Rally Dorset Coastal Campsite Meet At Highlands End & Jurassic Fields Festival 9 - 13 July 2020 (1 Viewer)

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks for the useful info Wombles , really helpful. Sorry we won’t see you there this year but ever hopeful we will meet you next year (y)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thanks for the useful info Wombles , really helpful. Sorry we won’t see you there this year but ever hopeful we will meet you next year (y)
Glad it helped :smiley: We are sad to have to miss it this year but have to put our family first. Looking forward to meeting you & all the other Funsters there too & getting back to one of our favourite places next year.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
UPDATE:
Alan & I have family members shielding until at least the end of August so it will still be 2021 Meet for us but good news from WDLH (includes Highlands End) just posted on their Facebook page for those who will be going this year:
"Our senior management team will be meeting tomorrow to go through the detailed guidance to work out how we will open safely.
At this moment, we can confirm we will be opening the toilet & shower blocks and we will announce later on today when our booking system will be live to make a booking for camping, trailer tents and campervans from Saturday 4th July.
As well as this, other facilities including the laundry rooms, outdoor children’s play areas and washing up sinks will be open as well as many of the pubs, restaurants, cafes and other services and attractions in the local area.
In line with Government guidance, Highlands End Leisure Club and the Little Fire Station Soft Play will remain closed until further notice."

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Thankyou Wombles, I have extended my stay so now arriving on Monday 6th. I have also paid the full balance and hoping that most of the issues that dealing with reopening the site will undoubtedly happen be ironed out. Please can you put me on the list for next year. I am so grateful to you as the opportunity to get away is a godsend after the last 3 months. and if you had not arranged this I would have lost the opportunity as I am not very good at planning :eek:Keep your selves and your family well see you next year

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
Wombles do you have a list of the people still planning on going this year? If so, could you post it please, so we know who we might come across.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Wombles do you have a list of the people still planning on going this year? If so, could you post it please, so we know who we might come across.
We only know who is going from the posts on here as it's a meet (not a rally) booking is with the campsite (with real names!) & the list is kept updated on the first post of this thread.
Have copied & pasted it below as we have been advised up until now:
Booked:
Wombles - Alan & Karen (gravel pitch) Postponed booking to 2021 Meet
Ejaydee - Eddy & Clare (gravel pitch)
DuxDeluxe - David
Electraglide - Trevor & Barbara (grass pitch)
David and Sally - David & Sally (gravel pitch)
LPB - Lloyd
Nana - Toni & Mike Postponed booking to 2021 Meet
Jalopiers - Bob & Sue (grass pitch)
Dizzy Izzy - Lesley & Chris (gravel pitch)
jimairi - Jim & Mairi (grass pitch)
Ginster - Ginnie (gravel pitch) Postponed booking to 2021 Meet ?
Hastingsranger - Mal & Ian (grass pitch)
MikeD - Mike & Sandra (grass pitch) Cancelled
Anthea M - Anthea & Rob (gravel pitch) Postponed booking to 2021 Meet
Debs - Debs Postponed booking to 2021 Meet
Jenben - Carolyn & Chris
Badknee - Paul & Angela (grass pitch)
Mr Chrysalis - Chris & Alice (gravel pitch) Postponed booking to 2021 Meet
stevewagner - Janet & Steve (grass pitch) Postponed booking to 2021 Meet
philann - Phil & Ann (gravel pitch) Postponed booking to 2021 Meet
Granjan (gravel pitch) Postponed booking to 2021 Meet
TheTwoOfUs - Neil & Merilyn (gravel pitch) Postponed booking to 2021 Meet
Stretto Boy (gravel pitch)
Les - Les (gravel pitch)
Kev and Ju (gravel pitch)
Andychad12343 - Andy
bigalw35 - Marg & Alan (gravel pitch) Postponed booking to 2021 Meet
h1ghway1 - Pat
swiftsteve - Steve & Jan (hardstanding)
westhamman (gravel pitch) Postponed booking to 2021 Meet
Jandz - Janet (gravel pitch)
Nanniemate (grass pitch)
WellWornTraveller - Bernie & Christine
Centurian - Peter & Eileen
big map - Andrea (Friday)
Baycott - John & Jan
Dorwyn - Geoff & Carol (gravel pitch)
Kannon Fodda - Rob (grass pitch)
Rabbitheartedgirl - Rosemary & Steve (gravel pitch)
Targetpaster - Bob & Jan Postponed booking to 2021 Meet
Scout - Phil & Andrea Postponed booking
Jasz - John & Sharon (gravel pitch)
Docsmobile - John and Nancy (gravel pitch) Postponed booking to 2021 Meet
Cliffyboy
Shunter

