Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
Funsters are the best

Many thanks to all the funsters here who ran around to help me and get me to hospital to have the ankle checked out.

You guys and gals are the best. Thank you so much.

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
3G

Would some kind soul who uses 3's 3G network care to report on coverage (if any) for future reference? Their coverage map suggests it ought to be ok. We still want to visit at some point, even if it won't be in such good company. <!-- / message -->

3G fine not a problem. Sun still shining :thumb:

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
Thanks Jez and Lin for making this one of the best meets ever :thumb: I've met loads of people and made some excellent friends :thumb:, the location couldn't be better :thumb: and the weather was top notch too :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Nice little get together last night at the "Gazebo`s"..

Steve, playing his heart out on the squeebox.. (Accordian, I think.)

Few pictures of the get together with the sun going down...

A lovely evening to round off another cracking day.. :thumb:

Few photo`s..

Attachments

• P1060408 (600 x 450).jpg
    P1060408 (600 x 450).jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 39
  • P1060410 (600 x 450).jpg
    P1060410 (600 x 450).jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 42
  • P1060412 (600 x 450).jpg
    P1060412 (600 x 450).jpg
    51 KB · Views: 40
  • P1060414 (600 x 450).jpg
    P1060414 (600 x 450).jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 44
  • P1060413 (600 x 450).jpg
    P1060413 (600 x 450).jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 40

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Many thanks to all the funsters here who ran around to help me and get me to hospital to have the ankle checked out.

You guys and gals are the best. Thank you so much.

Glad it didn`t turn out to be worse than could have been..:thumb:

Now do as the doctor say`s and take it easy... :winky:::bigsmile:

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Rally

:thumb: Another good night last night thanks to Jez/Chris and wonderful entertainment from Steve and Denise. :thanks2:
Meal and more entertainment tonight followed by combined barbecue on Sunday with :birthday: celebrations. Weather, scenery, company all superb.
Good Rally? :beer: :youbetcha: :wine:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Glad to hear that the rally is going well, and that you are all having a great time down in sunny Dorset. :thumb:

The weather has been kind to us all here at Stratford, and we too are making the most of it.

Cheers for now,

Jock & Rita, and all at Stratford. :Smile:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Jez & Lin........ Thanks for arranging a stonking night,,,,, Brilliant fantastic... :thumb:

Never ever thought I would get to see "Buddy Holly" & "Elvis" in the same night..

And every one enjoying themselves... as only "Funsters" know how... :thumb:

Took about fifty photo`s,,,, just got to figure a way of down loading them all on here.. :RollEyes:

Few to get on with..

Sorry a couple are a bit blurry..... that wine was not what I thought it was..

Attachments

• P1060446 (600 x 450).jpg
    P1060446 (600 x 450).jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 54
  • P1060464 (600 x 450).jpg
    P1060464 (600 x 450).jpg
    59 KB · Views: 64
  • P1060452 (600 x 450).jpg
    P1060452 (600 x 450).jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 57
  • P1060435 (600 x 450).jpg
    P1060435 (600 x 450).jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 56
  • P1060456 (600 x 450).jpg
    P1060456 (600 x 450).jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
Big thanks To Steve and Alan last night, you put a smile on everyones faces. A great night all round.Thanks for all the donations to Cancer Research.Heres looking forward to the mass bbq this aft.:thumb:

Happycampers1

Free Member
Jun 18, 2014
St Leonards, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 665
Exp
Brill

Thanks Jez and Lin,
Met up purely by chance having only joined 5 days ago and chose this sport before we knew you guys were coming here. Great to meet you all.

