Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Hi,
Sorry, can you please take me off of the list, I'm unable to make it now.
Hope you all have a fab time (y)

Muriel

Free Member
Oct 5, 2016
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Very sorry, please can you take me off the list as unfortunately I can no longer make it.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hi ya we shall be in Scotland doing the Orkney meet so don't think we will be back in time for this meet now so don't want to take a place up incase you are limiting places can you take us of list please x Kate

OP
OP
Clewsy

Clewsy

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2014
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin
Exp
since June 2014
Updated list:
  1. Clewsy
  2. Cruiser
  3. DuxDelux
  4. icantremember
  5. PeterC10
  6. Stagman (EHU)
  7. Scousebird (EH)
  8. Shunter (EHU)
  9. TheCaller (maybe)
  10. Rekerly
  11. Jimbohorlicks
  12. roncab
  13. aldenise
  14. daveandsan
  15. petethemover
  16. jo-ca (maybe)
  17. ludo (EHU)
  18. Whitebirdyman (leaving Thursday)
  19. Humsafer (EHU)
  20. Dawn B
  21. Hyacinth 1
  22. Neilfg
  23. Khizzie
More details to follow in a few months.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Clewsy

Clewsy

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2014
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin
Exp
since June 2014
On the first request (take you off the list) - done.
On the second request (don't get drunk) - much more difficult than taking you off the list!

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
sorry but i may have missed this somewhere. Are there any facilities at this site? Just thinking elsan point, grey waste disposal and fresh water take on.
We may go to Norfolk show from here and its such a faff finding the water standpipes when you get there and would be much easier to leave here loaded and 'unloaded'

Not sure our grey water tank will hold a weeks worth of water and wouldnt want it to in warm July

Many thanks
@Clewsy

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Hi stagman I can answer this for you as we have used this site several times.
yes there are facilities but not the fancy drive over stuff it is basically a feild with some electic hook up points then there is a smaller neater feild next door this is the tent field & contains what look like old trailers that have been converted in to male & female showers & toilet blocks these are excellent showers.
the field does have stand pipes but you will have to cart your waste over to the shower block for disposal.
the toilets are however seperate to the purpose built shower blocks beacause the rent the site out for several festivals.
never the less they are always clean & tidy & the showers are hot hot hot.

hope this helps & its a shame i cant join you but as its a short drive I might pop in to say hi as my mates are going.......

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Hi stagman I can answer this for you as we have used this site several times.
yes there are facilities but not the fancy drive over stuff it is basically a feild with some electic hook up points then there is a smaller neater feild next door this is the tent field & contains what look like old trailers that have been converted in to male & female showers & toilet blocks these are excellent showers.
the field does have stand pipes but you will have to cart your waste over to the shower block for disposal.
the toilets are however seperate to the purpose built shower blocks beacause the rent the site out for several festivals.
never the less they are always clean & tidy & the showers are hot hot hot.

hope this helps & its a shame i cant join you but as its a short drive I might pop in to say hi as my mates are going.......

Thank you @RS_rob . I did look at the campsite review and saw yours(y)
Am i presuming correctly people dispose of their black waste in toilet block in the absence of a CDP?

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Thank you @RS_rob . I did look at the campsite review and saw yours(y)
Am i presuming correctly people dispose of their black waste in toilet block in the absence of a CDP?

There is a purpose built waste discharge point just outside the toilet block with a tap for rinsing same as you will find on all campsites, motorhomers/caravanners will carry there tank over whilst RV's will either need a tank to empty into 1st or a long enough hose to reach but then I assume RV'S have a much larger tank & can go longer than us motorhomers (y)

Thurther just looked on google maps to refresh my memory & RV'vs wont be able to discharge unless you have a very very long pipe :cool:

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
There is a purpose built waste discharge point just outside the toilet block with a tap for rinsing same as you will find on all campsites, motorhomers/caravanners will carry there tank over whilst RV's will either need a tank to empty into 1st or a long enough hose to reach but then I assume RV'S have a much larger tank & can go longer than us motorhomers (y)

Thurther just looked on google maps to refresh my memory & RV'vs wont be able to discharge unless you have a very very long pipe :cool:
Cheers @RS_rob

OP
OP
Clewsy

Clewsy

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2014
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin
Exp
since June 2014
A quick update:

• Distillery tours & tasting booked for 1:00 pm on Wednesday 19th July - cost is £8.50
  • Dinner is booked for 7:00pm on Thursday 20th July - Given our numbers the Angel has asked us to pre order. You can see the menu on the following link http://www.angel-larling.co.uk/main-menu. I don't need your orders now but I will contact you approx. 2 weeks before the meet for your order
Latest list of attendees is:
@Clewsy
@DuxDelux
@icantremember
@peterc10
@Stagman
@scousebird
@shunter
@TheCaller
@REKERLY
@Jimbohorlicks
@roncab
@petethemover
@jo-ca
@ludo
@Whitebirdyman
@Humsafer
@Dawn B
@Hyacinth 1
@Neilfg
@Khizzie

My thanks to @RS_rob for answering @TheCaller questions. We have been travelling south for the last few days and have only just logged in again. We are currently at Parc Verger (@Parcverger) - what a great place to visit - highly recommended.

See you all in July.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
My thanks to @RS_rob for answering @TheCaller questions.
What? I don't think I have asked any questions.

I wasn't even aware that I was on the list for this meet. I will be in Scotland in mid-July, possibly sampling whisky on home turf, so to speak, while this meet is happening. Would you take me off the list please?

Have a good time, one & all.

OP
OP
Clewsy

Clewsy

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2014
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin
Exp
since June 2014
@TheCaller - My apologies, they were Stagmans questions.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I wasn't even aware that I was on the list for this meet. I will be in Scotland in mid-July, possibly sampling whisky on home turf, so to speak, while this meet is happening. Would you take me off the list please?
Simon, I think you expressed an interest at last September's railway meet where the idea was hatched.

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Looking forward to it so very much!(y)

It will just be me (not Catherine) for the whisky tasting.

Afraid we wont be having the meal as we will be heading over to the motorhome show on the thursday. We cant leave muttley in the van for that long anyway :(

Thank you so much for organising

John

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Simon, I think you expressed an interest at last September's railway meet where the idea was hatched.
I did, but I also said in November that we were very unlikely to be able to attend. I hadn't realised that I was still on the list. I certainly wouldn't want anyone to be shuffled onto a reserve list because we were still on the main list.

If the weather in Scotland & the North West has been foul & if the sun shines on Norfolk & if work looks quiet that week & if I've got any cash left & if the meet isn't full, I might make a last minute dash down country & join you all. That's a lot of 'if's & the only one I'd give decent odds on is the first one. I know I can trust you not to drink my share - in fact I'll look forward to helping you sample your purchases when we meet up at Misterton on the weekend following this meet - I'll let you know if you have chosen wisely. :D (That's if I make it onto the main list for that one. :unsure:)

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2009
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Atoutrial tracker
Exp
Since 2004
So sorry due to family commitments we have to withdraw from this meet. Hope you all have wonderful time .

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun