Jun 1, 2016
Ferndown, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 4009
Exp
Since early 90's
Hi All,
I have a Chausson Allegro 96 and wanted to fit a Fiamma Door Frame Door Lock, I was told that it could not be done because the hab door is next to the fridge/oven and the full height fridge is in the way ( as shown ).
Does anyone have any advice on whether its possible please? or maybe an alternative?

many thanks
Mark

Attachments

• side.jpg
    side.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 64
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
A photo of inside of door open and closed would be useful?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Ours is a Chausson Flash 10 and has a similar layout to yours as regards door and fridge. I have been looking into fitting an additional lock to the hab door.

I'm pretty sure you can fit one of the Fiamma range, which mounts externally, by drilling into the area where the back of the fridge sits. This means it cannot be locked from the inside, but only when you leave the vehicle, but might be that's what your after ? Anyway, the idea would be to use spreader bars in the inside of the fridge area, which would make the lock really solid, access for the bars to be via the vents. You'd have to be sure that you did not drill into to the hab area from the fridge area of course.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Would a Dead Lock fit? I think @JJ fitted one on his old banger:cool:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Would a Dead Lock fit? I think @JJ fitted one on his old banger:cool:

"I will be good... I will not rise to the bait."

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

JJ :cool:

PS. I fitted two... Upper door and lower one.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Problem with that is if you can access it so can a thief to take it off(y)
Not if you use tamper proof fixings.

Shear bolts (the hex head shears off leaving a blank head)
Tighten only screws (they have a regular slot on the tighten face but a tapered cam on the undo face which NOTHING can undo)
Both the above are permanent unless you use a drill to remove.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Get the Fiamma Safe Door Frame version. It fixes into the door frame rather than through the wall, Speak to Johns Cross they will be able to help you, and give you a Funster discount.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Exp
Several years now
Problem with that is if you can access it so can a thief to take it off(y)

I'd suspect a criminal would be unlikely to be sticking his / her arm up a fridge vent clutching a socket wrench when he could jemmy the plastic windows in a couple of seconds.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I'd suspect a criminal would be unlikely to be sticking his / her arm up a fridge vent clutching a socket wrench when he could jemmy the plastic windows in a couple of seconds.
To be honest if they are that determined nothing's going to stop them is it? Most of what we fit is more of deterrent value hopefully they try somewhere easier especially if you have a Strikeback fitted.(y)(y)(y)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
The problem with these sorts of deterrent are that they will not withstand a crowbar - the fixings will just pull out from the wall. And that just means a lot more expensive repair!

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Exp
Several years now
This one from Thule is operable from both inside and outside and can also be positioned to cover the original lock/ keyhole. It only needs a 24 x 100 mm space on the inside of the door frame for the fittings ! My Burstner has the same layout as yours and it will fit it as the inner unit can be mounted vertically apparently !

https://www.leisureoutlet.com/door-...MI6O-b8rWT1wIV0RXTCh114Ak0EAQYAyABEgJQE_D_BwE

Looked at that item, can state for sure it won't fit onto our Chausson door frame, not enough space.

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
The problem with these sorts of deterrent are that they will not withstand a crowbar - the fixings will just pull out from the wall. And that just means a lot more expensive repair!

I think there is always a trade between detecting the casual thief who simply looks for easy prey, and having the determined thief who will accept damage because either he is only interested in the mechanics and kit for resale or is just bloody minded because you made his life difficult. In reality I suspect most of the security kit would barely meet the 5 minutes resistance required to meet the 'Sold Secure' standard required for caravan immobilizers

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back