Ever been broken into on a CMC site? (1 Viewer)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Friends of ours had their newish caravan stolen from a CL, whilst they were in town with the car. :(
When we are with them, and using the bus, I encourage them to park their car right across the front of the caravan A Frame.
Their previous caravan was stolen from their chosen storage site, and towed across a ploughed field, never to be seen again. :(

If the scrotes want it (whatever it is you own) that bad, they'll take it, but the harder you make it for them, the more likely they are to move on to an easier target. ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Evening all, Iā€™m looking at upgrading security on my motorhome, before I do, I would like to pose the question to you all....

Has your motorhome been broken into on a managed UK site such as a CMC site?

I know some of you swear by spending hundreds of pounds on security, and some of you choose to leave your door unlocked so as not cause damage. Just be interesting to get feel for actual numbers rather than companies marketing.

Thanks in advance for all your comments
Its probably not the CMC site you need to worry about.....which for most is only a small % of time in the year (unless your full time). its theft of the vehicle so yes its worth securing your MoHo

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Not myself but a couple next to us had their awning slit open and stuff taken during the night. They had got in over the wall at Bristol cc club site. The gate was locked every night leading to the riverside . The warden came round in the morning to earn us not to leave anything unlocked.

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
No.
But I do recall lots of warning notices at Clumber Park about bike thefts being an issue - they even provided a secure bike shed...
Our friends had their mountain bikes stripped in broad daylight . Only been there a couple of hours .only thing left was the frames that were chained to the fence ...

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
YES!
We were broken into, broke out the side hab window and took iPads, Kindles, Nintendo game console, brand new Berghaus coat and left a mess of upturned stuff, went thru all my cooking tins so floss etc everywhere!
That happened on a CL!
5D469A66-19D5-474D-A6B8-82F47CAD197B.jpeg
83C0C8B4-0BB2-476C-BFE1-25B9AF5DA39B.jpeg

We have a Strikeback alarm now and a secret place for valuables!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 23, 2020
Lytham St Anneā€™s
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 231
Exp
YES!
We were broken into, broke out the side hab window and took iPads, Kindles, Nintendo game console, brand new Berghaus coat and left a mess of upturned stuff, went thru all my cooking tins so floss etc everywhere!
That happened on a CL!
View attachment 407487View attachment 407488

We have a Strikeback alarm now and a secret place for valuables!
Sorry and enraged to hear this. I must say though, that boarding is a piece of art! šŸ‘

Jul 26, 2017
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 125
Exp
Since 2016
At Clumber Park. Bike theft has clearly been a problem here. None stolen since locked bike storage has been installed. Tricky to charge ebikes though. Need to keep an eye on them. Sending wife outside with a shotgun to stand guard.

I had a bike stolen from Teversal club site. Annoying

Aug 10, 2012
Worthing.West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Empty Nest
Exp
Since 1972
Some years ago the caravan on an adjacent pitch was stolen overnight at Blackmore Camping Club site.
The warden came and asked if we had heard anything-which we hadn't.
He was puzzled as the gates were locked until 7.30am.
They had left all the bits and pieces, levelling blocks etc, around the pitch.
Think it was a "season" pitch- so van not occupied and no campers kidnapped.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 9, 2018
Funster No
No, but always lock up and set the alarm when not in and partially set the alarm at night to cover the garage and all doors.

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
Got close on a CAMC site (Stover) a while ago. I had left a very nice camping table under the windout and discreetly attached our VanBitz alarm cable. About 0200 hrs the alarm went off I shot out of bed and Dorset Lady nearly had a whoops moment :Eeek::giggle:. Annoyingly by the time I was out all I saw was two people legging it across the site and our table abandoned on its side.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back