Easter 2014 At Chester Food Festival (1 Viewer)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Even my solar panels are quiet now it's dark :ROFLMAO:
Mine are starting to get noisy again. :roflmto: I'm blooming glad I'm nowhere near a generator, leccy or not. :winky:

After a cold day yesterday here at Chester, the sun is shining gloriously in the clear blue sky. Bring it on. :thumb:

Cheers,

Jock.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
chester

8am 2.5 amps going in with silent genny :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
sorry i couldnt make it but never fear me genny will be going full blast at Peterborough :ROFLMAO:

1Oll

Free Member
Jan 12, 2010
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class (German B Class!)
Exp
6+ years
Beverly Hilllbillies

ust a note of apology. We will arrive at Chester looking like Hillbillies. We set out on Monday, intending to go to Chester via Aberdovey and Harlech. Intending to see friends at both these places. We got as far as Bala at dusk. Heading down the Main Street I spotted a van tailgate sticking almost halfway out over our carriageway. Traffic was parked chevron fashion down both sides of the road. I started to pull out then a car reversed out of a space opposite the van. Unfortunately I caught the tailgate. It ripped though two nearside windows. Breaking all our glasses in the drinks cabinet. We had broken glass all over the inside, in shoes and clothes. After phoning the police I then blocked in the vehicle. In the back of the van were two gun dogs. It was opposite a pub and two people came out and said the tailgate had been open for a couple of hours. Luckily a bus didn't hit it as it may have decapitated someone. The French owner returned half an hour later from a pub dinner and said he had closed and locked the vehicle. He then accused me of opening the van door and reversing into it!!! He would not give me his name and address and insurance details.
When the police arrived another half hour later he made that same accusation. I explained what the pub customers had said and the officer walked across to the pub. When he returned he said the pub had CCTV and the Frenchman suddenly changed his story, but wouldn't admit liability. After the police threatened to arrest him and take him to court in the morning he changed his mind. He received a police caution.
The police were very slow to arrive from 30 miles away but the were very professional and even offered us use of their car park overnight with EHU. We decided to drive home because of the broken glass spread around the interior.
We arrive home at 2am. The next evening we drove down to Autosleepers in Worcestershire. They inspected it and priced it for the insurance. It's really good dealing with staff who have been with the same company for around 25years. After a lovely day and lunch in Broadway in the Cotswolds we returned home.
We will be heading to Chester on Friday. Look forward to seeing everyone and hopefully a relaxing weekend.
Brian.

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 75
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 76
Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Just an update re wrist bands for them that don't know.

They've run out and are now issuing lanyards, ver nice they are. If you didn't get a wrist band yesterday just pop down to the tent where you checked in and collect your pass. Have fun.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
ust a note of apology. We will arrive at Chester looking like Hillbillies. We set out on Monday, intending to go to Chester via Aberdovey and Harlech. Intending to see friends at both these places. We got as far as Bala at dusk. Heading down the Main Street I spotted a van tailgate sticking almost halfway out over our carriageway. Traffic was parked chevron fashion down both sides of the road. I started to pull out then a car reversed out of a space opposite the van. Unfortunately I caught the tailgate. It ripped though two nearside windows. Breaking all our glasses in the drinks cabinet. We had broken glass all over the inside, in shoes and clothes. After phoning the police I then blocked in the vehicle. In the back of the van were two gun dogs. It was opposite a pub and two people came out and said the tailgate had been open for a couple of hours. Luckily a bus didn't hit it as it may have decapitated someone. The French owner returned half an hour later from a pub dinner and said he had closed and locked the vehicle. He then accused me of opening the van door and reversing into it!!! He would not give me his name and address and insurance details.
When the police arrived another half hour later he made that same accusation. I explained what the pub customers had said and the officer walked across to the pub. When he returned he said the pub had CCTV and the Frenchman suddenly changed his story, but wouldn't admit liability. After the police threatened to arrest him and take him to court in the morning he changed his mind. He received a police caution.
The police were very slow to arrive from 30 miles away but the were very professional and even offered us use of their car park overnight with EHU. We decided to drive home because of the broken glass spread around the interior.
We arrive home at 2am. The next evening we drove down to Autosleepers in Worcestershire. They inspected it and priced it for the insurance. It's really good dealing with staff who have been with the same company for around 25years. After a lovely day and lunch in Broadway in the Cotswolds we returned home.
We will be heading to Chester on Friday. Look forward to seeing everyone and hopefully a relaxing weekend.
Brian.

sorry to hear about ya accident brian but don't worry mate you will be able to replace the wine glasses :Smile:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Just an update re wrist bands for them that don't know.

They've run out and are now issuing lanyards, ver nice they are. If you didn't get a wrist band yesterday just pop down to the tent where you checked in and collect your pass. Have fun.

