Dream of Motorhome Ownership Ruined By DVLA!! (1 Viewer)

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Onwards and upwards my friend. Keep the memories alive of what you and your beloved both wanted with you always . Hold on to them . Follow your dreams . They are there to be explored :sun:

Kev and Carolyn

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Nice one

Have you booked your ferry yet? :)(y)

Maybe best to wait till you physically have the V5 I guess, but I really hope this is you now over this unneeded hurdle (y)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I'm very happy to read that the DVLA problem seems to have been sorted & you will be able to follow you & your late wifes dream. It gets very waring having to deal with incompetance when you are grieving doesn't it.

I found myself in the same situation and have carried on solo (with the help of the amazing folks on here) for the last 14 months and so glad that I have.

It may be a good point to pootle around this country a little, while you get to know your van and iron out any little issues that might arise.

Here's to many exciting adventures:cheers:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
So glad you got it sorted @Tibbo I hope you have a wonderful time when you travel.

Once my MP stepped in and Oliver Morley's team did their thing my problems at the DVLA were also sorted out very quickly.

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
Nobody appears to be questioning this bit, I've never had a problem with the DVLA, though now I've said that I bet it all goes wrong when we send our V5 in for weight uprating.

Even without a V5 the turn round is pretty quick, it took 14 days to get my V5 when the dealer lost the V5 and all I had was the transfer stub.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Our new PVC was registered by the dealer and we received the V5 within 5 days. However, as I have stated elsewhere they mad a cockup of my photo licence renewal.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I've got my finger on the button. And it's bigger than Trump's button.
2234hb.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
No offence to OP, but this is standard operating procedure at DVLA. The most incompetent government agency that we have (and that's up against some pretty stiff competition) Your experiences are pretty similar to ours, although I refused to send the final change of ownership original, because I knew that they would lose it. Instead I sent a photocopy via recorded delivery. When DVLA once again claimed it had not arrived, I supplied them with the name and signature of the person who had signed for it, and miraculously the paperwork seemed to arrive, and the new V5 was issued. That was 3 attempts for us at getting a change of ownership.

We purchased ours from a company we had dealings with in the past, so he just gave us the V5, DVLA initially claimed that the original owner hadn't sent in the V5, well I knew that to be false, since I did it myself.

Be rest assured, any dealings you have with DVLA will leave you seething with rage, but the pleasure of waking up in the morning (in the near future) and opening your hab door to anywhere you have chosen to park will soon dim the memories of the incompetence of DVLA to the back of your mind :D

Sep 14, 2017
The Fens
Funster No
MH
Ford Duetto, 1995
Exp
@Tibbo , this bought tears to my eyes, so sorry that your wife has passed and the ordeal that DVLA put you through.

And so pleased all is sorted now and you can begin your wife's dream.

Here's hoping that you have a fantastic trip xx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Not defending them but with 38 million vehicles on the uk roads thats a huge client base.
Perhaps as usual, understaffing not helping.
You got there in the end but its not good enough on their part.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back