First post ever........please be gentle with me 😀 (1 Viewer)

Gingerbird

Free Member
Jan 4, 2020
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Good evening everyone . This is my first post on my first forum so please be gentle with me! 😄

My hubby and I had a master plan of taking the plunge, buying our first motorhome, taking a 12 month sabbatical and travelling around the UK and Europe. This plan was hatched way before Covid though, which has put a huge spanner 🔧 in the works for just about everybody and everything ☹️

We have decided that we are still going to get the motorhome 🚎, but the travel 🧳 will have to wait a while.

As a complete newbie I am hoping to learn lots and look forward to becoming part of the club 😀👍

I would like to ask my first official newbie question to see if anyone has any advice about buying an A class motorhome, specifically Burstner Viseo or Geist LMC? We are looking at models which are under 7m and have both a rear lounge and a separate dining area. Any advice on things to 👀 look out for? Any there known issues or problems which people have experienced?

Thanks in advance 😁

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Hello and welcome to the madhouse... We go gentle with all newbies ( for a little while at least)
Sorry can't help with your ,A class enquiry but rest assured someone will be along soon. Enjoy what ever you get.

Jul 10, 2018
Worcester(U.K)
Funster No
MH
Tamar Ducato160multi
Exp
Welcome and good luck with the search for Burstner Viseo or Geist LMC. Hope you have excellent adventures ahead.
dog-rottweiler-sticking-its-head-out-window-motorhome_130088-24.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Gingerbird

Gingerbird

Free Member
Jan 4, 2020
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Well it is a very small world 🌍 Stanbrook, Worcester is my hometown 😄

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
:pink:

My advice is to look at plenty of different motorhomes with different layouts. We have an A Class, which suits us but we rejected the ones with a rear lounge as being a waste of space.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Welcome, what I would say although not just related to the vans you mentioned but all you look at check your pay load you need enough capacity for carrying table chairs any hobby equipment you use etc. Then make sure you check for damp even newer vans can have it and you don't want that.
Use the search facility so much good information to be found there, and of course ask as many questions as you like.
w2f

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
Welcome and thanks for telling us a bit about your plans.
The best thing to do, in your situation, is trapes around all the motorhome sales yards, jump in and out of every van within your budget and external length and then, one day, you’ll walk into one and you’ll both say, ”This is the one!”. It’s like house-hunting. You just know when It’s the right one.
But, of course, after you’ve owned it for a few months you’ll realise there are certain things that annoy you or aren’t as important as you originally thought they would be. That’s why some people say, your third van is your Goldilocks van - just right.
Enjoy the hunt for the perfect van.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi GB
Welcome to the fun forum
You might want to check out Jim’s buyers guide (free to subscribers)
for some advice.

Aug 11, 2019
North Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 700
Exp
A newbie
We have just been through the same process. This forum is a mine of information. Well worth the subscription for Jim's buying guide which proved invaluable. We were just about to take off for our first trip to the Vosges and Jura using France Passion, but that has been postponed. Thinking of the Western Isles as Plan B.
There is no such thing as a stupid question. People on here are very helpful.

Nov 30, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B594PL
Exp
Since 2010
We were lucky enough to have camper friends, with lots of good advice to guide us when buying our first van. It helped us narrow down our must haves and like to haves, in terms of layout and build quality. Also, as has already been pointed out... payload capacity.

We kept our first, much loved van for five years, then upgraded to a very similar newer model. We, like you are governed by length. Had to be under 7metre.

Went for hymer A class, with a large garage to take a scooter.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Gingerbird & Welcome from Cornwall
We are currently on our 12th motorhome in just over 40 years , tried various layouts , personally don't like rear lounge as feel its its a waste of space (but each to his own) , we have had 2 A class's loved them but remember they are a little wider than the average coachbuilt ( now we live in Cornwall mostly narrow roads ) . research is critical & as most have said go in as many as you can around the dealers sit in them & imagine living in it , is there enoughwork space storage space etc & most important !! check the payload as most motorhomes come with small payloads ( not that I have ever been stopped & weighed)
Terry
1597565441377.png

Last edited:

Toby28

Free Member
Jun 26, 2019
Pembrokeshire. Wales
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Hi
Welcome. Your hometown isn't far from ours. Hereford.

Welcome, they are a great bunch on here...

Aug 17, 2012
Burton on Trent
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Winchcom
Exp
tenting,caravans,autotrail cheyenne,bolero, apache. and now Mercedes Autosleeper winchcombe
:pink:

My advice is to look at plenty of different motorhomes with different layouts. We have an A Class, which suits us but we rejected the ones with a rear lounge as being a waste of space.
Thats funny, i spend most of my time sitting down in mine, so i regard it an excellent use of space - do you stand up a lot in yours then ?

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I also welcome you. I envy you as well.

I presume you have a plan for post B (it has 5 more letters and rhymes with exit and we dont like to talk about it (much) as UK citizens are only likely to be allowed into Europe for 90 days in every rolling 180.

Fear not if you havent thought about it, as there other possible options to consider.

Again, welcome

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
You mind not want to be to rigid in what you want, there is no perfect motorhome. Most people trade in their first van as it’s not quite what they want. But other than that enjoy.

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Welcome

Hope your successful in finding a perfect motorhome (for yourselves)
Enjoy whatever, take as many opportunities you can to escape.
Be safe.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back