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Just a heads up on the pre-arrival info. for those still going <Broken link removed> - this has just been added to WDLH website but sure you will be emailed this in due course. It's a bit different to how things are normally run but good to see they are thinking everything through to make it as safe as possible at the present time.

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
I shall be paying the balance today. Looking forward to it. I shall be on my own though, as my wife has decided not to come.

Les

Apr 18, 2008
Seaford
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
I shall be paying the balance today. Looking forward to it. I shall be on my own though, as my wife has decided not to come.
Shame your wife not coming but look forward to seeing you there,the weather looks good next week 🌞😊

Aug 7, 2019
Worcester (UK)
Funster No
MH
Autograph 794-T
Exp
I'm a newbie
Balance paid - confirmation received - successful pre-trip shakedown run completed yesterday. Fridge filling session today. All we need now is a bit of :sun:. Looking forward to putting a few Funsters faces to names(y)

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Fully paid up and arriving sometime Thursday

Are we too late to book for this event

This year is no longer a Rally. It was to have coincided with the Jurassic Fields music festival now cancelled for this year, and Wombles who was co-ordinating us all is also now not attending. Those of us who are still going to Highlands End are doing so as individuals as all bookings for pitches were made direct with the campsite.

If you want to go there, you'll need to contact the site direct and see if they have any space. Those of us who will be there won't have any formal activities, or anything else that would be considered a rally. We may be able to converse in very small groups, but anything that happens, including any potential use of the on site bar and restaurant will be subject to the published site social distancing rules in the link posted by Wombles #286

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Are we too late to book for this event
Hi & thank you for your interest - officially this Motorhome Fun Meet has been postponed until July next year from Highlands End point of view as group gatherings are not permitted but quite a few Funsters are still going along "individually" (but no large gatherings & adhering to the social distancing & campsite COVID Safe rules) rather than postpone until next year & some are doing both! From our point of view as organisers & hosts of this meet, as mentioned previously on here, we have vulnerable family members who need our support to consider so we have had to postpone our booking until next year. As this is a meet booking direct with the campsite for marked pitches those that want to go along still can, if it was a rally we would have to get others to stand in for us or to cancel it.
It may still be possible to book under their normal terms if they have availability but checking those dates on their website they are showing as full at the moment but worth calling them now & maybe nearer the time as there are often last minute cancellations. You will never be far from a friendly Funster :) Hope that somewhat long winded reply helps?! Hope to see you there next year - the new thread for that meet will be posted soon.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
This year is no longer a Rally. It was to have coincided with the Jurassic Fields music festival now cancelled for this year, and Wombles who was co-ordinating us all is also now not attending. Those of us who are still going to Highlands End are doing so as individuals as all bookings for pitches were made direct with the campsite.

If you want to go there, you'll need to contact the site direct and see if they have any space. Those of us who will be there won't have any formal activities, or anything else that would be considered a rally. We may be able to converse in very small groups, but anything that happens, including any potential use of the on site bar and restaurant will be subject to the published site social distancing rules in the link posted by Wombles #286
Hi & thank you for trying to reply & your mention of the social distancing rules (y) Sure you will all still have a lovely time there.
Just to avoid confusion for anyone reading this - this was always a meet booking marked pitches direct with the campsite rather than a rally booking with rally marshals organising, taking payment & parking up everyone (normally in an unmarked field) as Highlands End do not have a rally field. As mentioned above the good thing about this is that it can go ahead even without us! We look forward to seeing the photos & getting back there again next year...

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back