Fiat extended warranty (1 Viewer)

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
I see the cost has now increased to just under £1k! Wasn't going to bother but then got nervous about all the challenges the manufacturers have had getting components and sourcing elsewhere, fully digital dashboards, new auto gear boxes etc but thinking again at that price and might do my usual tactic of self insuring with a reserve fund.Difficult one though

Aug 6, 2020
North Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2014
I was thinking the same - I thought it was about £700 not long ago and increased to £800 which I thought was still just about OK for 3 extra years but going up again to near £1k is an absolute joke! Think I'll give it a miss when my van eventually appears ...

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Purchased mine in 2019 new. Replaced the air bag module and an oil level sensor under warranty that has more than recovered the initial cost.

Main reason for taking out cover was reading about Comfortmatic issues, touch wood, I've had zero problems to date.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
I see the cost has now increased to just under £1k! Wasn't going to bother but then got nervous about all the challenges the manufacturers have had getting components and sourcing elsewhere, fully digital dashboards, new auto gear boxes etc but thinking again at that price and might do my usual tactic of self insuring with a reserve fund.Difficult one though
You only need one claim nd you have your money back everything has gone up in price so no surprise the extended warranty has.

Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
It has gone up significantly since I bought mine back in December, but so have repairs.
For the peace of mind and European breakdown cover I'd still pay it. Bought mine through my local Fiat Proffesional dealership. Remember you have a short time window after first registration to do it.

Dec 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
It has gone up significantly since I bought mine back in December, but so have repairs.
For the peace of mind and European breakdown cover I'd still pay it. Bought mine through my local Fiat Proffesional dealership. Remember you have a short time window after first registration to do it.
For info, I contacted Fiat to purchase the extended warranty but due to delays with registration at dvla may have missed the 14 day deadline (registration has been at dvla for more than 14 days ) Fiat have told me that the window to purchase the extended warranty is being extended to 21 months. This seems a more reasonable timeframe - yet to see anything in writing yet!

Apr 20, 2020
Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC.
Exp
Since 2017
For info, I contacted Fiat to purchase the extended warranty but due to delays with registration at dvla may have missed the 14 day deadline
In our case we were able to purchase the extended warranty within 14 days of it being registered with Fiat, which was over a month after the date of first registration with the DVLA. Others have not been able to do this but we had no issues.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
For info, I contacted Fiat to purchase the extended warranty but due to delays with registration at dvla may have missed the 14 day deadline (registration has been at dvla for more than 14 days ) Fiat have told me that the window to purchase the extended warranty is being extended to 21 months. This seems a more reasonable timeframe - yet to see anything in writing yet!
In our case we were able to purchase the extended warranty within 14 days of it being registered with Fiat, which was over a month after the date of first registration with the DVLA. Others have not been able to do this but we had no issues.
From recollection its from the date of sale not registration. Dealers get confused......ours certainly did claiming it was down to Hymer then DVLA when all it was was date of sale. For us Fiat Professional Camper helped sort the mess and Simon at Adams Morey is an absolute star in understanding about this.

Dec 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
From recollection its from the date of sale not registration. Dealers get confused......ours certainly did claiming it was down to Hymer then DVLA when all it was was date of sale. For us Fiat Professional Camper helped sort the mess and Simon at Adams Morey is an absolute star in understanding about this.
Fiat would not register mine as it is not on the DVLA database.

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
I was thinking the same - I thought it was about £700 not long ago and increased to £800 which I thought was still just about OK for 3 extra years but going up again to near £1k is an absolute joke! Think I'll give it a miss when my van eventually appears ...
So you’d have paid £700 but not £1000.
£100 extra a year 🤔

A temp sender would be that.

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
We purchased our extended warranty 2 months after it had been registered. Spoke to a lady in Albania who sorted it out.

Jul 5, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO I728G
Exp
Ex tugger
These were the prices in 2019 £866.66 so £1k 4 years later extra £133.34 or about £33 a year more
1694090191855.png

Aug 6, 2020
North Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2014
So you’d have paid £700 but not £1000.
£100 extra a year 🤔

A temp sender would be that.
Just the thought of percentage increase over a short time frame! Yes that's only £100 a year on top of the £233 a year - upfront, on top of the £££££ purchase price on top of the ££££ extras! That £100 a year might pay for that stupid adblu stuff 😉
Ridiculous that a European built van but purchased In the UK has only 2 years warranty compared to UKbuilt vans 3 years 😡 Yes, I knew when I ordered but that doesn't make it right.
Gripe done!

Last edited:

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Fiat would not register mine as it is not on the DVLA database.
The DVLA is a dealer issue, the DVLA come in for a lot of stick I just changed the reg on one of my cars on line the new reg was applied immediately and the new V5 came 2 days later.

Fiat will probably see the vehicle as not sold until it’s registered. If it’s not registered you may if you have not already done so speak with the service manager Simon at Adams Morey Southampton he may be able to help on both fronts and get you the extended warranty

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
Ridiculous that a European built van but purchased In the UK has only 2 years warranty compared to UKbuilt vans 3 years 😡 Yes, I knew when I ordered but that doesn't make it right.
I thought the 3rd year was something set up and offered by Fiat UK dealers. Not sure it is all UK built vans just the ones where the base vehicle has been sourced through a UK dealer. Well done to the UK Fiat dealers but not really something the UK/European motorhome manufacturers have much to do with.

Suenliam

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 14, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion CV40
Exp
20+
Simon at Adams Moray Southampton is to be worshiped. I got his details from my campervan model Facebook page. He was so helpful and although there was nothing in it for him he processed our application so willingly.

We have absolutely no mechanical knowledge or interest so purchase of the warranty was a no brainer for us.
Sue

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
Simon at Adams Moray Southampton is to be worshiped. I got his details from my campervan model Facebook page. He was so helpful and although there was nothing in it for him he processed our application so willingly.

We have absolutely no mechanical knowledge or interest so purchase of the warranty was a no brainer for us.
Sue
I thought Simon was based at Portsmouth not Southampton. Perhaps there are 2 Simons.

Suenliam

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 14, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion CV40
Exp
20+
When you are from Scotland, Portsmouth and Southampton are just about the same although no when getting the ferry🤭🤭🤭
Sue

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back