure till nearer the time whether I will be solo + dog....solo without dog or two + 2 dogs.... However am pretty sure will only want one flower show ticket ! Looking forward to my first visit to the show and meeting new people.
Hi Hilary

Thanks for choosing us hopefully we can meet your expectations, let me know if you want the flower show ticket.

Martin

adt

Mar 28, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Nuevo
Exp
Since 2016
Paid for 3 nights from the 10th with EHU.
Also sent payment via bank transfer for one ticket (ref MHF/adt)
Thanks !!!

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Question for those who have been before.....will I see it all in one day ?
Hi Hilary

You can see it all in one day but there are things going on in the ring as well, marching bands, falconry, etc etc and if you wanted to see any of that you could take two easily.

Martin

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
All sorted with the showground, didn't get to Jan, think I spoke to Jodie, but equally efficient :)(y)

Three nights committed 10th, 11th and 12th with EHU, :) either for heating or air con (y)(y)

They have confirmed we can add nights if wanted once there :)

I was never going to the flowers and am still available to dog sit for those that need or would like, but Bev has decided to stay at ours and knit and help with dogs :) so no show tickets required many thanks (y)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
All sorted with the showground, didn't get to Jan, think I spoke to Jodie, but equally efficient :)(y)

Three nights committed 10th, 11th and 12th with EHU, :) either for heating or air con (y)(y)

They have confirmed we can add nights if wanted once there :)

I was never going to the flowers and am still available to dog sit for those that need or would like, but Bev has decided to stay at ours and knit and help with dogs :) so no show tickets required many thanks (y)
Hi David and Bev

Thanks for letting us know and it will be good to see you again.

Thank's for the dog sitting offer I am sure some will be grateful.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back