Fitting Remis cab blinds (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2016
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato PVC
Exp
im a newbie
The Mr's treated the MH to a set of Remis blinds which arrived today. I planned on fitting them myself but having read the instructions it looks a lot more complicated than I thought - removing Rubber seals, drilling holes (eek) etc.

It's put me off doing it now so looking for someone/somewhere who can fit them locally Sheffield/Chesterfield area. What sort of cost for fitting by a bodyshop?

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
You are going to have to phone round to find someone. Most of the MH Dealers will want to supply and fit. It's also an unknown quantity it may take someone a couple of hours to sort out how to do it and then a days work doing it. Don't think it's that easy. You will also find that the sun visor does not fit flush with the window after they are fitted. If you have a rear view mirror fitted then you may find it gets in the way.

Good Luck

Upvote 0
Dec 22, 2013
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt low profile
Exp
since 2011
find someone who already has them fitted, have a good look at the installation and then consider whether if you are able to do the same

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Rutland Rover

Free Member
May 20, 2017
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I am a newbie
Try Continental Campers, at Tuxford. Ring Paul on ...07949 646781..
They are a small firm doing van conversions, they do also retro fit other things.They may or may not do it, but not that far from you and worth a call.They fitted them in mine as part of the conversion and made a good job.I have no problem with the visor or the mirror (which is actually the reversing camera).

Upvote 0
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
actually they are not difficult to fit after reading the instructions i kept putting the job off when i got started it took less than 2 hours to do the three theres only four screws to go in one each door the rest just slots in and two on the center bracket across the front

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bepto
Jul 29, 2016
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato PVC
Exp
im a newbie
actually they are not difficult to fit after reading the instructions i kept putting the job off when i got started it took less than 2 hours to do the three theres only four screws to go in one each door the rest just slots in and two on the center bracket across the front
Are the screws supplied? only opened one of the fronts as yet but didn't see any screws provided. Also do you have to drill any holes in the van? I am prepared to have a go at it just wary of doing any damage as I'm not that practical.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bepto
Jul 29, 2016
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato PVC
Exp
im a newbie
Try Continental Campers, at Tuxford. Ring Paul on ...07949 646781..
They are a small firm doing van conversions, they do also retro fit other things.They may or may not do it, but not that far from you and worth a call.They fitted them in mine as part of the conversion and made a good job.I have no problem with the visor or the mirror (which is actually the reversing camera).
Thanks for that, may give them a try if I decide not to do it myself, need a reverse camera fitted too if they supply & fit.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bepto
Jul 29, 2016
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato PVC
Exp
im a newbie
Update: I bit the bullet today and fitted them myself. Easier than I thought it would be TBH sides are a doddle -Fronts a bit fiddly and Instructions not that good but worked out fine in the end.

Upvote 0

Albi1

Free Member
Mar 3, 2015
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
One of my side blinds is broken, I've managed to order a replacement part but have no idea how to get the blind off the door to fix it. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of instructions.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bepto
Jul 29, 2016
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato PVC
Exp
im a newbie
Try this Remifront Installation Manual - Outdoor Bits

To get the side blind off, there is a remis logo on the top corner, this is a little plastic cover that is easily prized off, you will find a screw inside - remove this screw then ease the catches off that are around the top left, gentle pulling & prying should suffice, then lift the blind vertically to clear the holding bracket which is attached to the lower right of the door. The whole thing should now come off in one piece.

Upvote 0

Albi1

Free Member
Mar 3, 2015
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Thank you so much Bepto it sounds so easy. I was expecting it to be more involved than that. I'll give it a try in the morning.

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks Bepto. But the link you provided doesn't work for me.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bepto
Jul 29, 2016
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato PVC
Exp
im a newbie
The link didn't work for me either but grateful for the written instructions
Doesn't work for me either lol, thats what you get for not testing.

The guide posted by ccc is the one I got with my Remis blinds.

Upvote 0

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I fitted a set to our 2013 Peugeot boxer cab a couple of weeks back and it's a doddle, although I did find that the one screw that you need to fit to the door screens does come right on a rounded edge of the door frame so needs care that the drill does not wander off when drilling and you really do need this 90 degree screwdriver a attachment to fit the screw at the bottom of the windscreen the same as the one in the fitting instructions.

https://www.toolstation.com/shop/Po...s/sd2586/Offset+Screwdriver+Attachment/p41325

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back