Rally Dorset Coastal Campsite Meet At Highlands End & Jurassic Fields Festival 9 - 13 July 2020 (1 Viewer)

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
We have also deferred to 2021, and emailed bookings@wdlh.co.uk
(arriving 8 July & departing 12 July 2021 for Motorhome Fun Meet)

Please add us to the MHF list

Thanks for keeping us informed Wombles

davejo24

Free Member
Sep 26, 2018
Saltburn
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off since about 2006
When I enquired with Highland's End about booking the 2020 rally I got this response on 1/6/2020 which seems to be at odds with the expectations of funsters still expecting to attend the rally, can anyone add some clarity:-

Thank you for your email regarding booking the Motorhome Fun Rally. Unfortunately due to the current circumstances of Covid-19, this Rally has been cancelled. However, we will be starting to take new bookings from 9th July 2020. Please be aware that due to the current government guidelines some of the Park facilities will be closed and we are only currently taking bookings for self-sufficient touring (shower, toilet and washing up facilities may remain closed) and self- catering accommodation.

If you are interested in booking the Motorhome Fun Rally for 2021, the dates would be 9th July 2021 until 11th July 2021.

Kind Regards

Philippa

Reception Team

01308 426912

www.wdlh.co.uk – Online booking available 24/7

www.holidayhomesindorset.co.uk

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Yes the "rally" has been cancelled for 2020 as Wombles was organising it, but won't now be there, plus the rally was to have coincided with the Jurassic Field festival that isn't happening. Many have therefore chosen to postpone their bookings to 2021 when the rally will be rescheduled.

Despite there being no formal rally, and many site facilities will be closed, as motorhomers with our own amenities on board a number of us still hope to be able to go this year. Most would have provisional bookings from the 9th July, the original rally dates, which would align with the above planned site opening booking date. They aren't collecting balance of booking fees until around 7 days before arrival, by which time I suspect they'll know if they can re-open or not. Of course we all anxiously await the government confirmation that camping sites can re-open which it seems the major organisations have pencilled in as the phase 3 date of 4th July (when we motorhomers can hopefully claim we get independence and can fully escape our houses).

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
When I enquired with Highland's End about booking the 2020 rally I got this response on 1/6/2020 which seems to be at odds with the expectations of funsters still expecting to attend the rally, can anyone add some clarity:-

Thank you for your email regarding booking the Motorhome Fun Rally. Unfortunately due to the current circumstances of Covid-19, this Rally has been cancelled. However, we will be starting to take new bookings from 9th July 2020. Please be aware that due to the current government guidelines some of the Park facilities will be closed and we are only currently taking bookings for self-sufficient touring (shower, toilet and washing up facilities may remain closed) and self- catering accommodation.

If you are interested in booking the Motorhome Fun Rally for 2021, the dates would be 9th July 2021 until 11th July 2021.

Kind Regards

Philippa

Reception Team

01308 426912

That is a slightly confusing message as they are taking bookings from 4th July, all being well. Only for self sufficient units though. Although the "Rally" has been cancelled the camping has not. I'm turning up on 8th and have confirmation from WDLH to this effect. In effect, because all the Motorhomes were spread out through the site, it was not really a rally as in a block of units all together anyway. Still a great place to go

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now

Kind Regards

Philippa

Reception Team

01308 426912

Hi & thank you for your (first) post - I will try & clarify the status of this Meet from our point of view! Although the name rally is often used technically this one is a meet as everyone books camping pitches direct with the campsite where we have hopefully managed to negotiate some deal or discount for members & their rules apply - the good thing about this is that if the organiser can't attend then everyone still has their booking in place as is the case for Highlands End this year but with the Government guidelines no social gathering is allowed so none of us (including the campsite) can encourage this. For rallies it is the organisers (volunteer Funsters) who take the payment & do the admin. & it requires them &/or rally marshals to park everyone up safely & if the organiser can't do this or find a suitable replacement then it would be cancelled.
Jurassic Fields Festival has been postponed but that doesn't affect the camping bookings for this Meet. Highlands End are hoping to be able to open with limited facilities & restrictions in place so some Funsters are keen to attend whilst adhering to social distancing rules whilst others need or are choosing to postpone. Like many others we have vulnerable family members to consider so we have had to postpone our booking to the 2021 Meet as previously mentioned so sadly we won't be there to greet Funsters or host any social gatherings (if legal then) but sure those who go will still have some friendly but safe chats. Whilst they may be pitched in different areas around the campsite it's normally easy to spot a Funster! Many campsites are not taking new "group" bookings or offering any discounts at the moment just whatever is possible via their website as individual bookings for motorhomes with their own on board facilities.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
If Highlands End decide they're not going to be open in July, I'm gonna take my van down to the beach and park up😂😂 either way I'm sleeping in it next month!! :Grin: :dance2: :party3::cool:

see you there may have to row across from Wales though :giggler:

Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
We have added extra days both sides of the original booking so we can have a decent break in a nice looking spot. Hopefully there will be some places open by then to get a meal, but it's not a problem if there aren't.
At this stage we're not sure where we might go after that.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
I've also extended my stay to the beginning of the week (hopefully) then over to Vanbitz for the solar panels counting the days down now work are forcing us to take leave so 2 weeks mid July all around a cancelled music festival :party:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I booked this site on the 9th June after talking to DuxDelux looks a smashing site just to get away for a few days , will be arriving on the Thursday 9 July :cool:(y)
(DuxDeluxe locks drink away and seriously considering cancelling....... :rofl: )

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
1592412313089.png
x 4 on the way

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Wombles thanks for updating the info, we think we might still go to the site this year but wondered if we could also be added to the rally list for next year . If we aren’t transferring our booking do we need to contact the site to be added to the MHFun booking for next year as well ?

Take care and stay safe.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi Wombles thanks for updating the info, we think we might still go to the site this year but wondered if we could also be added to the rally list for next year . If we aren’t transferring our booking do we need to contact the site to be added to the MHFun booking for next year as well ?

Take care and stay safe.
Hi - it's lovely that you might want to come along next year too! For the Meet next year everyone does have to book direct again with the campsite for 8-12 July 2021 (or dates around that to suit you) - booking online is open now https://wdlh.co.uk/holiday-parks/highlands-end/ but only the 10% early booking discount applies (automatically on web bookings if 3 nights or more) as at present we are waiting to hear if one dog can stay free again (should know by early July) but hopefully they will allow us all earlier arrival from midday again. If you don't have a dog to consider &/or want to book now please do put Motorhome Fun & your forum name in the Special Instructions box on website checkout as the campsite knowing how many of us are booking helps to negotiate the best deal. Once booked please post on here - I will start a thread for next year soon with an up to date list for that one but might be confusing to have both running at the moment.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back