Excellent service from Schaudt (1 Viewer)

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
For those with a Schaudt-equipped motorhome, I thought it might be worth recording my positive experience of dealing with the company.
I have a 2003 Hymer with a Schaudt Elektroblok (EBL99 F) and a solar panel that feeds in via a Schaudt LR1218 regulator direct to the EBL.
The original Hymer installation included a Truma Ex-Eis defrosting system for the LPG regulator but I had to change the regulator some time ago and the original Truma system is no longer available. This left me with a redundant LPG control switch on the cabinet next to the passenger (right-hand side in my case). I decided to change the Truma switch for a 12V DIN socket (the original cable being more than capable of carrying the required current). At the same time, I wanted to tidy up the cabling to the satellite dome and a DIN socket used for the TV. Both of these are presently wired direct from the battery but that means the EBL is not able to monitor the current used. I wanted to take a feed direct from the EBL.

So, I traced back the source of the cable from the redundant Truma switch to find it was fed from Block 5 on the EBL. For those who have not explored that far, connections are made to EBLs using Molex MNL blocks that contain male and female pin connectors. I needed to know which pin positions I could use for what. At this point I emailed Udo Lang at Schaudt (who has given me helpful advice in the past) asking him how to go about the task. He has been extremely helpful, providing me with EBL circuit diagrams and a 'personalised' circuit diagram showing which circuits on the MNL blocks are live when the 12V control panel switch is on and which circuits are permanently live when the EBL main switch is on, even when the control panel switch is off. It transpired that the Truma Ex-Eis circuit was one of the latter. Each time I had another question, Udo emailed back the answer within a day.
Having completed the installation of a new DIN socket in place of the Truma switch, I needed MNL pins for stage 2 of the modifications but having searched around, I could see that there were different specifications. Back to Udo Lang who offered to supply them direct and put me in touch with a colleague who runs admin for the spares department. Ten pins were in the post to me before my € note had reached them (yes I probably could have bought cheaper on Ebay - but I wanted to be sure of the correct spec.).

In my view the Schaudt team could not have been more helpful in guiding me through the process.

So now I just want a bit of warmer weather to get under the van and run a new cable from the EBL back to the under-settee area and connect it to the TV socket and satellite dome.

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Can you supply the email address of Mr Udo Lang at Schaudt please as I have a big Schaudt Elektroblok and good for future ref for myself and others on here, Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Thank you, we only have wiring diagrams in german, this will be very helpful, knowing who to contact.

Cheers

OP
OP
JeanLuc

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
The wiring diagram is in German. I sat for some time with Photoshop amending my Hymer wiring diagram. I have not bothered to translate the EBL diagram as it's fairly self-explanatory.

******* Apologies - I have just read the English EBL99 manual again and the circuit diagram is annotated in English.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Thanks, both of you, that's brilliant - even better I can zoom in!

When we had a problem getting ready last week and I'd forgotten my specs , I sat with a magnifying glass trying to read the instructions for the control panel. Our copy has 4 pages to 1 A4 page, not easy.

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
I had a minor fault on the Schaudt control panel. I tried Atlantic Caravan services, who first said they could do the repair and then said no.
I contacted Udo by email, and in 8 days the panel was repaired and back in the motorhome. All for 80 euro. Atlantic quoted £75 plus postage.
Fantastic service.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
JeanLuc

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks, both of you, that's brilliant - even better I can zoom in!

When we had a problem getting ready last week and I'd forgotten my specs , I sat with a magnifying glass trying to read the instructions for the control panel. Our copy has 4 pages to 1 A4 page, not easy.

If you are looking for other Schaudt manuals (e.g. the control panel above the door), here is the download page of their website. It is in German but scroll down the page and select what you need from the drop-down box marked 'Merkmale/Kategorie'. This will filter the results then click the black box to its right. The documents are listed by product with different language options where available.
Broken Link Removed

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
If you are looking for other Schaudt manuals (e.g. the control panel above the door), here is the download page of their website. It is in German but scroll down the page and select what you need from the drop-down box marked 'Merkmale/Kategorie'. This will filter the results then click the black box to its right. The documents are listed by product with different language options where available.
Broken Link Removed
Thanks again, that's great to know.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I agree Udo Lang is very helpfull. When I had trouble with installing my 1218 solar regulator, he sorted my problem with quick responses to emails.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back