Mike and Rachel:thumb:

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Home now and would like to say a big thank you to Jez & Lyn for putting on a great meet:thumb: we ventured into Swanage and had a beer by the sea, also met up with the wondering Funsters in a pub garden in Corfe, Steve & Denise I will never forget the 3 mile walk home:ROFLMAO: The Buddy Holly/Elvis tribute was a great laugh but have to say his jokes were as bad as old mo's:Doh: :ROFLMAO:Looking forward to doing it again next year and this time we'll be there for a week:thumb: Thanks again everyone

Rob&Jane

Nettie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2014
Brean Somerset
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E769
Exp
Since 2010
This was our first rally with the funsters and although we left it too late to book with you and ended up in another field (with electric) we had a lovely time and Saturday night was amusing to say the least. I will not leave it so late next time It was nice to meet you all.:thumb:

Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
Huge thanks to Jez and Lin for organizing a fantastic meet. Sue and I had a great weekend and made new friends as well. Look forward to seeing Jez, Lin, Trish and Pat at NF festival.
Gonna start practicing box biting for next year. I will post some pictures soon, so everyone can understand. :Cool:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Our First Funster Rally

We were only able to stay for 3 nights due to work & family commitments & we really didn’t want to leave! Thanks again to Jez, Lin, Pat & Trish for their warm welcome & all their work making sure everyone was happy. The setting was great with 2 fields with just us Funsters & an open field view with forests in the distance – as well as the farm lambs, calves, bull, peacocks, chickens & donkeys on our first night we spotted a herd of wild deer grazing on the edge of the forest just above the next field which was wonderful to see. Site facilities were well appointed & you didn’t have to go off site but wanting to see the area we visited Swanage, Sandbanks, Shell beach & walked the length of the beach at Studland Bay. We did all this in one day hopping on & off the double decker open top buses from the bus stop just next to the entrance to the site. The offroad walk to Corfe Castle was well signposted with a choice of routes & advice from Jez made sure that we didn’t get lost! We had a cream tea looking out at the dramatic view of the castle, saw a couple just married leave the church in a tractor & explored the scenic area. There were get togethers each evening & a group walk but no pressure to attend so all very relaxed. The social highlight for us was the Buddy Holly/Elvis show on the Saturday night where after a meal Steve & Alan entertained us & all the singing, a little dancing & lots of laughter brought us all together a lot more as a group & benefitted a worthwhile cause too. I still keep finding myself singing Buddy Holly songs! Our thanks again to them & their wives who all went to a lot of effort to give us a memorable evening. It was good to see other campsite visitors joining in too! By the time we left on Sunday we had chatted with a lot of the Funsters & look forward to meeting them again next year if not before. I’ve added a few photos although as they were taken on a phone they don't really do the site or area justice - view from our pitch across the fields, Corfe Castle from the footpath & Studland beach.

Attachments

• IMG_20140622_104033987.jpg
    IMG_20140622_104033987.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20140621_151707615.jpg
    IMG_20140621_151707615.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20140620_143700122_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20140620_143700122_HDR.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Sallytrafic

Free Member
Aug 20, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt on Transit
Exp
since 1988
Great night again thanks to Steve and (especially) Denise for laying on another BBQ, now firmly switched over to Dog sitting mode.

Dec 23, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Exp
Since 2002. Previous Motorhomes, 3 X Autotrail. Rapido and 2 Adria Coral Supreme.
Terrific Fun Rally in Dorset

What a terrific Rally was organised by Jez and Lin, ably assisted by Pat & Trish! This was one of the most fun and friendly Rallies we have attended and there were lots of activities arranged for those that wanted to join in. The venue was perfect, ably assisted by the weather. We have met quite a few new Funsters and look forward to seeing youi all again. It would be great if this Rally happens again next year and after the success this time, I am sure it will be fully supported next time around. Those that had to pull out of attending the Dorset Fun Rally really missed a great time!

We were really pleased to do the Buddy & Elvis Show show on Saturday Night and that most people seemed to enjoy it. Your participation made it all the more fun. Thanks again Jez & Lin, Pat & Trish for the massive work you put into making it all possible.

Steve & Anne :thumb::thumb:

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
We were really sorry to miss this rally. I have been reading all the threads with interest. I have just delivered Derek to the hospital for his operation - should know later today how long he'll be in for.

I was really looking forward to seeing (not so old) Old Mo, Jez and Lynn and Pat and Trish. Glad you've all had a good time. Maybe next year. :thumb:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Hope the operation goes smoothly, and Derek makes a speedy recovery... :thumb:

I`m sure Jez & Lin will do it again, next year after the success of this year... :thumb:

Dec 23, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Exp
Since 2002. Previous Motorhomes, 3 X Autotrail. Rapido and 2 Adria Coral Supreme.
Elvis & Buddy Fundraising Show.

