Rally Dorset Coastal Campsite Meet At Highlands End & Jurassic Fields Festival 9 - 13 July 2020 (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017
Absolutely gutted! :( New to me van won't be ready till 20th so will miss the rally, hopefully can still transfer to next year, (Wombles please remove me from this years rally) waiting to hear back. from HE.:cry::cry:

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I'm having trouble trying to pay the rest of my booking, I just don't understand their website. I've logged in, gone to manage my account and can't find any option to pay. So I phoned up, and the recorded message was we're too busy. Any tips?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ejaydee

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2018
Penzance in (usually) sunny Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T 590
Exp
Since retiring
Hi Dorwyn, if I remember right, if you go into "my Bookings" and click on the booking number (it is not highlighted as a usual hyperlink), it will then say what is owed and give you the option to pay. I seem to remember that it was not obvious when I went to pay myself, and only found the link by accident.

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Hi Dorwyn, if I remember right, if you go into "my Bookings" and click on the booking number (it is not highlighted as a usual hyperlink), it will then say what is owed and give you the option to pay. I seem to remember that it was not obvious when I went to pay myself, and only found the link by accident.
Well, that was easy. Many thanks. I've been using the internet for centuries (it seems), and couldn't work that out. Easi Peasy!

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
It just goes to show, just ask! That's one of the best things about this website. The worst is those rude aggressive prats. Present company excepted, of course.

Jul 30, 2017
Romney Marsh (St Mary's Bay)
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Since 2008
Could do with some help please folks. Anybody going to this meet/rally early, i.e. the next couple of days, could they please shout if there are any roadworks or holdups on the M3, M27 or the A31.

Thanks you good folks in anticipation.

Bernie

Les

Apr 18, 2008
Seaford
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
Could do with some help please folks. Anybody going to this meet/rally early, i.e. the next couple of days, could they please shout if there are any roadworks or holdups on the M3, M27 or the A31.

Thanks you good folks in anticipation.

Bernie
Not going till Tuesday let you know about M27

swiftsteve

LIFE MEMBER
May 16, 2018
kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral S 680 ST
Exp
Since 2008, with a gap between 2013 and 2018.
Hi Wombles you've got us down as postponed till next year, but I've paid up for this year and will be there on Thursday. Please confirm that we are booked in.

Reactions: Les

swiftsteve

LIFE MEMBER
May 16, 2018
kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral S 680 ST
Exp
Just checked highlands end website. I am booked in for thursday, phew, you had me worried there wombles. 😅

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi Wombles you've got us down as postponed till next year, but I've paid up for this year and will be there on Thursday. Please confirm that we are booked in.
Just checked highlands end website. I am booked in for thursday, phew, you had me worried there wombles. 😅

Hi - bit confused as you are not & have never been marked as postponed on the list on the first post which we keep updated & I've copied & pasted below! Your booking is wholly with Highlands End so good that you have checked with them - for campsite meets we only organise the date hopefully with a discount or deal then post on the forum & admin. the thread then normally greet everyone & arrange a few social get togethers once there.

Booked:
Wombles - Alan & Karen (gravel pitch) Postponed booking to 2021 Meet
Ejaydee - Eddy & Clare (gravel pitch)
DuxDeluxe - David
Electraglide - Trevor & Barbara (grass pitch)
David and Sally - David & Sally (gravel pitch)
LPB - Lloyd
Nana - Toni & Mike Postponed booking to 2021 Meet
Jalopiers - Bob & Sue (grass pitch)
Dizzy Izzy - Lesley & Chris (gravel pitch)
jimairi - Jim & Mairi (grass pitch)
Ginster - Ginnie (gravel pitch) Postponed booking to 2021 Meet
Hastingsranger - Mal & Ian (grass pitch)
MikeD - Mike & Sandra (grass pitch) Cancelled
Anthea M - Anthea & Rob (gravel pitch) Postponed booking to 2021 Meet
Debs - Debs Postponed booking to 2021 Meet
Jenben - Carolyn & Chris
Badknee - Paul & Angela (grass pitch)
Mr Chrysalis - Chris & Alice (gravel pitch) Postponed booking to 2021 Meet
stevewagner - Janet & Steve (grass pitch) Postponed booking to 2021 Meet
philann - Phil & Ann (gravel pitch) Postponed booking to 2021 Meet
Granjan (gravel pitch) Postponed booking to 2021 Meet
TheTwoOfUs - Neil & Merilyn (gravel pitch) Postponed booking to 2021 Meet
Stretto Boy (gravel pitch)
Les - Les (gravel pitch)
Kev and Ju (gravel pitch)
Andychad12343 - Andy
bigalw35 - Marg & Alan (gravel pitch) Postponed booking to 2021 Meet
h1ghway1 - Pat
swiftsteve - Steve & Jan (hardstanding)
westhamman (gravel pitch) Postponed booking to 2021 Meet
Jandz - Janet (gravel pitch)
Nanniemate (grass pitch)
WellWornTraveller - Bernie & Christine
Centurian - Peter & Eileen
big map - Andrea
Baycott - John & Jan
Dorwyn - Geoff & Carol (gravel pitch)
Kannon Fodda - Rob (grass pitch)
Rabbitheartedgirl - Rosemary & Steve (gravel pitch)
Targetpaster - Bob & Jan Postponed booking to 2021 Meet
Scout - Phil & Andrea Postponed booking
Jasz - John & Sharon (gravel pitch)
Docsmobile - John and Nancy (gravel pitch) Postponed booking to 2021 Meet
Cliffyboy
Shunter

