Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Arrived back in UK couple of days ago.
Waiting for me was a fine of £46 being a road toll we did not pay on the M50 just outside Dublin.
The initial charge was €3.50.
Thing is we did not leave UK until 15th Dec. Our trip to Ireland was months and months earlier. Wonder why it took so long for them to notify us to pay the missed toll charge???
Anyway, paid up straight away, not worth arguing about.
Point, can take a long time for them to notify you of a fine so did think you are clear.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Waiting for me was a fine of £46 being a road toll we did not pay on the M50 just outside Dublin.
Thing is we did not leave UK until 15th Dec. Our trip to Ireland was months and months earlier. Wonder why it took so long for them to notify us to pay the missed toll charge???
Point, can take a long time for them to notify you of a fine so did think you are clear.
Very annoying. Would there have been a reduction if you had been around to pay it sooner?

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Very annoying. Would there have been a reduction if you had been around to pay it sooner?
Yes, 3 letters waiting for me. Initial request was for £6 ? but not being here and late payment and all that stuff ended £46.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Yes, 3 letters waiting for me. Initial request was for £6 ? but not being here and late payment and all that stuff ended £46.
The £6 would have been a very reasonable request. As you say just annoying it didn't come when you were home

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
When we're away my FIL comes round and checks for mail etc so if anything important he can open it and he'll tell us about it when we ring. Doesn't anyone check your place when you're away?

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
When we're away my FIL comes round and checks for mail etc so if anything important he can open it and he'll tell us about it when we ring. Doesn't anyone check your place when you're away?
Yes, we have a lady that comes in twice a week but she does not open mail. Stacks it only.

Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
It's tricky that toll - not really clear which bit is toll and which isn't when they don't have pay gates. We just paid the toll in case . . . .

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Opening mail is a tricky one. Must admit we don’t have anyone local who we’d be happy opening our mail.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back