:thumb: Hi again all you Funsters!

Anne & I want to say a huge "thank you" to all of you that contributed to the collection we made towards Cancer Research at the Elvis & Buddy Show on Saturday night.

It is gratifying to know that while we were all busy enjoying ourselves, we can still raise some money towards Cancer Research. Many of us have been or will be touched by this awful desease at some point and every penny that is donated counts! So many, many thanks for your kind donations. Anne is now sending off a cheque for £163.22 collected at the Rally.

We also want to thank Jez and Lin for making all this possible and for their terrific support. We look forward to seeing you all again at another Rally quite soon, or if Jez is "masochistic" enough to do it all over again, to seeing you at the Dorset Fun Rally 2015! No pressure then, Jez & Lin. :thumb:

Steve & Anne.:thumb:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
:thumb: Hi again all you Funsters!

Anne & I want to say a huge "thank you" to all of you that contributed to the collection we made towards Cancer Research at the Elvis & Buddy Show on Saturday night.

It is gratifying to know that while we were all busy enjoying ourselves, we can still raise some money towards Cancer Research. Many of us have been or will be touched by this awful desease at some point and every penny that is donated counts! So many, many thanks for your kind donations. Anne is now sending off a cheque for [HI]£163.22[/HI] collected at the Rally.

We also want to thank Jez and Lin for making all this possible and for their terrific support. We look forward to seeing you all again at another Rally quite soon, or if Jez is "masochistic" enough to do it all over again, to seeing you at the [HI]Dorset Fun Rally 2015![/HI] No pressure then, Jez & Lin. :thumb:

Steve & Anne.:thumb:

Hi Elvis, Griff & Jackie (popeye) visited you on the Sunday, you failed to ask us for our donation, so please round that 163.22 up to a round £200 and I'll send you a cheque for the difference.

We could only make the Sunday but made a point of meeting as many funsters as possible, sadly this meant I had to introduce myself to Old Mo, and whilst Paul took our group photo I trust it will not end up in any compromising positions. I deny feeding Mo any jokes whatsoever, and anything he says to the contrary is an out and out lie!

We met Jez & Lin and Elvis (Steve and Anne) and his support music man, we met Rob1chelsea1 (Rob and Jane) again and a pleasure it was too, we met Pat 1951 and phodetheus and cutfinger and sticky130 and of course my old mate Fidget Terry and Anne who made us most welcome with tea and Sponge cake, thank you both for a lovely afternoon.

We also met a Welshman with a lovely smile and outlook on life and I can't remember his name and Andy with his mum I think and far too many others to mention.

One thing I did bring away with me was the sincere feelings of gratitude from everyone we met for the effort Jez an Lyn had put in and the desire that they do it again next year, maybe if we have a roof on our cottage we will be able to stay longer next year.

Thanks all, Jackie & Griff

Last edited:

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
Sounds like you have all been having a fantastic time:Smile:
So sorry we had to cancel:Sad: were really looking forward to it.
Hope you repeat next year and I am back on my feet! x

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Good to meet you, Popeye.... at long last, and the pleasure was all yours... :winky: :RollEyes::ROFLMAO:

Judy came out to give you a shout to tell you your "Lobster Thermadore salad" was ready and a cup of tea... But you had gone... .:Sad:

So rather than waste it.......... I ate yours as well... :thumb:::bigsmile:

And what a superb jesture on the donation... I take my hat off to you.. :thumb::thumb:

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Exp
Fund Update!

Hi Funsters,

I thought you would appeciate hearing that one very king pair of Funsters from the Dorset Rally have kindly donated a tidy sum of money to take the Cancer Reseach fund from £163.21 to £200!!

As they sent me a PM to donate it, I will not name them as they may prefer to be anonomous. I'm sure you will all agree that this will make it a good donation to the cause.

Enjoy the rest of the Rally. We are sorry that we had to return early.