I swapped our wristbands for lanyards as the former are not removable for washing/showering etc muppet organisation

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
I swapped our wristbands for lanyards as the former are not removable for washing/showering etc muppet organisation
And now the lanyards have all gone, so what folks are going to get when they arrive today (not just Funsters), I don't know. :Doh:

Weather wise, already it's looking to be another cracking day here. :thumb:

Cheers,

Jock.

kat_lewis

Free Member
May 25, 2013
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since a nipper but only got back into it seriously recently when we inherited my mum's van
Hi all, we are visiting the show today and wondered if it is possible to come meet you folks. Do we need a pass to get to the van area? Will anyone be around after lunch ?:Smile:

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Hi all, we are visiting the show today and wondered if it is possible to come meet you folks. Do we need a pass to get to the van area? Will anyone be around after lunch ?:Smile:

Just look for the flags or anybody wearing a funster badge, I'm sure there will be plenty of us around throughout the day (the bar is probably a good place :winky:)

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
They are not the usual plastic wristbands. The ones being issued here were made of a fibrous paper.

Brisey.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Yes and fastened with adhesive not a press stud.
If they had any idea they would have used the lanyards for the campers and the wristbands for the DAY visitors :Doh:

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2014
Funster No
What was the Raffle ticket on entry all about this morning ??
No prise draw.
No refund
No point
Well it gave one persons some thing to do for an hour or so
It's great to see that they spend our payments on such wise exploits :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Another. Wasted exercise from another well organised events company :Doh:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
You all sound like you are having a good time!

The phone rang at just past midnight, I didn't get up to answer on time!

Interesting voicemail though! Thanks Paul!!!!:roflmto:

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Thanks to the Funster who started their van up at 07.40 and left it running to obviously endear themselves to others.:Angry:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Thanks to the Funster who started their van up at 07.40 and left it running to obviously endear themselves to others.:Angry:
Obviously not down our end, as I didn't hear it.

Overcast but bright this morning. Forecast is looking a bit mixed. :Sad:

Bacon rolls between 10.00 - 11.00. :thumb: See you all there. :winky:

Jock.

Skeggysue

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Skegness, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic XL
Exp
Since 2004
Hi everyone,

We are having a truly fab time. Sadly, due to some kind of misunderstanding on behalf of the festival organisers, we are not parked together with the rest of the Funsters! Those of us who paid for electric, have somehow been segregated from the Funster camping area. However, although it's a bit disappointing to be camping apart, we've met some lovely people around us and we're parked next to Ann & Mick (fellow Funsters) who are a super couple plus we are next to my brother, his wife and our niece. We keep bumping into "smiling yellow faces" and were off over to Funsters for bacon butties at 10am this morning, and so we look forward to meeting a few more "smiling faces!"

The food festival is amazing - but oh my goodness...... it's going to ruin my figure :ROFLMAO:

Great Easter weekend and thanks to Jim and his beautiful wife for all their hard work and effort.

Sue & Gilbert x

Skeggysue

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Skegness, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic XL
Exp
Since 2004
PS Forgot to mention the coffee and cake morning on Friday. How Jim & Sian catered for so many cups of coffee and tea was an incredible feat of dexterity - I would have been in a right flap had I'd had to make so many! Well done and thank you! x:thumb:

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Home now shame couldn't stay any longer. Mia enjoyed her first funster weekend and hopes to meet up with Alicia again somewhere in the near future. Hope the rain keeps away for those of you who are still there. Lovely location. Thanks to the rally organisers and special thanks to champers for her help with finding Mia last night . Next trip out is Llandudno for bank holiday if anyone is visiting the show we will be in the commercial vehicle section. The kettle is always on :thumb:

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Thanks to you all for a very enjoyable weekend, it was nice to meet a few more funsters and put some faces to the names I see on here most days.
Unfortunately we wont be at any of the meets in the near future :cry::cry: , we are on the ferry soon to disappear into southern Europe for 3 months :Smile::Cool: ,but we will be back in time for the Malvern meet, and as seems the norm we will be bringing our own generator for that one, and if they get banned then we will just have to run the wagon at dawn to charge them batteries :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Thanks again Jim and all the team.:thumb::thumb:
Ed & Shirley

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
WiFi at this meet

There is O2 free wifi on the racecourse.
Thu Fri Sat I used a directional panel antenna from ebay connected to a USB wifi hub as sold in Jim's shop and this gave me and wifey simultaneous access to the internet with our phones ipads etc.
Today I am using a omnidirectional antenna that just boosts the wifi capability of my netbook only.
I have a 5 bar signal strength but only for this netbook that it plugs in to
CA_04201419360749-M.jpg

That is the stand across the way where the wifi is
CA_04201419362483-M.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread