Fiat MH's fuel cut off switch great tip !!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 12, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Good morning to you all. What a beautiful day :cool: .

I was at a customers house yesterday they have a Malibu on a Fiat chassis. As we have a Hymer on the Fiat chassis he gave me a great tip. They hit a pothole last week and it cut the fuel off immediately. It is designed for accidents. Now he knew about this switch and was able to reset it by pressing a button, which on his van is under the footwell on the passenger side (NS). His engine is the 2.3, we have the 3.0, so just asking do you know if the 3.0 has this switch as well ?? I have looked in the same area but cant see it. If you do have one of these switches and now you know about it, it can save you hours being stuck on the side of the road waiting for breakdown to arrive. Hope this of use to some of you. :drinks:

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
The Ducato Series 8/9 handbook says
“Reset procedure In case of a minor collision, simply turn the key to STOP and then restart. In the event of a major collision, you must call for assistance, as restarting the vehicle is not possible.”

Upvote 0
Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
GeoffnDee, thanks for the quick response. I think I have found it, also on the left hand side. It has a large rubber button with what looks like a small LED next to it. I've attached a picture, can you confirm that I have the right unit. Also, good information from the original poster which could be useful for people in the future. Pete. View attachment 897476
The cut out switch is not shown in the photo that I can see , but it is just past the far left of the photo shown , about 5" up from the floor , in the corner , on the far left edge of the trim shelf shown . There is a small section cut out of the trim for access

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jan 21, 2015
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
Lo-line Coachbuilt
Exp
Just Starting Fifth Year
The cut out switch is not shown in the photo that I can see , but it is just past the far left of the photo shown , about 5" up from the floor , in the corner , on the far left edge of the trim shelf shown . There is a small section cut out of the trim for access
Thanks for the new info. I have found it now. It must be a bit of a bind for anyone with an A class. Once again thanks for your help. Pete.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Anjistar

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2020
South West
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
2 months in 2017, continually since October 2020
Does anyone reckon it would be useful to have a resource on this? Could people take photos and/or do a short description to add to a file? Then people can be pointed to that with any query about the cut off switch.

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Here's mine, x244 2003 Ducato

On the bulkhead next to the cab battery

My Inertia Switch .jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Dec 31, 2017
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
I think all vehicle for about the last 30 or 40 years have them. It should tell you in the handbook where it but often in A Class vans they move them.
Not sure that the 2022/2023 Fiat Ducatio’s have them Lenny, I certainly couldn’t find mine in the L/H footwell

Upvote 0
Aug 9, 2019
Not so sunny Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Benimar T486
Hmm. Prompted me to look in the manual for my 2019 Ford Transit based Benimar. A moderate to severe crash will shut off the fuel pump. No reset button, just a sequence using the Ignition Switch: 1. Switch off, 2. Switch the ignition to position III, 3. Switch off, 4. Switch on again to enable the fuel pump.

Upvote 0
Nov 2, 2022
Gloucestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Eliseo C602
Exp
Since 2016
This from our Handbook for 2023 Ducato:

FUEL CUT-OFF
SYSTEM
This intervenes in the case of a collision
causing:
the interruption of the fuel supply with
the engine consequently cutting out;
automatic unlocking of the doors;
turning on the lights inside the car;
deactivation of climate control system
ventilation;
switching on the emergency lights
(to disable the lights, run the “reset”
procedure as shown below).
On some versions, the intervention of
the system is indicated by a message
shown on the display. In the same way,
a dedicated message on the display
warns the driver if system operation is
compromised.
WARNING Check carefully for fuel
leaks, for instance in the engine
compartment, under the vehicle or near
the tank area.
After a collision, bring the ignition
device to STOP to prevent the battery
from running down.
Reset procedure; In case of a minor
collision, simply turn the key to STOP
and then restart. In the event of a major
collision, you must call for assistance,
as restarting the vehicle is not possible.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back