Last edited:

swiftsteve

LIFE MEMBER
May 16, 2018
kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral S 680 ST
Exp
Doh! Apologies wombles, I misread your post, I thought the bold bit was a heading. It didn't take much to confuse me, I've not even had a beer yet, maybe it's time I did 🤪

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Doh! Apologies wombles, I misread your post, I thought the bold bit was a heading. It didn't take much to confuse me, I've not even had a beer yet, maybe it's time I did 🤪
No worries - glad you are all sorted (y)

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Wombles we had to change plans and can you now add us to next years list ?
many thanks

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Nanniemate & All going this week - I'll try to keep the list on the first post updated so you can all see which Funsters are at the campsite that's if they want to be spotted by posting on this thread!

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Looks busy to me but not stayed here before this is the grass pitches

Attachments

• 20200707_110729.jpg
    20200707_110729.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 34
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Will start the 8-12 July 2021 Meet thread once the Funsters going this year have left Highlands End as otherwise it may get confusing! Please can those on the list below let me know if you have postponed to the 2021 Meet so I can add you to that one or post on here once you arrive at the campsite this year (if you want other Funsters to spot you :hi: ) & I'll try to keep the list on the first post on this thread updated. Alan & I won't be there in person this year due to having vulnerable family members to consider but look forward to your posts & photos & getting back there again with you all next year :sun:
Ejaydee DuxDeluxe Electraglide David and Sally LPB Jalopier Dizzy Izzy jimairi Hastingsranger Badknee Stretto Boy Les Kev and Ju Andychad12343 h1ghway1 swiftsteve Jandz WellWornTraveller Centurian big map Baycott Dorwyn Kannon Fodda Rabbitheartedgirl Jasz Cliffyboy shunter

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Leave some space for those of us arriving on Thursday ::bigsmile:
Each pitch is numbered so you can pick any available pitch on arrival of the type that you have booked e.g. grass or gravel - normally you will be given a map of the site at Reception to show those areas but they may be checking everyone in at your motorhome as you drive up at busy times to make it safer. It can sometimes get a bit frantic (bit like C&MHC sites) as those arriving drive around & try & find the best pitch for them.
The map is here https://wdlh.co.uk/holiday-parks/highlands-end/park-map/

Ejaydee

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2018
Penzance in (usually) sunny Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T 590
Exp
Since retiring
Wombles and all, very sorry to say we will not be there:cautious:. I collected the van from storage yesterday and the engine management light was on, it has been put on a diagnostic machine and I have been told it needs a forced regeneration and oil &filter change. Unfortunately the garage that did the diagnostics, wasn't able to do the work as their test kit would not force the system into the regeneration process. Have now booked it into a Fiat commercial main dealer but they cannot do the work until next week. I have phoned Highlands End and they have issue a credit note for us to go later in the year. Apparently, due to many vehicles being idle for several months during lockdown, and very few long journeys to initiate auto regeneration, this is a problem a lot of vehicles are suffering.

Hope all those on the meet have a great time, and perhaps see you there next year!

Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
on and off since 1980
Wombles Thanks for the heads up but we will not make next year's meet, I have managed to get a credit from Highlands and 2022 tickets for the Festival

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun