Rally Chat First timer trip to Spain (1 Viewer)

Dazz

Free Member
Oct 10, 2019
South Wales Valleys
Funster No
MH
Ford Chaussonflash02
Exp
Hi all I’m planing my first trip abroad down to south of Spain next July me and wife and our 1 year old dog I have a ford Chausson 3 berth I’ve looked at Eurotunnel crossing as we can stay with dog in van it’s showing £228 at mom return but I need to also find out how to add dog also the route I’m not sure yet i have a Garmin Carper 770 I would like to go on a nice route down France with a few stop offs on sites and end up on a campsite I use to go as a kid called La Torre Del Sol just outside cambrills Salou area

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Good luck with your trip.
Be aware it's peak season so places can be busy.. Ref the campsite you mentioned.. I looked it up and the website does not state anything about camping pitches, just mobile homes etc.. So you may need another site.

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
You can add the dog when you go through the booking process online. I think you can only do this online, not if you book through one of the clubs. Your dog will need a passport - go to the DEFRA website to get full details. It will also need to wormed at a vets before coming back. Lots of vets in France who can do it. This Google map has details.
Not all dog foods are available so take a good supply of your dog’s food, also favourite treats.

Route will depend on where you intend to end up and how long you will be away. Use the Search box at the top of the page, type in Routes to Spain and lots of posts will come up. Also, looking at the France and Spain sections will give you ideas.

Have a look at the Campercontact website. It has lots of stopovers in France and Spain, including Aires and campsites. There is also an app, which can be used offline.

OP
OP
Dazz

Dazz

Free Member
Oct 10, 2019
South Wales Valleys
Funster No
MH
Ford Chaussonflash02
Exp
You can add the dog when you go through the booking process online. I think you can only do this online, not if you book through one of the clubs. Your dog will need a passport - go to the DEFRA website to get full details. It will also need to wormed at a vets before coming back. Lots of vets in France who can do it. This Google map has details.
Not all dog foods are available so take a good supply of your dog’s food, also favourite treats.

Route will depend on where you intend to end up and how long you will be away. Use the Search box at the top of the page, type in Routes to Spain and lots of posts will come up. Also, looking at the France and Spain sections will give you ideas.

Have a look at the Campercontact website. It has lots of stopovers in France and Spain, including Aires and campsites. There is also an app, which can be used offline.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
For a nice route down through France just put “no tolls“ in your sat nav settings it will take you through some lovely places, and use Campercontact for places to stay on the way down...

when I leave Calais I put Javea no tolls in my garmin camper760 and it takes me all the way.... I’m always in no hurry..?

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
And it will be very hot!
As theonlysue has already mentioned, it will likely be extremely hot.

Give some thought in advance to how you will both stay comfortable; and particularly remember your dog.

Most carry large and powerful fans with them for summer in Mediterranean Spain, if they don't have habitation a/c. Also silver screen for the front window. And consider which way to park, keeping fridge and screen out of direct sunlight if possible.

Good luck in any case.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
If you're dog is on wet food, it might be an idea to get used to dry food. Much easier and lighter to carry.

In a Pickle

Free Member
Oct 9, 2019
Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxlife LHD
Exp
Since 2001
I know I’m repeating what’s already been said but I can’t begin to tell you how hot it is inside a van in July in Southern Spain, we managed one year without it and then installed a Truma Aventa Compact Plus air con unit in our van. There is absolutely no way you can leave your dog in the van and it’s just so horribly uncomfortable, you can’t breathe. If I were you I’d reconsider coming to southern Spain in July. We get out of here and into the Pyrenees!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back