Easter 2014 At Chester Food Festival (1 Viewer)

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
There is O2 free wifi on the racecourse.
Very good it is too.

Late last night, when there wouldn't have been much contention, I watched the GP Qualifying on iPlayer with no problem. I might watch the race highlights later on when all good funsters have gone to bed.

While the race was on telly 'live' this afternoon (ok, it was a highlights show) I was up at Alexander's with a few others listening to a bit of trad jazz. I don't really know who the band were, but the bass player was 'Count' John McCormick, who some may remember as the bass player for the Spinners in the 70s.

If you aren't happy with O2's restrictions on what you can do or with their privacy policy, there is also a BTWifi-with-FON that has a usable signal for an iBoost or similar. The signal's not bad, but either the user has set his shared bandwidth very low, or a lot of people were trying to use it, because the effective speed is a reminder of what dial-up used to be like!

acdcdave

Deceased RIP
Oct 23, 2008
Funster No
Thanks for a great meet

Home safe and made Sunday lunch for visiting dauughter and son in law.
We had a great weekend and it was lovely to see so many friends again and meet new ones.

Thank you to Jim, Sian,Carol, Eddy ,Pam and Brisey, the marshals, and all those who worked so hard to ensure we had a hitch free time.
Lucille and Dave
Staging Lady
ACDC Dave

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Just had a great couple of hours in a tent without a roof:roflmto: Started rainng so just moved into a warm and cozy van.

I must say that last night, I couldn't hear my genny for all the singing::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
If you aren't happy with O2's restrictions on what you can do or with their privacy policy, there is also a BTWifi-with-FON that has a usable signal for an iBoost or similar. The signal's not bad, but either the user has set his shared bandwidth very low, or a lot of people were trying to use it, because the effective speed is a reminder of what dial-up used to be like!
I've been hooked up to BT WiFi/FON since Thursday with 83% - 89% signal strength, and it's been whizzing along. I've been able to watch the odd YouTube clip without any delays, and bring up websites instantly. :thumb:

I'm using a booster very similar to >>this one<<, but I paid quite a bit more than that for it. :whatthe:

The sun is up again, but it's going home day today. :Sad:

Cheers for now,

Jock.

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
A Big Thank-you Is Due To Jim & Siân, and their team of marshalls/helpers Carol & Eddie, Cath & John & Pam & Brian, for all their hard work which went into making the rally a really great weekend, we had a lovely time and enjoyed meeting up with friends old and new, what a fab bunch of people the funsters are, next stop Peterborough can't wait :Smile:

see you all soon

Sue & Eric :thumb:

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
Many thanks to all involved. This was our first meet and we thoroughly enjoyed the "craic".
We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when....
Oh yes! Thursday in Peterborough.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
We got home at around 13.30, but have been busy busy busy. :Smile:
The MH is ready now for it's journey to P'boro on Thursday, all 12.9 miles of it. :roflmto:

Many thanks to Sian & Jim, Carol & Eddie, Pam & Brian, and Kath & John, (and others who lent a hand) for all their hard work over the weekend. It is always much appreciated. :thumb:

See you all later in the week. :Smile:

Cheers for now,

Jock & Rita. :Smile:

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
Big thanks

What a great weekend! Thanks to Jim and Sian, Pam and Brian, Carol and Eddie, John and Kath for making it a memorable weekend.
Also Wetherspoons, The Boot, The Bear and Billet and the chip shop for the great chips and curry sauce::bigsmile:

acdcdave

Deceased RIP
Oct 23, 2008
Funster No
Thanks & Subs

Hi Jim

Thanks for running Chester again and nice to see some old faces and meet some new ones. Have just bought the £25 deal which I assume will include Lucille who is currently read only and I would like Fun world to suffer what I have to put up with!! Hope to see you guys later in the summer somewhere in the UK.

Very best regards, Dave

mto

Free Member
Aug 31, 2013
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
a newbie
Many thanks to Jim, Sian and all the others who helped organise and run this rally and all of those who took the time to make us feel so welcome.
This was our first rally with Motorhome Fun and we were not quite sure what to expect but, despite THEGENERATOR, we had a fantastic weekend and hope to meet up with all of you again soon.
Malcolm and Joan Oliver (mto)

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Huge thanks to everyone who made Chester happen.
Brilliant weekend with a great crowd.
Hope you all enjoy Peterborough, and have a drink for us :cry:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi guys, back safe and sound,

Massive thanks to Jim Sian Brisey Pam Kath John (the best marshall in the world :ROFLMAO:)

And every other funster that turned up and made this a great weekend. I would also like to thank those that attended my 30th Birthday party on Saturday night. I know it was 15 years later than planned, but it was a great time....

