Eco flow solar panel. (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
?

Deleted User
Hi we have an eco flow delta 2 along with a portable eco flow 220w bifacial solar panel, my question is can you use the eco flow solar panel to charge the leisure battery installed in our motorhome ? or do they only charge the delta 2

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
As far as I know they are a pretty bog standard solar panel. The solar input on the delta is also used by the 12v input so must be of a similar voltage (probably around 20v or so) you will need a regulator though as the regulator is built into the delta2 so can't be used for your leisure batteries. Although it could probably be done there are certainly more practical ways of charging your batteries.

OP
OP
?

Deleted User
Thanks for your info, we are about to get solar installed on the motorhome also, I just wondered if this was a possibility. We currently have 2 x 110ah lead acid batteries with an 1800w inverter which was already in the motorhome when we bought it. We are looking to go full time in the next 2 years so realistically how much solar would we need to keep these 2 batteries charged up. I understand that it depends on how much electric you use and how much sun etc, just wondered if anyone living full time could advise on our needs to be off grid for 4-5 days at a time. we generally use the delta 2 for all our phones, laptops, gadgets etc. Would 2 x 200w solar panels be enough? also looking to change inverter to a 3000w.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Hi we have an eco flow delta 2 along with a portable eco flow 220w bifacial solar panel, my question is can you use the eco flow solar panel to charge the leisure battery installed in our motorhome ? or do they only charge the delta 2
Yes ,you just need a compatible connection as the panel cables will be fitted with a plug that suits the ecoflow unit. But you will also need a separate controller for your battery as the ecoflow unit probably has one built in to the storage unit.
If your installing solar with 2 x 110ah batteries you would be better with 2 x100w panels as a minimum. But rather than lead batteries why don't you look at lithium, your ecoflow system is lithium also., or at least buy a controller that is lithium compatible and you could always use that for your ecoflow.

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
What do you use your current inverter for and what are looking at using your new one for and how much as most will say your 2 lead acid batteries won't last long with a big draw and in life if its frequent

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back