All the Best
Steve & Anne :thumb:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Hi Steve.... if you go 4 or 5 posts back (Post 350) you will see who it is... "Popeye".... :thumb::thumb::thumb:

A fantastic gesture from not a bad bloke in my books... :winky:::bigsmile:

And all the mickey taking aimed at him, by me, may have to end now.... :Sad:

But there again perhaps not...... he expects it from me... :RollEyes::winky::ROFLMAO:

Dec 23, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Exp
Good to meet you, Popeye.... at long last, and the pleasure was all yours... :winky: :RollEyes::ROFLMAO:

Judy came out to give you a shout to tell you your "Lobster Thermadore salad" was ready and a cup of tea... But you had gone... .:Sad:

So rather than waste it.......... I ate yours as well... :thumb:::bigsmile:

And what a superb jesture on the donation... I take my hat off to you.. :thumb::thumb:

Oh Dear!

That's your cover well and truly blown now Popeye!!! Still, I agree with
Old-Mo. Hat off to you. :Smile::Smile:
Steve

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hi Steve.... if you go 4 or 5 posts back (Post 350) you will see who it is... "Popeye".... :thumb::thumb::thumb:

A fantastic gesture from not a bad bloke in my books... :winky:::bigsmile:

[HI]And all the mickey taking aimed at him, by me, may have to end now....[/HI] :Sad:

But there again perhaps not...... he expects it from me... :RollEyes::winky::ROFLMAO:

Oi, If the Mickey taking ends then I'll demand my money back from Elvis. :winky:

Lovely to meet you and your family Mo (at last); you are just as I pictured you except for the thong.......

...................you said I was not a bit like you pictured so I imagine you thought I was young and handsome and witty then........
:roflmto:

Tessntim

Free Member
Jun 22, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato
Exp
Ye we interested in meet as we'll

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
Arrived home safe and well. Many thanks to Jez and Lin for the most funtastic rally it really was what the Dr ordered.Made so many new friends , been on a coastal path walk and a ride on a RIB along the coast ( thankyou Steve for organising the trip). Looking forward to next years one :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Back home,....what can I say after the last seven days, ......Hmm, well there is no one word to do them justice, shame those who for whatever reason had to miss this rally, missed one heck of a site, with Everything going for it to be a huge success.............very Many Thanks from this 'newbie' funster, (first motorhome, funster event).

Loads of Thank You's to folks, far too many to list, but especially huge ones to Jez and Lin for pulling it all together for us.

old Mo's pic's do it justice, save my space for next year as I' coming back. !! ::bigsmile:

One last bit,..........To all Funsters who helped/looked after Mum, a HUGE heartfelt, 'THANK YOU' from the both of us,.........after the health issues she is still experiencing and the loss of Husband earlier this year, she was quite down before getting with all you wonderfull folk; safe to say, she wants to return.................:Smile:

Look forward to spending time with any of you again soon.

Andy and Dorothy, not forgetting Maggie

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Back home,....what can I say after the last seven days, ......Hmm, well there is no one word to do them justice, shame those who for whatever reason had to miss this rally, missed one heck of a site, with Everything going for it to be a huge success.............very Many Thanks from this 'newbie' funster, (first motorhome, funster event).

Loads of Thank You's to folks, far too many to list, but especially huge ones to Jez and Lin for pulling it all together for us.

old Mo's pic's do it justice, save my space for next year as I' coming back. !! ::bigsmile:

One last bit,..........To all Funsters who helped/looked after Mum, a HUGE heartfelt, 'THANK YOU' from the both of us,.........after the health issues she is still experiencing and the loss of Husband earlier this year, she was quite down before getting with all you wonderfull folk; safe to say, she wants to return.................:Smile:

Look forward to spendi ng time with any of you again soon.

Andy and Dorothy, not forgetting Maggie

:Smile: So pleased to meet Dorothy and you, Andy, and that you enjoyed your first FUN rally. It was a pleasure to talk with you. Hope to see you on many more rallies. :thumb:
Now at Misterton and the weather is somewhat cooler:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Thanks once more to JEZ, LIN , PAT, TRISH and all the folks we met for making it a super week to remember and see you all next year:Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back