Tara, is off to sleep the rest of the weekend having been champered this afternoon by Ians sausages.

Have a great time at Peterborough those going, Ill think of you whilst having a more healthy Marathon weekend. :Cool:

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
Easter 2014 At Chester

well just got home another great weekend away thanks to all the marshalls... and also the bacon butties on sunday were a good hangover cure and thanks to desparate dan the fireman for putting the fire out still pmsl over that,and haggers birthday bash went to plan ?

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks for a great meet all. Nice to catch up with old friends and to meet new Funsters.

Had a great time and discovered Crabbies Ginger Beer curtesy of the food festival.

Looking forward to Peterborough.

Sonja

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Last to leave

We are home, and were the last to leave, good time was had, especially on the sunny days

Many thanks to all those that made it happen, this was our first meet and although we, like many others, had the disappointment of separation, due to the balls up by the site (re electrics), it was a good introduction to what goes on at meets

Amazing how few we actually got to speak to over the weekend, so we need to do another soon

Till then thanks again :thumb:

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
We are home, and were the last to leave, good time was had, especially on the sunny days

Many thanks to all those that made it happen, this was our first meet and although we, like many others, had the disappointment of separation, due to the balls up by the site (re electrics), it was a good introduction to what goes on at meets

[HI]Amazing how few we actually got to speak to over the weekend,[/HI] so we need to do another soon

Till then thanks again :thumb:
We also found this to be the case. But have made good friends of the people we did meet.

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Our first funster meet too - and a taste of things to come so I'm told!!!
Great to put faces to a few names - will continue at Peterborough !

Thanks to all those involved !!!:thumb:

Note to self - need a bigger bottle bin :Eeek:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Our first funster meet too - and a taste of things to come so I'm told!!!
Great to put faces to a few names - will continue at Peterborough !

Thanks to all those involved !!!:thumb:

Note to self - need a bigger bottle bin :Eeek:

omg not more riffraff at peterborough :Smile:

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
thanks to all those who made this a great meet for me. If it hadn't been for the Boot I might even remember your names :Blush:

Boater

Free Member
Oct 6, 2010
Bridgend s.wales
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Chester

Got home yesterday about 3pm would like to say thank you to you all for your warm welcome and friendliness we both wish we had planed it better and and come to Peterborough with you :cry: but I am working tomorrow night :Eeek: we plan on going to carmathen so maybe see a few of you there have a great time in Peterborough see you soon ceri and carol (boater).

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
A big thank you to Jim, his good lady, the marshalls and everyone else who made Chester a great weekend once again. A super time had by all.

Skeggysue

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Skegness, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic XL
Exp
Since 2004
Got home yesterday about 3pm would like to say thank you to you all for your warm welcome and friendliness we both wish we had planed it better and and come to Peterborough with you :cry: but I am working tomorrow night :Eeek: we plan on going to carmathen so maybe see a few of you there have a great time in Peterborough see you soon ceri and carol (boater).

Was nice to meet you both and your little dog. Hope he enjoyed his treats?

We're off go Peterborough with my brother but we haven't booked so will be staying on the general camping area.

Hope to see you again in the future and like you. we enjoyed our first Funster rally even though we were shoved in the "naughty corner!" :D

Sue & Gilbert

Skeggysue

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Skegness, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic XL
Exp
Since 2004

Was nice to meet you both and your little dog. Hope he enjoyed his treats?

We're off go Peterborough with my brother but we haven't booked so will be staying on the general camping area.

Hope to see you again in the future and like you. we enjoyed our first Funster rally even though we were shoved in the "naughty corner!" ::bigsmile:

Sue & Gilbert

Oct 24, 2013
Nantwich. Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
6yrs ish!
What a great first outing with motorhome. Thanks to Jim, Sian. & everyone who made our trip memorable. What an amazing bunch of friendly, informative people. Thanks to you all. Will be there next year. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

panda

Free Member
Dec 16, 2011
notts
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1996
Thanks to everyone for another lovely meet, and we'll hope to see you all again at Newbury. Sue, it was'nt the naughty corner c'os we were there and we're ever so good !!!! :ROFLMAO: Ann and Mick

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back